ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Anquan Boldin: the Beast

faaaaaaq

I'm feeling it. The YAC was pretty spectacular. In a game of inches, he fights for every yard.

I liked the slants and screens to take advantage of that...something we may need some more of.

He also will go up and get it in traffic over the middle. He is fearless.

The one handed catches were just nasty.

I have to say I'm not thrilled about Boldin landing in the AFC North. I live in Arizona, and have watched him play. He's good.

The Spoonge Bob music sucked but the video was outstanding. That certainly pumped me up.

I'm not saying this is the same level of signing, but it has a feel of 2000 when the Ravens signed Shannon Sharpe.

Ozzie did good. The Bengals and Browns could use a receiver and Oz beat them to the lunch table.

The Bengals and Browns could use a receiver and Oz beat them to the lunch table.

Dont worry, the Bengals will sign Leon...Wait til he finds out the NFL game is only played with 1 ball...Cant imagine Leon and Mucho Stinko in the same club house..This will destroy Palmer, you think he looks lost now?? just wait til he has to deal with 2 knuckleheads Tweeting about him..LOL

The Bengals and Browns could use a receiver and Oz beat them to the lunch table.

Dont worry, the Bengals will sign Leon...

You feel it too huh? Be careful for what you wish for!

Im praying for it...It'll be one less pretender for the AFCN :)

Pretender!?! C'mon man. Terrell Owens and Anquan Boldin are not that far apart in age or ability.

Leon is 37 Boldin is 29...Boldin is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Leon

I'll give you the edge on age, but that's all I'm handing out today.

I'll give you the edge on age, but that's all I'm handing out today.

T.O. used to be that good. There was even a period where he was probably the best receiver (when Moss was in Oakland, maybe). But not right now...

That said, I'd love to have T.O. and Boldin out there together.

Teams who are playoff contenders will avoid T.O like the plague. They will not allow anything to upset that chemistry.

His lot is with the 'Buffalo's' of the world.

This is my favorite Anquan Boldin highlight. Joe's job should be a lot easier when you have a receiver that can abuse cornerbacks like this and then take it to the house:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d814c4a1b/Boldin-39-yard-TD

That's not bad, Cleetz, but it has nothing on 5:10 from the original video. And the sick part is that Boldin makes plays like these look routine.

Something I learned from this highlight reel: Corners don't like to tackle this guy. They're going to look forward to tackling McClain and Rice after they get a load of this. So many of his touchdowns are just him catching a short pass and putting his head down like a RB. You can't overstate how much this is going to open up the field for us... they'll have to have a safety helping out at all times on him, or else he'll just run over 99% of the CB's in the league, and you can't stop him from catching a WR screen....

That's not bad, Cleetz, but it has nothing on 5:10 from the original video. And the sick part is that Boldin makes plays like these look routine.

Something I learned from this highlight reel: Corners don't like to tackle this guy. They're going to look forward to tackling McClain and Rice after they get a load of this. So many of his touchdowns are just him catching a short pass and putting his head down like a RB. You can't overstate how much this is going to open up the field for us... they'll have to have a safety helping out at all times on him, or else he'll just run over 99% of the CB's in the league, and you can't stop him from catching a WR screen....

Exactly, the guys 'lack of downfield threat' is completely overblown. WR screens are something I have been begging Harbaugh (from my couch) to use, but now with Boldin he has to implement them. It's a great play when you have a guy like Boldin, worst case scenario is a 3 yard gain and Flacco improves his rhythm with the completions.

Good stuff from Kurt Warner on Q:

Boldin Called Ray Lewis on Offense

Everyone knows how much Ray Lewis’ passion, strength and intensity drives the Ravens defense.

Now imagine that on offense.

That’s what former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner, who threw to Boldin for five seasons in Arizona, is envisioning in 2010 for the Ravens.

“Adding Q is a great match for the whole Ravens football team, specifically to have somebody with Ray Lewis’ intensity on the offensive side of the ball,” Warner told USA TODAY.

“Q and Ray are very similar type guys on each side of the ball who have a huge impact inside the locker room with their competitiveness and drive, how they’re going to try to push people to be the best.”

Warner gushed about Boldin’s intangibles.

“With his competitiveness and toughness as a leader, Q is one of those guys when things aren’t going well, he’s the guy who’s going to step up and make a play,” Warner said. “He’s the guy who wants the ball and the opportunity to get the team going. Now to be with a team that’s right on the verge, he can help get the Ravens over the top.”

Warner also had some ideas on how Boldin could specifically be used in the Ravens offense. He said Boldin’s strength intimidates defenses and that the Ravens can use quick passes to let Boldin “do something special with it.” Warner also foresees Boldin having a big impact in play action as opposing defenses will still key on stopping Ray Rice.

“He’s going to be a huge benefit within their system that they’ll be able to take distinct advantage of teams that want to put nine guys in the box,” Warner said.

The intimidation is exactly what I envisioned when we got him but the intangibles and locker room leadership are just an added bonus. Nice work Oz.

Aren't we worried at all that Boldin's aggressive attitude may clash with Mark Clayton's leadership style? Because Clayton is the clear leader of this offense, and this could be viewed as Boldin infringing on his territory.