ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Its on!

cravnravn

Come on Va, Im loving it...it dosent take me long to get fired up and to have these 2 going at it just makes me want next Sunday to get here that much more quicker!!!

238060285_a2bf8af1b1.jpg

I know Crav, its gets you juiced up ! I dont mean to sound like a sourpuss, but I wish Scott would just shut his damn mouth and get some sacks. Crap, Harrison and Timmons at Pittsburgh are scarping up sacks left and right, and what does Scott have ? A couple maybe. I just wish the guy would zip it and put up some sacks, starting Sunday night !!

Amen to that, BA.

In his defense, he is not an all-out pass rusher in the model of Terrell or AD. He is more of a gap-filler and run defender. And he does those duties well.

But for all his talk, he is the weakest link in our linebacking crew in my mind.

Amen to that, BA.

In his defense, he is not an all-out pass rusher in the model of Terrell or AD. He is more of a gap-filler and run defender. And he does those duties well.

But for all his talk, he is the weakest link in our linebacking crew in my mind.

Agreed! And you are right about seeing what Barnes, McClain and some of the other young guys can do.

Barnes and McClain are OLBs. Could they play Scott's ILB spot? Possibly, but they would be extremely raw. Their natural talents are cleary rushing the corner. Scott may be the weaklink of our LB core (JJ has been great this season), but that is hardly anything to hang your head over. Scott would be the best linebacker on many teams in this league.

I like Scott's trashtalking, it is all in good fun. The thing about Scott is that he brings it 110% every week, of course he is going to get passionate about it.

I don't necessarily agree that he'd be the best LB on many teams in this league.

He has success in our system, just as many others have... Hartwell, Edge, Sharper, etc... but will they have success outside of it? Without the help?

Scott's relatively mediocre season, while others are having standout years on this team, only leads me to believe that he is more and more a product of system over actual talent...

Don't get me wrong, I like Scott. I would keep him around if we could. But as has often been discussed... three LBs up for new contracts, who is going to be the odd man out? At this point, it is very clearly Scott.

Before this season I thought scott was all talk, but I think he has been pretty good this yr. He is quick and makes alot of great plays at the line of scrimmage. His sacks have diminished and he has problems covering the rb out of the backfield, but I would like to sign him. He will prolly ask for more than we can give and ray is way more valuable than scott IMO.

Guest BallTMore

The trash-talk does make the game that much more intense. There's no other player in the NFL that pisses me off more than Ward.

I know our guys are waiting to lay him out, but it's probably not going to happen, we've had big hits on him, but Hines is a master at avoiding penalties and huge hits.

Ben is second. But that's because I hate seeing our defense miss so many sacks, especially Scott. He over pursues Ben every damn time we play them, and it almost always turns into a big play for Pittsburgh.

Anyway, Washington is this week. I need to focus my energy on hating them. I'll worry about hating Pittsburgh next week. :angry:

I don't necessarily agree that he'd be the best LB on many teams in this league.

He has success in our system, just as many others have... Hartwell, Edge, Sharper, etc... but will they have success outside of it? Without the help?

Scott's relatively mediocre season, while others are having standout years on this team, only leads me to believe that he is more and more a product of system over actual talent...

Don't get me wrong, I like Scott. I would keep him around if we could. But as has often been discussed... three LBs up for new contracts, who is going to be the odd man out? At this point, it is very clearly Scott.

Good point about Hartwell and Sharper. I also agree with you that Scott is probably the man out this offseason. However, Scott has been a great Raven and is extremely loyal. He is a great teammate, and unlike the other backers you mentioned, Scott adds to the intensity of our defense instead or merely feeding off of it. Scott himself has turned into a good leader, and I believe others play better with him around.

As for Scott being mediocre this season, I think he has played as big a part as anyone in the reason why our run defense and total is ranked #2 in the league. The sack numbers might not be there, but like others pointed out in this thread, he is not a pass rusher. He is a hard blitzer, which sacks at that point are a product of the scheme. More than anything though, Scott has been rocksolid against the run.

Ben is second. But that's because I hate seeing our defense miss so many sacks, especially Scott. He over pursues Ben every damn time we play them, and it almost always turns into a big play for Pittsburgh.

Worthlessberger must be the hardest QB in the freakin' league to take down, which is odd considering that the Pittsburgh O-Line has given up boffo sacks this year. Just imagine if Pittsburgh didn't have such a mobile hulking brute under center...