ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Key To The Game On Offense

vmax

Don't get me wrong...Revis and Browner are two excellent corners...the best the Ravens have seen...
But...
Neither one is as fast as Torrey.
Browner will have to out muscle and Jamb Torrey at the LOS. After that he's looking at Torrey's back.
And...
This is not the Revis of Revis Island. His ball skills are still excellent, but he is not as fast as before the ACL. It's a big mistake to concede him 1/3 of the field.

They are more than adequate to keep the WR scoring and chain moving plays to a minimum but the bog splash play is still there...if...the Ravens can run the ball and pull those safeties in.

The guy that nobody is talking about is the KEY: Forsett.
And his line.

The running game is crucial to moving the chains, keeping Brady off the field and bringing the safeties in to open up the passing game.

The running game will crack the nut.

Forsett will not only have to show up strong, fast and elusive, but he must make some big plays on his own.

justin-forsett-nfl-tennessee-titans-balt

I think it will come down to IF the Ravens can get a match up of Daniels or even Brown/Aiken on a linebacker down the seam or on intermediate crossing routes. That is the Pats' weakness; up the middle. Chung & company are decent safeties but they bite hard on pump fakes, they love to focus on the qb's "eyes". Teams have had good success over the middle with pump fakes and middle crossing routes.

Yes Torrey is "fast" however, he only has one speed and it takes him a while, 10-15 yards of clear running to get to full speed. This is why when he gets jammed, he can't get seperation at the top of the route because he doesn't have the time in the route, nor the yards left to get to full speed.

Even on the occasions he has gotten away, he struggles to find the ball. Often times, instead of keeping on the route, he stops and tries to jump for the ball once he finds it. In those instances, most of the time if he just kept running he not only has an uncontested catch, but also a touchdown.

I would say use rub routes with Smith Sr to get him open, Revis plays off on these routes and is slow to respond to the ball. However, the receives have shown, they can't run these routes properly.

So it comes down to the tight ends and the two young, bigger receivers in Brown & Aiken in the passing game.

Here's a Billickism....

Brian Billick ✔ @CoachBillick
Follow
The #Ravens can beat the #Patriots because the salient facts suggest that Joe Flacco is better than Tom Brady: http://tinyurl.com/pquvkjf

I'd suit up Campanaro today....just tell him to find the dead spots.

We may see Joe run a little more too.

Here's a Billickism....

I'd suit up Campanaro today....just tell him to find the dead spots.

We may see Joe run a little more too.

They had Billick on ESPN radio after he made his Joe is better Brady comment, love his attitude, and as billick stated, stats don't lie..

I foudn it very interesting yesterday when Adam said Smith Sr was courted by the Pats, Eldleman by the Ravens. Both players had interviews set up with the other team the following day of their meeting with each team. But the Ravens didn't let Smith Sr walk out the door, so Eldelman had to stay with the Pats.

That is the second receiver to pick the Ravens over the Pats, Mason being the first. Now, I will not say Joe is better than Tom, Tom is one of the best ever, Joe has a ways to go to reach that level, imo.

I know Mason chose here because of his wife, she didn't want to live in Boston, in NE. I wonder why Smith chose Baltimore over NE?

same gameplay as Pissburgh...

Establish the run in the first half as long as they know we can run in them they have to

Play it honest.

Then use our TE's in the short routes including juice in his wheel route to pull up Chung and Revis...

Then go deep with S Smith Sr and Torrey and I look for Marlon Brown or Aiken in this one as a dark horse to catch a TD.