ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Walking Dead: O's style

So the O's trade Tommy Hunter to the Cubs for AAA OF Junior Lake. I'm not sure if the O's see something in Lake and think he can contribute or if this is purely a salary dump/organizational move. I think the real value is the O's freeing up roster spots cutting the fat with trading Hunter and DFA'ing Snider and Norris, and giving a chance to stud prospect reliever prospect Mychal Givens.

As much as the O's got better today, they were helped out even more that the Yanks did not get Kimbrel from the Padres, or any other impact player for that matter.

Heard Lake was once described as having unreal talent but the inability to harness it. Sounds like a potential classic late bloomer. He's still only 25, having a good season at AAA... Who knows

Heard Lake was once described as having unreal talent but the inability to harness it. Sounds like a potential classic late bloomer. He's still only 25, having a good season at AAA... Who knows

I'm hearing Felix Pie being thrown around as a close comparison lol.

@Orioles: The Orioles have recalled OF Junior Lake from Triple-A Norfolk and designated OF Travis Snider for assignment.

@KenWeinmanSport: De Aza, Cabrera, Wright, Young, Norris & Snider= $22.2 million wasted. I can't remember any team DFAing so many "key parts" yikes #Orioles

@KenWeinmanSport: Travis Snider DFA'd. I'm going out on a limb and saying we'll have a new executive of the year in #MLB this season #Orioles

Who said Angelos doesn't spend? He threw $22.2M down the drain this year!

On the flip side, Lake is having a great year. A slash line of .316/.411/.464/.875 in AAA this year across both the Cubs and O's organizations. His walks are up this year, 34 in 62 games, only 54 SO (including four walks in four games at Norfolk). The Cubs hired Manny Ramirez as a hitting consultant in their organization and I've read Lake has taken well to Manny's instruction. I'm excited to see what he can do!

Tough loss last night. Both Guasman and Heaney were top ten picks in the 2012 MLB Draft and both guys had rough outings. Schoop is on a tear, great to see him hitting well. Have to win tonight to give us a chance to win this series. Need to get wins while the Jays and Yanks take each other out over the next week.

Norris news is old... Must've missed it before, crav.

He could be back next year, but not with the roster spot and money these last few months. He'll get a contract for the next two months though...