ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Walking Dead: O's style

Well, after a DFA you have yen days to trade or have them picked up by waivers. If that doesn't happen, the default is a straight release. So, in a sense, just the logical follow through... But yes, officially not with the organization as of today perhaps

Well, after a DFA you have yen days to trade or have them picked up by waivers. If that doesn't happen, the default is a straight release. So, in a sense, just the logical follow through... But yes, officially not with the organization as of today perhaps

Yeah it's weird. I just heard it announced as news a couple places today.

Nice win tonight. Great job by Ubaldo. He was starting to worry me.

Love the baserunning by Wieters.

Yeah it's weird. I just heard it announced as news a couple places today.

Nice win tonight. Great job by Ubaldo. He was starting to worry me.

Love the baserunning by Wieters.

How about the baserunning by Schoop? Completely slid over the top of the plate!

Great pitching performance by Ubaldo. The Jays look scary...

I'm (definitely am) scared of the Jays with their additions...

Meanwhile, can't believe Buck walked two just to get the lefty match up, which failed. Sigh.

Well, IMO you walk Trout no matter what. The Pujols walk was questionable. Saw this tweet:

@luke_jackson10: You know who would've been a nice matchup for Trout and Pujols there? Mychal Givens.

I'm sure not pulling Matusz was as much about saving arms, especially in the road trip. End of series. Extra innings.

But I'm more questioning the double walk. Bases loaded and any hit is an automatic run. First and second not only leaves you with force outs and the walk if the at bat goes bad, but also with a chance that a single doesn't score... Sigh

@danconnollysun: Buck liked what he saw of 1B Trey Mancini yesterday at Bowie. The Notre Dame product could be O's player of year in minors

@OriolesHangout: Buck went to the Baysox game on his off-day and saw Mancini go 3 for 4 with a homer.

Mancini continues to tear it up at Bowie! Slash line of .361/.394/.577/.971. 21 doubles, 9 HR in 62 games at Bowie. Lake, Paredes and Reimold aren't cutting it. Promote Mancini and give him a chance. He can rotate between first base and DH, Davis can play RF on some days. Joseph can also DH when Wieters plays catcher. Time for us play our hottest hitters.

@danconnollysun: Buck liked what he saw of 1B Trey Mancini yesterday at Bowie. The Notre Dame product could be O's player of year in minors

@OriolesHangout: Buck went to the Baysox game on his off-day and saw Mancini go 3 for 4 with a homer.

Mancini continues to tear it up at Bowie! Slash line of .361/.394/.577/.971. 21 doubles, 9 HR in 62 games at Bowie. Lake, Paredes and Reimold aren't cutting it. Promote Mancini and give him a chance. He can rotate between first base and DH, Davis can play RF on some days. Joseph can also DH when Wieters plays catcher. Time for us play our hottest hitters.

I don't know how Flaherty is still on the team. 29 years old and has been here for 4 relatively consistently poor seasons.

I don't know how Flaherty is still on the team. 29 years old and has been here for 4 relatively consistently poor seasons.

He's on the team because he can play all four of the infield positions. But yes, I agree, maybe we should look into signing a backup shortstop next offseason.

I want Flaherty to be good. He has the look of a baseball player: athletic build, high baseball IQ, and solid fundamentals. He's not flashy, and does not excel in one area, but does everything relatively well. However, when Flaherty slumps, he SLUMPS. When he plays well he's a good ball player, so there has always been hope that he could minimize the slumps and be more consistent. That hasn't been the case, unfortunately.

He's on the team because he can play all four of the infield positions. But yes, I agree, maybe we should look into signing a backup shortstop next offseason.

I want Flaherty to be good. He has the look of a baseball player: athletic build, high baseball IQ, and solid fundamentals. He's not flashy, and does not excel in one area, but does everything relatively well. However, when Flaherty slumps, he SLUMPS. When he plays well he's a good ball player, so there has always been hope that he could minimize the slumps and be more consistent. That hasn't been the case, unfortunately.

Yeah I know his position versatility is why he is on the team but I really don't think his bat is good enough for that. I also think he plays far too much.

Yeah I know his position versatility is why he is on the team but I really don't think his bat is good enough for that. I also think he plays far too much.

I agree. I'm not sure we have anything better in the minors though. We had Everth Cabrera earlier in the year and he was worse than Flaherty. Unfortunately, J.J. Hardy has been just as bad offensively. I'm starting to worry if J.J. will ever return to form.

I'm hoping, of the three, we resign Davis. Weiters is expendable.

Chen...not so sure yet...

Davis and Parra are must re-signs in my opinion. I'm undecided on Chen, but I wonder if he's still bitter about how we handled his injury assignment to Frederick earlier in the year. Boras is his agent as well.

I think we'll go hard after Parra for his defense. The defensive failings in the OF have hurt this year, as much as the lame bats.

Davis now has 15hr in 23 games. Wow.

He'll be expensive, but the question is simple: how likely are we to find 30-40++ hr power on the market or elsewhere? The leaderboards each year showe clearly that you don't find many...

Davis and Parra are must re-signs in my opinion. I'm undecided on Chen, but I wonder if he's still bitter about how we handled his injury assignment to Frederick earlier in the year. Boras is his agent as well.

Agreed Cleerz. We've got to have a corps and Davis, Para as well as AJ, Schoop and Machado are a good bunch to build around.

Starting pitching' is a tough nut to crack. With no legit #1 guy (possible exception Tilly), we need to find, groom and or sign legit SP. or two.

Chen has to be a resign. Pitching options are so limited and his numbers have been so consistent and getting better. Wish he could work further into games, but plenty of teams are winning in the solid bullpen model these days. Can't give you very good just to maybe have a chance at something better...