ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Walking Dead: O's style

The Travis Snider experiment needs to end.

I agree. If there's one place Duquette really gets me is in his failure to admit when the bargain play doesn't pan out. At this point, cutting Snider or selling him at super low value had virtually no down side... The question might be who do we field in his stead, but I'm being we can find a body that will stake out a corner of spot and put up his numbers.

Lough getting more starts on the regular... Not opposed for now, but we still also need Reimold and Paredes to level out a bit

I agree. If there's one place Duquette really gets me is in his failure to admit when the bargain play doesn't pan out. At this point, cutting Snider or selling him at super low value had virtually no down side... The question might be who do we field in his stead, but I'm being we can find a body that will stake out a corner of spot and put up his numbers.

Lough getting more starts on the regular... Not opposed for now, but we still also need Reimold and Paredes to level out a bit

Absolutely agree. I am glad to see Lough and Reimold are getting regular PT. I think both guys could be steady performers for us if they got into a consistent routine. I also wouldn't be opposed to re-acquiring LJ Hoes and giving him a chance to play everyday.

Fun facts:

Five straight wins.

Including tonight, which was a gem, Tillman had allowed just five runs in his last five starts. And while the numbers are amazing, most amazing is that his peripherals (babip) show that it's not just dumb luck. Despite a short for inning outing (2er) two weeks back, he's been great.

I love seeing Reimold get starts in LF. I've always been a big fan of his. He is a very smooth athlete and has a balanced plate approach. Whenever he's been healthy and gotten consistent at bats he's produced.

I wonder when Dariel Alvarez in AAA will get called up to get a shot at playing RF? He has been on a tear since winning the International League HR derby and his overall season numbers are solid. He doesn't get on base at a high clip, but he doesn't strike out at an alarming rate either and has good power (kind of similar to Schoop it seems). Alvarez is also said to have the best outfield arm in the entire Orioles organization.

I never trust our farm system. Can never tell if guys are just being brought along slowly or if they know something we don't... I tend to think the latter.

Meanwhile, Jays get Price too. Now they are getting serious... But their arms can only win them one in five. But their bats can win a lot...

DC, Agree with your farm remarks. Its too bad the Os didn't snag or pursue Price or anyone significant for that matter.

Of course, the FO never (or hardly ever) does make a splash. Last year's signing of Andrew Miller was a helluva aberration for the FO.

Looks like we're playing with the hand that we were dealt. Go get em Buck ! .

I never trust our farm system. Can never tell if guys are just being brought along slowly or if they know something we don't... I tend to think the latter.

Believe me I completely agree. Which is why I would rather them give a chance to Alvarez, who is a 26-year old international free agent from Cuba, who has less exposure to our farm system :D

DC, Agree with your farm remarks. Its too bad the Os didn't snag or pursue Price or anyone significant for that matter.

Of course, the FO never (or hardly ever) does make a splash. Last year's signing of Andrew Miller was a helluva aberration for the FO.

Looks like we're playing with the hand that we were dealt. Go get em Buck ! .

Do I wish we got someone? Sure.

But two things we all know:

1. We don't have the farm pieces to land these guys. Our best pieces are injured and we shouldn't move them anyway. We could have become sellers and moved Davis and Wieters, but you don't land a big piece for right now (like Price) for a rental.

2. In the end, the Jays are likely losers in both moves longer run. If rather hold our pieces. Maybe it wins then the Series... I doubt it. But they get Price for two months before he's owed a huge pay day. Tulo is owed a ton already. Maybe he's worth his contract, but likely but with his injury history. So they are weighed down with that when it comes time to reload on a guy like Price or Donaldson or anyone...

Random thing I looked up: Jays salaries... http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2015-payroll-salaries.shtml

Two thoughts:

1. Not as bad as I thought right now. 126m.

2. They only have two players fully signed for next year: Tulo at $20m and Russell Martin at $15m. Martin is a total ripoff.

But aside from that, many guys are at end contract with steep options... And many are under control for arbitration... But so many open ends.

Donaldson may well break the arbitration record. But the likes of Price and others will walk or cost a fortune. Not sure what that team will look like next year.

Honestly if I was in the front office I don't think I make a move this year. Unless of course you can move players you don't want for the future in exchange for upgrades. I don't think they are out of it, far from it, but I don't think they are one or two pieces away either.

I'll be there Saturday to cheer them on and to sign autographs.

Hearing now they are looking at Parra and Revere. Not a Revere fan, but he's under team control for 2-3 more years and a good leadoff guy we desperately need. I like Parra and he's having a great year, but will be a free agent, I think. Not sure we will be willing to pay for him as a rental...

@Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #Orioles talking about getting both #Brewers Parra and #Phillies Revere and sending reliever Tommy Hunter to #Cubs.

Orioles looking to shore up LF and RF it seems. Both guys are young. Parra is having an incredible year, but is a free agent at the end of the year. Parra also never has had a year like he's having, so we would be taking a risk of his production falling off. Revere is a true lead off guy with speed, and plays great defense. He is under control for a couple of years. Both Revere and Parra can hit lead off. Maybe Revere would hit lead off and Parra second. If we are going for it all, these two guys would be good additions.

Parra had never sustained for a year, but he's always had this level in spurts... He's also never had the power, but like Revere his averaged have always been OK.

I like the Parra move. Curious the cubs want another O's pitcher. Wonder who we want...

Parra had never sustained for a year, but he's always had this level in spurts... He's also never had the power, but like Revere his averaged have always been OK.

I like the Parra move. Curious the cubs want another O's pitcher. Wonder who we want...

Parra is also in the middle of a hitting tear:

@masnSteve: Mentioned last night, Parra's bat is sizzling recently. In 24 games in July, is batting .435/4/10 with 1.212 OPS. Has 14-gm hit streak.

This definitely represents an upgrade:

@danconnollysun: BTW: Parra's slash thru 100 games:.328/.369/.517. Os LFs thru 101 games: .210/.283/.330. They've used 6 guys in LF. 29th of 30 in LF average

Maybe we could give Parra the money we were offering to Kakis last offseason. If we get Revere too the top of our order suddenly becomes very good.

1. Revere

2. Parra

3. Manny

4. AJ

5. Crush

Yeah, the more I think about Revere, he'd be a legit lead off guy and speedy... Defense is OK, not great... But getting Machado to the 2-spot (or three with Parra on 2) would be very nice.

Olney just tweeted that Cespedes is still in our sights too.. Can't see that happening but not opposed.

Id be pleased with Revere and Parra and that new top of the order...