ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Walking Dead: O's style

The wild pitches have had me smiling this series. McCann might be able to hit but he can't catch anymore. Neither could Russell Martin.

And oh man is Carlos Beltran a mess. See that their on the Machado double? He bounced it ten feet in front of the cut off... The throw didn't make it 50ft. Then a few plays later he couldn't manage a cut off on a ball and let it to the wall. Then the Lough hr which should have been caught (and someone please shut up Eric Karros - how did no one in the booth know the ground rules about that hr wall vs fence?)

The goof made it sound like he thought the whole top of that wall (groundskeepers area?) was in in play. Least that's what it sounded like to me.

You know, for ask the talk about a weak AL East... There only one division in baseball with four teams over 500 right now.

No one is running away... But maybe that's because they're all pretty decent and beating up on each other.

I still think the Yanks will fade far... Their bars are fake and arms even worse. Don't think the youth of the Rays can keep up. Jays are legit but I still think pitching will be their weakness asking with the injury/slump trends of Batista, Encarnacion and Davidson... O's have as good a shot as anyone and so much depth in the minors.

My question: how long until Pearce gets the ax?

Here's really only staying on in part out of loyalty and in part because he has played some second this season. We really have no legit backup for Hardy and Flahrety right now... But with Young and Reimold, there's no space for him in the outfield. Question is, do we want a real utility player or a back up for Davis, which could be in the form of Parmelee or Walker?

Parmelee is in the Orioles line up tonight... Still not sure who's going down or out to make that happen, maybe a DL move unexpectedly. O's had until today to call him up or he could walk, so I guess they are trying him out.

Gotta be Pearce or Young if someone is going... I would bet on Pearce, but that is the infield in a tight spot for a bit.

Follow up: Rochs bet is that they will option Wright down... But that only solved the problem for a week as we'll be down a pitcher.

In the end, someone in the offense is getting cut... Maybe it will be Parmelee after this week try out.

Continuing this conversation with myself... they optioned Chen (!?!).

Roch's justification is that the Jays demolish lefties, so skipping his start in Toronto this weekend is maybe a good move... and it allows them to "test drive " Parmelee for ten days before bringing Chen back up for his subsequent start.

Still strikes me as odd. But I guess worth taking advantage of every minor league option we have on some guys. In the end, we need some pop from our outfield bats and some support in the middle infield...

Continuing this conversation with myself... they optioned Chen (!?!).

Roch's justification is that the Jays demolish lefties, so skipping his start in Toronto this weekend is maybe a good move... and it allows them to "test drive " Parmelee for ten days before bringing Chen back up for his subsequent start.

Still strikes me as odd. But I guess worth taking advantage of every minor league option we have on some guys. In the end, we need some pop from our outfield bats and some support in the middle infield...

I'd comment more during the day but my work network doesn't like this site and throws up a warning when I come here.

Another two HRs for Machado... Esta en fuego! He's really becoming a franchise player for us.

Parmelee is 2-2 with a HR. The guy was once a top prospect and was raking at AAA. If Parmelee has a good week it will be hard to option him back given we have not gotten much production out of our corner outfielders.

I was joking about posting with myself, not annoyed with you all. :) I never post at work, but summer time!!!

Parmelee ... Yeah, I'd take this inning over Pearce and Young...

Don't have MASN, but I enjoy the radio broadcasts so much more...may invest in the internet mlb package

Same here, I listen to the radio broadcast on the MLB At Bat app at home and 105.7 The Fan when I'm in the car. The TV package online is subject to blackout.

I really like listening to games on the radio, always have. I like the TV broadcast team of Thorne & Bordick a lot too. Any other tandem combination is average at best to me.

I hope Chen doesn't get too much grief for voicing his displeasure. I agree with him.

I like Mike Bordick - but not as an announcer. I'm about to say/post this and you'll never be able to not hear it when he broadcasts: he reads every graphic they put up, word for word, without fail, no matter how mundane or simply irrelevant some of the numbers are.

It's infuriatingly simple. Someone tell him to stop.

I love Palmer. Can't handle Thorne.