ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

King knows this Game

vmax

Peter King knows football.

He's right....

To his credit, King prefaced his first ranking of the new NFL calendar by calling it the “silly season.” Here’s what he said about selecting the Ravens as his No. 1 team:

“Why? I trust John Harbaugh to find answers in a league devoid of truly great teams. I trust the running game to take pressure off Joe Flacco until he develops chemistry with new receivers, and I trust Dean Pees to replace Haloti Ngata with a combination platter of front-seven changeups. This is a battle-tested team that had two 14-point playoff leads in Foxboro in January. I just think the Ravens will find a way.”

(Here’s how King ranks the other AFC North teams: Pittsburgh at 8, Cincy at 12 and the Browns at 27.)

I like Joe Flacco’s reaction to these high rankings: “The biggest thing is we’ve got a really confident group, so we just welcome anything. It’s ‘OK, yeah. We’re going to be good.’”

Cool Joe. You gotta love his “shrug-of-the-shoulders” perspective. http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Byrne-Identity-Ravens-No-1-–-Does-It-Mean-Anything/22e13784-f763-47b0-a042-03fbdac05246

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/06/01/nfl-power-rankings-peter-king-daughter-wedding/

Joe_620_020313.jpg

This is possibly the best put together Raven team that I have seen since 1999. As I told Crave- we are going to the next superbowl with these guys and coaches. 12-4. and playoffs go through Baltimore this January.

This is possibly the best put together Raven team that I have seen since 1999. As I told Crave- we are going to the next superbowl with these guys and coaches. 12-4. and playoffs go through Baltimore this January.

Agreed. Now they have to stay healthy and on the field like that team.

Health and good fortune can go a long, long way. Meanwhile, the secondary and receiving corps look strong on paper but are unproven on the field and the team's weakest links.

If both these units produce, well then...... as Brian Billick once said; there could be something special going on here.