ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens want Division Title

vmax

Nice article....

As good as Flacco and the Ravens have been in the playoffs and in qualifying for the postseason with six playoff berths in coach John Harbaugh's seven seasons, division titles have eluded them in recent years.

Their last AFC North title came in 2012, their Super Bowl-winning season. And they've finished third in the AFC North in each of the past two years, but advanced to the AFC divisional round last season, losing 35-31 to the eventual Super Bowl-champion New England Patriots after squandering a two-touchdown lead.

As the Ravens start their camp, they do so with a desire to build a smoother path through the playoffs by winning a division title to earn at least one home playoff game. Their bigger goal is earning home-field advantage throughout the playoffs with the top record in the AFC.

"Yes, we want home playoff games," Harbaugh said. "We definitely [want] multiple home playoff games. That's what we're looking for, and it doesn't matter what division we're playing against, outside the division or whatever. If we win more games than anybody else, we'll get them all at home. That's the goal."http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/bs-sp-ravens-begin-training-camp-0731-20150730-story.html

Their sights are set on the easiest path to the Super Bowl.

It won't be easy in a very strong division with a hard schedule but the climb up the mountain should be great fun.

Absolutely. Ravens have, what, second best ratio of win/losses at home in the NFL. The Bank is an intimidating place to play, especially in a playoff venue. Locking up this division is crucial this year and they have the talent level to do that and much more.

Well, we discussed this in the other thread.

Ravens have only 1 easy team in the first 5 games - OAK - and someone argued they

werent so easy anymore but they still have the worse defense in the leauge while ours

was 6th best and our offense was 12th best. With Trestman's offense having scored the

most points in NFL last year it will be a top 10 O with a top 10 D.

Cleveland will always be a tough out as they are improving. We're having trouble

beating the Bengals lateley and there's always the Squeelers whom we beat 2 of 3 games

last year including the wild card game up there for an historic win with a lineup deleted of

its best players on defense and on the o-line where they had to start an undrafted rookie

LT, another historic move.

Peter King said in the article I posted on the other thread that Ravens will have to win 5 of 7

of their first 7 games for the AFCN.

It's one of the toughest schedule in NFL starting in Denver another tough playoff team.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/gameday/season-schedule.html

Here's the schedule and we could be 5-2 after 7 weeks.

We start off vs Denver. I dunno.

OAK is week 2. That should be a win.

then it's

Bengals

Squeelers at Piss

Browns

We should beat Arizona

Rams

Jags.

SF

That's 6 wins vs Oak, Ariz, Jags, Rams, SF plus Browns. We really need to split

with Piss which we usually do and with Cinci for the division title for 8 wins.

We also play Miami and usually beat them for 9 wins.

We play Seahawks. That's a loss.

We play KC .That should be win # 10 and the POs.

We play SD and that game is always tough. We lost last game there.

We need an 11th win for the division title so we may have to beat Cleve twice.

Not sure.

Criticisms, thoughts?????

I still have us down for 10 or 11 wins, same as I said last year and the POs but

not necessarily the div title.

Ravens often play down to the opponent so it's possible to lose to one of the

bad teams if they don't show up like last year in Houston. I would have been pissed

spending all that money to go to the game and the fans want the win more than the

team. Happens every year and it keeps us from getting the home field advantage

in the POs.

Here's the schedule and we could be 5-2 after 7 weeks.

We start off vs Denver. I dunno.

OAK is week 2. That should be a win.

then it's

Bengals

Squeelers at Piss

Browns

We should beat Arizona

Rams

Jags.

SF

That's 6 wins vs Oak, Ariz, Jags, Rams, SF plus Browns. We really need to split

with Piss which we usually do and with Cinci for the division title for 8 wins.

We also play Miami and usually beat them for 9 wins.

We play Seahawks. That's a loss.

We play KC .That should be win # 10 and the POs.

We play SD and that game is always tough. We lost last game there.

We need an 11th win for the division title so we may have to beat Cleve twice.

Not sure.

Criticisms, thoughts?????

If the game against Seattle was a one o clock game I'd thrown that in the win column but its the Sunday night game so its a toss up. I still feel week 1 is a loss for us, I don't expect another miracle and Pay-Pay is a great regular season qb.

I've predicted the Ravens in the superbowl, but that doesn't mean by having a 12-4 or better record. I'm guessing 11-5 and off to the playoffs.

Denver? I think it's a loss. Sorry, but we are slow out of the gate, while Broncs are fast. Peyton will be fresh and strong, and injury free. Remember the last opening game at Denver? Embarrassing. Not that this will be, but I just don't see a win. Playoff game vs. Denver- much different story, especially if the game is at the Bank. I see a 4-3 mark after 7 games and then we kick arse the rest of the way for a 11-5 AFCN winner. Then, dancing in the streets of south Baltimore.

I won't argue about the Ravens slow starts to the season. The Bengals jacked them up opening day last year and then Denver crushed them the year before.

Nevertheless, I feel confident about a Ravens win in Denver opening day.

The first 7 weeks? That's tough.

I don't feel confident about 5-2 record. 4-3? Yea.

169406065.jpg

I can see us starting 5-2, Shittsburg has no defense, bungles coach and qb are both on the hot seats not worried about them at all

I really think this focus on a Division title will carry the Ravens over the Stealers and Bungles.

KEEPCALMfront_1024x1024.jpg?v=1376592359