ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Is It Really This Bad?

vmax

Exactly, I'm 54 and the Bush administration totally wiped out our 401, a few years ago, I'm doing my part as prevent another Bush getting in office, and Hillary is a joke.

I lost $40,000 cash in 2 days but left it in and got most of it back. OBY gets the credit for turning things around but the line had no where to go but

up but W royally screwed things letting the controls off the banks so they could do their dirty deeds. Then they get their buyouts from 2

presidents and paid it all back within a year but didn't lend any of it to the consumers to buy homes as stipulated in the buyout agreement.

1 million Americans lost their homes.

The GOP is all but dead when they have Kadisch-sp to run and Rubio cant win his home state and lost to Trump.

I don't like Trump at all. He's a blow hard and full of bull shit but Americans are buying into him because they're scared.

They're scared their culture is changing and they're losing their country. Trump is winning because he's talking on immigration and Free Trade

Carrier Air Condition just announced they are moving their pants to Mexico as a result of NFTA. Over 1M jobs have gone down there from the US since it was signed but it has improved the economy and made it strong, W extended it with CAFTA to Central America and that made it stronger.

These trade agreements are happening all over the world with over 20 African states doing the same and elsewhere.

Americans don't like losing their jobs to other countries and having millions trying to come in and saying illegal. They're for it being done legally, Last summer thousands of immigrants were brought in and spread around to different communities upsetting those communities.

Americans are pissed and Trump is winning as he speaks to them but he damn near started a riot saying there will be riots if he isn't the nominee with the most votes.

He needs like 1100 delegates or something like that to get the Party's nomination but Cruz and Rubio now hold the ones they

had in wining their primaries. It's like about 300 between them and they could give them to Kadisch who won the Ohio primary

and that could cause a brokered convention which both parties have had way back when. It's not pretty so watch out.

Trump has always been an attention whore and that's why he's running. he doesn't even need the machine's money to

run. He said I don't need Super Pac money, I have my own.

He's worth about $11B last time I checked.

Gotta give it to him, he's making the race comical and interesting. Hlly was the show-in to win. They were neck to neck at

Christmas. She's about 5 pts ahead now or was but wait til the summer campaigns.

As for me I'm registered as independent and voted Libertarian after I lost my money. Gop hasn't done well because they

keep putting up liberals disguised as conservatives but the conservatives are buying and don't vote - especially the

Christians. They're showing up and voting for Trump. If they do, he will win. When OBY won, Frank Graham said that

Christians have only themselves to blame for OBUMMER CARE. That's because they didn't vote.

I GOT 56M VOTES. 50M WERE FOR SARAH PALIN. JOHN MC CAIN

I lost $40,000 cash in 2 days but left it in and got most of it back. OBY gets the credit for turning things around but the line had no where to go but

up but W royally screwed things letting the controls off the banks so they could do their dirty deeds. Then they get their buyouts from 2

presidents and paid it all back within a year but didn't lend any of it to the consumers to buy homes as stipulated in the buyout agreement.

The GOP is all but dead when they have Kadisch-sp to run and Rubio cant win his home state and lost to Trump.

Exactly why we chose to move to Florida. I was so aggravated with the economy, I did not take a loss on my home up north but I didn't get top dollar either. And 4 years ago this part of Central Florida looked like a freekin war zone with all the vacant and boarded up houses. We got a steal on our current home 3 br, huge family room,pool, screen room for 90k

Your one of the few that recouped your loss, hats off to you. We invested aggressively and did not.

All I know is these past 10 years have been a nightmare and we finally seeing a little light at the end.

Regardless of who is our next president, I'm more cautious with our investing.

Edited by cravnravn

Exactly why we chose to move to Florida. I was so aggravated with the economy, I did not take a loss on my home up north but I didn't get top dollar either. And 4 years ago this part of Central Florida looked like a freekin war zone with all the vacant and boarded up houses. We got a steal on our current home 3 br, huge family room,pool, screen room for 90k

Your one of the few that recouped your loss, hats off to you. We invested aggressively and did not.

All I know is these past 10 years have been a nightmare and we finally seeing a little light at the end.

Regardless of who is our next president, I'm more cautious with our investing.

Hope things continue to look better for you. No matter how cautious you were before, if you were getting a decent return on your money back then you probably took a beating. The closer you get to retirement the more cautious one needs to be.

Luckily/unluckily (lol) I had many years left before retirement to make up what I lost.

She wins the electoral map pretty easily.

I really am not sure about that.

I'm wondering if it's too late to enter the race. All of the candidates have bad ideas. I have terrific ideas and I will do terrific things. Isn't it time to make America terrific again?

You can go get the signatures for the GE right now.

Don't let Reagan and Clinton off the hook for letting the banks run wild.

I don't like Trump at all. He's a blow hard and full of bull shit but Americans are buying into him because they're scared.

They're scared their culture is changing and they're losing their country. Trump is winning because he's talking on immigration and Free Trade

Carrier Air Condition just announced they are moving their pants to Mexico as a result of NFTA. Over 1M jobs have gone down there from the US since it was signed but it has improved the economy and made it strong, W extended it with CAFTA to Central America and that made it stronger.

These trade agreements are happening all over the world with over 20 African states doing the same and elsewhere.

Americans don't like losing their jobs to other countries and having millions trying to come in and saying illegal. They're for it being done legally, Last summer thousands of immigrants were brought in and spread around to different communities upsetting those communities.

Americans are pissed and Trump is winning as he speaks to them but he damn near started a riot saying there will be riots if he isn't the nominee with the most votes.

He needs like 1100 delegates or something like that to get the Party's nomination but Cruz and Rubio now hold the ones they

had in wining their primaries. It's like about 300 between them and they could give them to Kadisch who won the Ohio primary

and that could cause a brokered convention which both parties have had way back when. It's not pretty so watch out.

Trump has always been an attention whore and that's why he's running. he doesn't even need the machine's money to

run. He said I don't need Super Pac money, I have my own.

He's worth about $11B last time I checked.

Gotta give it to him, he's making the race comical and interesting. Hlly was the show-in to win. They were neck to neck at

Christmas. She's about 5 pts ahead now or was but wait til the summer campaigns.

As for me I'm registered as independent and voted Libertarian after I lost my money. Gop hasn't done well because they

keep putting up liberals disguised as conservatives but the conservatives are buying and don't vote - especially the

Christians. They're showing up and voting for Trump. If they do, he will win. When OBY won, Frank Graham said that

Christians have only themselves to blame for OBUMMER CARE. That's because they didn't vote.

I GOT 56M VOTES. 50M WERE FOR SARAH PALIN. JOHN MC CAIN

Hope things continue to look better for you. No matter how cautious you were before, if you were getting a decent return on your money back then you probably took a beating. The closer you get to retirement the more cautious one needs to be.

Luckily/unluckily (lol) I had many years left before retirement to make up what I lost.

We were getting real nice returns back before 06.

Oh it worked out, I did retire but got bored 6 months into it, so I went to work part time down here as did the Mrs, unfortunately they turned my job into a full time position. I don't mind it's an easy job and it keeps me out of trouble

YOure right Smurf. Gotta spread the blame to all culpable. The housing bust was helped along with Clinton's dream of everyone owning a home and

gov't lending agencies like Frannies and Acorn didn't do background checks on consumers and that spread even to the banks. So people who couldn't

afford a home suddenly found one and people that had them upgraded from $500G homes to $800Gs or more.

Then the bust hit and people just walked out of those homes because they couldn't pay for them. A guy

across the street did that. He was laid off and just walked out of his house. Left all his furniture, lawn more

and everything. An agency bought the house from the bank and it took 3 days of hauling everything out of

it all day long. He fixed it up and sold it.

Back to W and to his credit, he tried to put the controls back on because he realized the errors of his ways or someone pointed them

out to him but congress wouldn't pass the legislation. DEMs controlled Congress after the mid terms and knew that was the fastest

way back into the WH.

We were getting real nice returns back before 06.

Oh it worked out, I did retire but got bored 6 months into it, so I went to work part time down here as did the Mrs, unfortunately they turned my job into a full time position. I don't mind it's an easy job and it keeps me out of trouble

Same here Crave. I was getting 18% for several years when it fell. A guy was offering me 7% before that. The Credit Union was offering me 3%.

I wouldn't have lost anything had I left it the credit union which paid out at 2% at the time Right now they're getting 0.5% - 0.75%.

Bisciotti was told he'd get more on his Ravens investment buying federal reserve bonds which were paying

out 5% at the time but went down to $1 or lower.

Today his Ravens are worth over $1B. He paid $600M for them. Art Model paid $4M in 1963 so he wasn't

such a bad business man after all.

I looked up Ws net worth and he has $35M. He used to own the Texas Rangers when he was young and traded Sammy Sosa-lol.

O BAMA is worth $12M. I had no idea. He always sounded like he was poor-lol. He did buy the house used in the

Magnum PI TV show, the one that Higgins slept in while Magnum stayed in the guest house. An old couple sold it to him.

Cheney is worth $90M. Thought he was worth more.

Clinton is worth $80M. That surprised me because Hilly complained how broke they were when he left office because

they had to pay for Chelsea's college education. He gets over $100Gs pr speeech.

Same here Crave. I was getting 18% for several years when it fell. A guy was offering me 7% before that. The Credit Union was offering me 3%.

I wouldn't have lost anything had I left it the credit union which paid out at 2% at the time Right now they're getting 0.5% - 0.75%.

Bisciotti was told he'd get more on his Ravens investment buying federal reserve bonds which were paying

out 5% at the time but went down to $1 or lower.

Today his Ravens are worth over $1B. He paid $600M for them. Art Model paid $4M in 1963 so he wasn't

such a bad business man after all.

I'm just fortunate that my pension covers a major part of my bills.

This just happened to me yesterday afternoon. 3 weeks ago we took a home improvement loan through the credit union, we are having our pool totally gutted and resurfaced and retiled.

So yesterday I get home from work at 4 settle in to watch the Terps game, nice and comfortable after a hot day at work, at the half, I tell the Mrs it feels warm in the hohot, I check the thermostat, its at 80, I drop the wtf bomb head outside to check the a/c unit.. It is screaming, the fan is not spinning and the unit is piping hot. The fan motor has fried. I swear it was the next project on my to do list. Not it is thrown to the front, I have to check if what I signed from the pool company is a binding contract, because I sure in the hell ain't going through a week down here without A/C.

Hard to do, but always gotta keep that little emergency reserve aside for true emergencies. We've learned that lesson a few times now and it's still hard to say, "no, that's not what this dollar is for!"

BTW crav, how old were you when you retired? Jealous. Though, I'd have decades to go no matter what you answer...

I'm just fortunate that my pension covers a major part of my bills.

This just happened to me yesterday afternoon. 3 weeks ago we took a home improvement loan through the credit union, we are having our pool totally gutted and resurfaced and retiled.

So yesterday I get home from work at 4 settle in to watch the Terps game, nice and comfortable after a hot day at work, at the half, I tell the Mrs it feels warm in the hohot, I check the thermostat, its at 80, I drop the wtf bomb head outside to check the a/c unit.. It is screaming, the fan is not spinning and the unit is piping hot. The fan motor has fried. I swear it was the next project on my to do list. Not it is thrown to the front, I have to check if what I signed from the pool company is a binding contract, because I sure in the hell ain't going through a week down here without A/C.

Yea, I know guys that had to work til they were old enough for medi care and soc sec becaue they don't get medical

benefits. I worked for APG so the gov't gives great benefits and most employees don't even know it. I took a $300 cut

in take home pay when I retired at 57 but then the colas kicked in and got it all back in three years. Now I'm making

more than when I was working with soc sec. They even gave me a buyout of $25,000 to leave and I got another $5,000

for leave. I got 75% of my salary to boot and had a part time job 3 days pr week delivering items for Fast Response til

I was injured. I was paying $84 pr mo for Aetna with no deductables and now I'm paying $111 for medicare and $140 pr mo for Aetna with deductables but I got a new bi pap machine that costs $4,000 and paid nothing for it. The sleep study for the machine costs $1200. If you don't have Aetna or another supplement, medicare pays only 80%. You pay the rest.

I looked up Ws net worth and he has $35M. He used to own the Texas Rangers when he was young and traded Sammy Sosa-lol.

O BAMA is worth $12M. I had no idea. He always sounded like he was poor-lol. He did buy the house used in the

Magnum PI TV show, the one that Higgins slept in while Magnum stayed in the guest house. An old couple sold it to him.

Cheney is worth $90M. Thought he was worth more.

Clinton is worth $80M. That surprised me because Hilly complained how broke they were when he left office because

they had to pay for Chelsea's college education. He gets over $100Gs pr speeech.

The Clinton's have made 150 mil since leaving the WH 15 yrs ago. True they were cash poor leaving but that was over really fast. Most have written best selling books and have worked the speech circuit. I have a feeling that the Clinton foundation has been used for less than noble reasons also.

Obama has written multiple best sellers. In a year he will get very rich.

The Clinton's have made 150 mil since leaving the WH 15 yrs ago. True they were cash poor leaving but that was over really fast. Most have written best selling books and have worked the speech circuit. I have a feeling that the Clinton foundation has been used for less than noble reasons also.

Obama has written multiple best sellers. In a year he will get very rich.

Same with Rubio, he will go from "poor" to rich in a year after leaving the Senate (a job he has said he hates btw). And Rubio didn't even make it to the White House! Probably for the better if he hated the Senate he'd sure to hate the White House.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/06/10/us/politics/marco-rubio-finances-debt-loans-credit.html?referer=&_r=0

Hard to do, but always gotta keep that little emergency reserve aside for true emergencies. We've learned that lesson a few times now and it's still hard to say, "no, that's not what this dollar is for!"

BTW crav, how old were you when you retired? Jealous. Though, I'd have decades to go no matter what you answer...

50,UPS in the mid Atlantic has 50 and out regardless of time of service, I had 18 years in UPS Edited by cravnravn

Yea, I know guys that had to work til they were old enough for medi care and soc sec becaue they don't get medical

benefits. I worked for APG so the gov't gives great benefits and most employees don't even know it. I took a $300 cut

in take home pay when I retired at 57 but then the colas kicked in and got it all back in three years. Now I'm making

more than when I was working with soc sec. They even gave me a buyout of $25,000 to leave and I got another $5,000

for leave. I got 75% of my salary to boot and had a part time job 3 days pr week delivering items for Fast Response til

I was injured. I was paying $84 pr mo for Aetna with no deductables and now I'm paying $111 for medicare and $140 pr mo for Aetna with deductables but I got a new bi pap machine that costs $4,000 and paid nothing for it. The sleep study for the machine costs $1200. If you don't have Aetna or another supplement, medicare pays only 80%. You pay the rest.

i

Bingo on the other reason I went back to work, while at UPS we paid Union dues, had the best medical coverage known to mankind

Through my pension if I elected to receive the same coverage, 975 a month..wtf..so I have Aetna at 100 a month.

I'm convinced a pension is good, but you better be mortgage free..if I was mortgage free ID be a fat rat in a cheese house. But I'm working on it.

not sure about that. The GOP is known for eating their young when they aren't successful. He will have no job in the new yr. What will he do then? I can't see him pulling the huge money on the speaking circuit.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/03/little-marco-rubio-senate-plans

I think you're underestimating how much these guys can make as "consultants" or law firm partners. He was already making $300K prior to public office. He's already written two books and made over $1M. Not that hard to think someone will pay him to write a couple more.

I think you're underestimating how much these guys can make as "consultants" or law firm partners. He was already making $300K prior to public office. He's already written two books and made over $1M. Not that hard to think someone will pay him to write a couple more.

Yeah, my thoughts precisely. Plus, unlike Cruz, he was well liked in the party.

He'll become a lobbyist in one form or another and make millions hawking an issue or bills to his former colleagues. Nytimes had a great editorial from a retiring rep about his intent to leave because of his much he hated the system, and directly cited examples of exactly this problem of finding himself being lobbied by former colleagues. Will have to go find it

That is why I said swing and a miss right after I wrote that. I didn't know he was walking right into the lobbying world.