ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Show of hands .....

TBird

How many think Perriman makes that catch at the end? I do.

He really hurt us with no speed. Denver didn't have to worry about deep threat or the middle

being open by Perriman's or Torrey's speed. Before they did.

Ozzie told Forsett he just took a man out of the box when he drafted Perriman but with him

out, the extra man was int he box and shut down the running game and they came after Joe.

No worry with the deep threat this year and I believe Perriman makes that catch at the end.

Then why did they draft Perriman anyway? He was the fastest man in the draft.

He ran past all the Ravens during the mini camps until he was injured on 30 July.

Denver would have had their best CBs on him. He would have opened the middle like Torrey did but

there were no throws over the middle to Gilmore. It wasn't there.

The extra man in the box shut down the running game.

The game isn't as close as it was with Perriman in there with his speed and the offense would have

generated a few scores themselves with less men in the box because they were worried about

Perriman's speed.

That ball was just out of SRs reach and Joe was rushed again. Those last 10 yards in the red zone

are the hardest to get. Just ask Seattle. They couldn't thet the last yard in the SB at the end.

Like I said, it was just out of SRs reach.

That's because Roby got a hand on it and changed its direction. That's why SR

couldn't catch it. Similar to the Lee Evans dropped ball in NE couple of years ago with 30 secs

left to the SB. DB got his hand in there at last second.

(On the dropped pass by Steve Smith Sr.icon-article-link.gif)
“I think when you really look at it, [bradley Roby] got a hand on that ball and kind of misdirected it, you know, changed the course of the ball and made Steve drop it. It was a huge play by Roby.”

Here's a vid of it. Guy is definitely in SRs face and at least distracted him.

Ball is coming in hard as Joe was hit on the throw and still got it off hard. SR

said CB didn't touch it but he got in his way, ball hits him in the hands and then chest

and bounces away.

I've been saying for a long time Joe throws the ball too hard for a lot of guys. That ball

hits his hands hard even thought the CB is in his face. Doesn't seem like he touched

the ball.

SR agrees with Tim that he should have caught it anyway but given the coverage and velocity

of throw, it just wasn't going to happen.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015091309/2015/REG1/ravens@broncos#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000530003&tab=recap

Good point and I mentioned above Joe was hit as he threw the ball but the ball

definitely hits SRs hands hard, bounces off into the chest and then straight off

the chest.

Roby might have gotten a hand on the ball to give it a push. He is definitely in

SRs face with tight coverage but the ball hits Sr really hard. See the vid again.

Like I said, it was just out of SRs reach.

That's because Roby got a hand on it and changed its direction. That's why SR

couldn't catch it. Similar to the Lee Evans dropped ball in NE couple of years ago with 30 secs

left to the SB. DB got his hand in there at last second.

(On the dropped pass by Steve Smith Sr.icon-article-link.gif)

“I think when you really look at it, [bradley Roby] got a hand on that ball and kind of misdirected it, you know, changed the course of the ball and made Steve drop it. It was a huge play by Roby.”

I put a picture up on Crav's facebook page of the Smith drop. Yes, he should have had it, it hit him right in the face. The defender distracted his eye enough to throw off the timing of his hands coming together. It happens, another receiver would likely have had the same result.