ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

KJ and Buck are top air threats

TBird

After gaining a combined 69 yards between them. KJ had a 39 yard reception that set up the tying score.

Rookie RB Buck Allen whom many believe was drafted for his receiving ability gained 30 yards in the air

plus another 30 yards on the ground. He started the season as 3rd string RB.

ELSEWHERE;

Marlon and Maxx were non-factors today. They need to step up big.

Flacco didn't throw an interception for first time in 10 games and the team won. Joe was easily the

player of the game.

Journigan got a sack forcing a 3 and out.

After completing 67 percent of his kicks over the last three weeks (4-for-6), Justin Tucker converted all five of his field goal attempts Sunday, including a 39-yard game-winner as time expired. Baltimore needed a lot of points to outscore the league’s best offense, and Tucker provided 17 of them.

Sam Koch was outstanding as well, as he averaged 61 yards per punt. One of his punts was downed at the San Diego 3-yard line with 9:28 left in the fourth quarter. Although the Ravens were losing at the time, that play flipped field position and caused the Chargers to nearly give up a safety (twice).

Baltimore’s coverage units continued their stellar play as they “allowed” minus-2 yards in San Diego return yardage.

Stat of the game: This game was the first time in Flacco’s last 10 games that he did not throw an interception and the team won.

That is all.

FROM RSR

Flacco and Givens are going to start connecting really soon. Givens has been getting open. They connected for a big gain this past week. The TD is coming the opportunities are there.

I am most intreged to see both GIvens and Ross more in this offense now with Smith Sr out and another piss poor game from Brown, much to my dismay. Ross has the wiggles to work from the slot and run after catch. Givens, we know, is a burner and timing is everything. Should be fun..

I am most intreged to see both GIvens and Ross more in this offense now with Smith Sr out and another piss poor game from Brown, much to my dismay. Ross has the wiggles to work from the slot and run after catch. Givens, we know, is a burner and timing is everything. Should be fun..

I wish I could find the clip, but speaking of the wiggles, Ross showed off some serious quickness on his first down catch. Caught the ball with his back to the defender, looked like he was going to be tackled for sure, did a juke with his back still to the defender, shook him, turned to the sideline and got the first down. Really impressive YAC.

Koch can kick FGs in a pinch too if Tuck ever goes down.

Last year in camp HARBs tried him out and he kicked a 51 yarder.

Even the punter backup kicked a 51 yard FG in practice last summer. Forget his name.

Koch probably won the game pinning them back so deep while we were losing and

forcing them to give it up.

Koch can kick FGs in a pinch too if Tuck ever goes down.

Last year in camp HARBs tried him out and he kicked a 51 yarder.

Even the punter backup kicked a 51 yard FG in practice last summer. Forget his name.

Koch probably won the game pinning them back so deep while we were losing and

forcing them to give it up.

And that's exactly what it takes to win in this league, special teams is 1/3rd of the pie to win. If we can get consistency from the D that's another third.