ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Don't bother to go to the game

vmax

Or watch it............MSN says Ravens will be wasted.........

Blake Bortles Wins AFC Offensive Player of the Week After Dismantling Baltimore

The Baltimore Ravens have no clue how badly they're about to be beat down by Blake Bortles and the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 10. Jacksonville is very much alive in the AFC South playoff picture at 2-6, especially now that the Indianapolis Colts will be without Andrew Luck for what's expected to be a month. However, the Jaguars cannot afford to lose this game, and the Ravens' secondary has been woefully inadequate all season. Bortles, ever the opportunist, will take advantage and cut this unit to ribbons. In the end, Jacksonville will be leaving town with a huge road victory.http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/10-bold-predictions-for-week-10-of-nfl-season/ss-BBmU7xH?ocid=iehp#image=7

The only thing MSN is not sure of is how deep the Ravens will sink....

DeepSeaZonesv1.jpg

I don't think we've hit rock bottom yet but we're very close. The loss of Steve Smith is a killer. I haven't seen any other offensive playmakers to date. For that matter, there's been no defensive playmakers either.

But that wouldn't stop me from going to the game. If I could afford the tickets.

Oh I'm going to the game for sure.

I'll defend MSN for a moment. Why shouldn't Bortles have a career day against this secondary and pass rush? Every bum in the NFL does.

And the recievers are developing well....

After drafting quarterback Blake Bortles third overall in 2014, Jacksonville selected a pair of high-ceiling wide receivers with their next two picks, Allen Robinson and Marqise Lee. They also added former Miami Hurricanes star Allen Hurns as an undrafted free agent in 2014, and two more young receivers this year.

Though Lee has struggled with injuries, they've formed the best NFL's best young receiving group. ProFootballFocus.com ranked the Jaguars as the second-best receiving corps in the NFL, with an average age of just over 24 years old.

Hurns has 36 catches for 635 yards and six touchdowns. Robinson has 707 yards and six scores on 40 receptions. They're the first pair to have over 600 yards and six touchdowns each through eight games since Randy Moss and Wes Welker did it for the prolific 2007 New England Patriots.

Bortles said this week that it's "super special to be able to come in with those guys as rookies and to able to go through and grow and watch those guys grow."

"They're awesome to be around, and they're getting better each and every week," Bortles said. "It's fun to watch and be a part of." http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/bs-sp-ravens-jaguar-receivers-1113-20151113-story.html

Yet I feel differently about this game. Bortles will do well, but Joe and the Ravens O will do better.

And the Ravens D might have a few good surprises for Bortles and his receivers.

Edited by vmax

JAGUARS VS. RAVENS

Jacksonville Jaguars: Sunday should be a favorable matchup for the Jaguars. The Ravens are giving up the fourth-most passing yards per game in the NFL (283.9) and have given up 16 touchdown passes while intercepting an NFL-low three passes. QB Blake Bortles (17 TD passes) and receivers Allen Robinson (707 yards, six TDs) and Allen Hurns (635 yards, six TDs), provided he plays, should be able to put up good numbers. The Jaguars have been very good against the run (94.3 yards per game allowed, seventh in the NFL) and Ravens QB Joe Flacco has thrown only 10 touchdown passes with eight interceptions. This points to a Jaguars victory, except they keep making mistakes at critical times that cost them chances to win games (Indianapolis, Tampa Bay, New York Jets). Until those stop happening, it's hard to pick the Jaguars to beat anybody. Ravens 24, Jaguars 17. -- Mike DiRocco

Baltimore Ravens: Jacksonville presents matchup problems with receivers Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns. The key factor is the Ravens rank seventh in red zone defense and the Jaguars rank 25th. As long as Baltimore contains them to field goals, the Ravens will improve to 12-2 after a bye since 2002 (which would tie the Eagles for the best-such mark). Ravens 21, Jaguars 19. -- Jamison Hensleyhttp://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/187680/nfl-week-10-predictions-bet-big-on-patriots-over-giants-panthers-over-titans-packers-over-lions

Sunny skies....60 degrees....what's not to love about being at this game! :gorave:

"I’m excited about this Sunday to go out and see what we can do when our bodies and minds are fresh. Ravens fans can expect to see a fast, physical team that’s going to finish. We’re looking to go out and get a W."

Justin Forsett