ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Where the blame lies

papasmurfbell

Or he was going to blow his achillies no matter what bc he has so many moles. But say he stayed healthy I would not have expected more than 4. I think he was about to be done. He could not even be in shape to start camp.

Pressure on the qb is more valuable then sacks, Oakland and cinncy games for example, those last game winning drives was like a 7 on 7 drill. Suggs would of brought some heat on Carr & Dalton, maybe forcing a mistake by one of them.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post, Tim. Yes I agree, Treadwell and Ramsey are my two top targets. Treadwell may be one good 40 away from being in play for us in the 5-10 range. As for Ramsey, I definitely think he's separated himself from Hargreaves (I believe you liked Ramsey better initially anyways). Hargreaves got absolutely owned by Ridley, the redshirt freshmen WR from Alabama. Not what I want to see out of an upperclassman, supposed to be the next Revis.

Tim, what do you think of Dotson from TCU? I see he's been getting a push lately. Awesome production, but they run that spread offense...

While on WRs, what about the kid from Baylor with insane stats as well? Coleman I believe is his name. I know he's a smaller WR. Comparing him to other smaller, Big XII receivers with outstanding production: is he more Brandon Cooks or Mark Clayton?

I love Dotson, not as a first round pick love though. The guy knows how to get open against any coverage, runs precise routes and in a timely manner. He has big strong hands and fights for the ball when needed. A hands catcher with deceiving speed, quick of foot. I don't see him as a number one at the next level, but as an excellent 2 who will make big plays in the NFL.

Yes, Corey Coleman, a smaller guy who just gets it. He out runs people when he is just standing still. I look forward to seeing his 40 times and cone drills to see just how quick he actually is, man can he jitter bug. If they get him, Camp would be gone. He can take over the slot, the end around runs where he is very dangerous. He can return punts with very dependable hands and judgement. More dependable than Clayton, more durable than Cooks, but very similar to him. I would take Coleman over either of those two. Like Dotson, not a first round pick from the Ravens stand point, but if either of those guys are there in the second and the Ravens haven't gone wideout in the first, I would take one of those two there.

For me, a draft where the first two picks are Ramsey/Hargraves in 1 and Dotson/Coleman in 2 would be a great day, a win for sure.

Don't get too hard on Hargreaves. I told you earlier this year in the college forum, Bama has done it again with a receiver. Ridely is going to be the best receiver in college football over the next two years. He is smooth, fast, quick, great hands & body control. He will be better than Cooper, if he had a decent quarterback, he would have the stats to show he is almost better than him now. Ridley is special good.

Add to that Hargreaves was under so much pressure in that game what with no, litterally, no offense, watching his team fall a part after their leader got suspended. I think he was pressing too hard, a good lesson for him. He too can play safety, he will be a great player in the NFL.

Brucie Cunningham took a call and the question was how did Ravens get here. He didnt

know of course but said it was a good question and Ravens will have to ask themselves

during their winter meetings in Jupiter, Florida the week after the SB.

Cunningham said almost every position has to be looked at and that Ozzie is up to the challenge

of rebuilding the team. He's not ready to retire and want to go out with another ring. The last

time he was in this situation with this high of draft picks he won the SB trophy in 3 years

drafting the first Raven ever - JO.

Had Ozzie drafted Brady instead of the qb they did, he'd have at least 2 more SB rings,

like Bellicheat. Bellicheat knows full well that when he's inducted into the HOF it will be because

of Brady. That stupid Savage spent all his time in Louisville instead of Michigan as

their Michigan scout was pissed off for not taking Brady. He told them so.

Brucie Cunningham took a call and the question was how did Ravens get here. He didnt

know of course but said it was a good question and Ravens will have to ask themselves

during their winter meetings in Jupiter, Florida the week after the SB.

Cunningham said almost every position has to be looked at and that Ozzie is up to the challenge

of rebuilding the team. He's not ready to retire and want to go out with another ring. The last

time he was in this situation with this high of draft picks he won the SB trophy in 3 years

Had Ozzie drafted Brady instead of the qb they did, he'd have at least 2 more SB rings,

like Bellicheat. Bellicheat knows full well that when he's inducted into the HOF it will be because

of Brady. That stupid Savage spent all his time in Louisville instead of Michigan as

their Michigan scout was pissed off for not taking Brady. He told them so.

I am confident there are 30 other teams that have a similar story to this. Redman was not a bad draft pick by any means. It was no fluke the guy stuck around in the NFL for 11 years (how many other third round picks can say the same?). Hes a sharp guy with a high FBI.

There is also no guarantee that Brady would have had the same level of success with another team. Him and Belicheck seem perfect for each other.

All we kept hearing was the Redman was the next Unitas after breaking his records at his

school. Even Unitas met and pimped him big time. Ravens only consideration for Brady

came from their Michigan scout and fell on deaf ears.

Even Bellicheat was wrong not taking Brady earlier in the draft. He got him by default

but once he found him and knew what he had. He lucked out with Brady being there

at the end of the draft.

Redman became a journeyman backup ala Earl Morrall but not even as good as him.

Pressure on the qb is more valuable then sacks, Oakland and cinncy games for example, those last game winning drives was like a 7 on 7 drill. Suggs would of brought some heat on Carr & Dalton, maybe forcing a mistake by one of them.

Until you have no legs of course. Also with good OTs non existent.

How did they wina SB in 3 yrs after a 1996 draft?