ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Where the blame lies

papasmurfbell

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You like the one QB that can't play QB in the NFL. That is what you said. Those were your words.

I know. I believe 1994 was the beginning of the cap. That is why I said that. Back in Unitas' days you could keep a team together.

So you have not noticed hwo tight on the cap the Ravens have been the last several yrs? Having to adjust contract and make major cuts or trades to just get under.

I have noticed that the Ravens have spent close to the ceiling every year and usually make the playoffs

every year. Not this year due to injuries, not a lack of talent on paper. I have noticed they have been the

most dominant team this side of NE for the past 15 years with 2 SB trophies and a bunch of division

and AFC trophies. Most teams and their fans will kill for all their trophies in just 15 years. Look at Denver

and Dallas and Skins, 3 glory teams that haven't won SB since the 90s and non-glory teams like

SD, Bengals, Cards, Minn, Atlanta, Carolina, Jags and Bills that never won the SB. Dallas hasn't even been to SB since 90s and are really really bad once again this year because of Jerry.

OK then that gets back to 1 dealing with the cap properly so you have room to get those players. So you need to ID guys to keep and those to let go and even if fans get upset send some away. 2 not all QBs need great weapons. So if your QB does then he shoudl be making less money so you can get him those weapons.

I didn't say 'great' weapons. I said 'decent' ones.

McShay's early mock has Paxton going to Clowns with the 2d pick. Bosa will be the first

player drafted.

He has another QB named Goff going to #5 team. Ravens are about #6 on his mock.

If that is true then he is skyrocketing. I am not impressed with Goff.

I have noticed that the Ravens have spent close to the ceiling every year and usually make the playoffs

every year. Not this year due to injuries, not a lack of talent on paper. I have noticed they have been the

most dominant team this side of NE for the past 15 years with 2 SB trophies and a bunch of division

and AFC trophies. Most teams and their fans will kill for all their trophies in just 15 years. Look at Denver

and Dallas and Skins, 3 glory teams that haven't won SB since the 90s and non-glory teams like

SD, Bengals, Cards, Minn, Atlanta, Carolina, Jags and Bills that never won the SB. Dallas hasn't even been to SB since 90s and are really really bad once again this year because of Jerry.

Pitt has 2 SBs 9 PO appearances and 7 ACFN wins during that time. Ravens have 9 PO appearances as well. But they have only 4 Div wins. So objectively the Ravens have not been the most dominant other than NE.

I didn't say 'great' weapons. I said 'decent' ones.

NE doesn't always need decent. I think Joe needs pretty great weapons.

Weak division, and nobody even heard of him til this season. And mind you he could be a sleeper, but if he goes to Cleveland, I'd bet my house he'd be a bust.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr

Lynch was ranked at the #11 QB last yr. So he didn't come out of nowhere.

So American Athletic Conf sucks compared to the Colonial where Joe played. University of Houston's Case Keenum beat the Ravens in 2014. They also has Andre Ware play there. I think it is pretty insulting that you think Navy sucks. Dennis Byrd played at Tulsa. Yeah Tulane didn't have Matt Forte as a stud. Why do you think Raymond Berry sucks? He played at SMU along with Emanuel Sanders, Eric Dickerson, and Don Meredith. Raheen Brock and Muhammed Wilkerson played at Temple. The headcase Jason Pierre-Paul played at USF. UC has players like Conor Barwin, Brent Celek, and Travis Kelce. ECU has player like Ernest Byner and Chris Johnson. I guess you think Kamar Aiken should be cut. He played at UCF.

Finally Memphis has had players like Issac Bruce, Andy Nelson, Gostkowski, and DeAngelo Williams. So seems to me the conf is pretty substantial.

I have looked at about a dozen mocks and Lynch is no lower than #10. I am not sure how a top 10 player is a sleeper. Maybe you can explain that.

THE KING OF THE PLAYOFFS

Ravens made the POs for 5 straight years during that time, more than Piss and

Joe has more playoff wins than Big Jen.

Since 08, Joe has more PO wins than anyone included Brady and Manning combined.

Just Last Feb he almost beat NE in Foxboro but a banged up secondary gave up 2

2d half leads to the best QB in the game who did some cheating of his own and some

trickery and bending of the rules by Bellecheat.

That was our SB.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-flacco-is-the-king-of-the-nfl-playoffs-1420414837

I'm with you TBird - our PO record is unmistakeable since 08 and, sans this disastrous year, we might have made another run this yr.

Still, there's no denying that Oz and Co are whiffing on drafts and FA signings. Like yourself, I think we can return to relevance in a yr or two but the FO needs to hit some homers this offseason, starting this March. Anything short, we are fighting the Stains for the cellar.

If that is true then he is skyrocketing. I am not impressed with Goff.

Pitt has 2 SBs 9 PO appearances and 7 ACFN wins during that time. Ravens have 9 PO appearances as well. But they have only 4 Div wins. So objectively the Ravens have not been the most dominant other than NE.

NE doesn't always need decent. I think Joe needs pretty great weapons.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr

Lynch was ranked at the #11 QB last yr. So he didn't come out of nowhere.

So American Athletic Conf sucks compared to the Colonial where Joe played. University of Houston's Case Keenum beat the Ravens in 2014. They also has Andre Ware play there. I think it is pretty insulting that you think Navy sucks. Dennis Byrd played at Tulsa. Yeah Tulane didn't have Matt Forte as a stud. Why do you think Raymond Berry sucks? He played at SMU along with Emanuel Sanders, Eric Dickerson, and Don Meredith. Raheen Brock and Muhammed Wilkerson played at Temple. The headcase Jason Pierre-Paul played at USF. UC has players like Conor Barwin, Brent Celek, and Travis Kelce. ECU has player like Ernest Byner and Chris Johnson. I guess you think Kamar Aiken should be cut. He played at UCF.

Finally Memphis has had players like Issac Bruce, Andy Nelson, Gostkowski, and DeAngelo Williams. So seems to me the conf is pretty substantial.

I have looked at about a dozen mocks and Lynch is no lower than #10. I am not sure how a top 10 player is a sleeper. Maybe you can explain that.

Who said anything about their conferences sucking? I sure in the hell didn't, I called his conference weak.

THE KING OF THE PLAYOFFS

Ravens made the POs for 5 straight years during that time, more than Piss and

Joe has more playoff wins than Big Jen.

Since 08, Joe has more PO wins than anyone included Brady and Manning combined.

Just Last Feb he almost beat NE in Foxboro but a banged up secondary gave up 2

2d half leads to the best QB in the game who did some cheating of his own and some

trickery and bending of the rules by Bellecheat.

That was our SB.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-flacco-is-the-king-of-the-nfl-playoffs-1420414837

I made the point of what has happened in 15 yrs. That was the challenge to me and I showed it to be false. Now since 08 sure lots of wins. But now the cap has gotten out of control and players that should be paid at one level are making to much pushing talent needed to win out the door.

Who said anything about their conferences sucking? I sure in the hell didn't, I called his conference weak.

Weak conf suck by definition. Throw Towson in the SEC and lets see how many wins they have? They were 7-4 this season BTW with a loss to ECU who plays in the American. I would put money down if they did play in the SEC that they don't win a game. Towson is a big fish in a weak sucking conf.

I made the point of what has happened in 15 yrs. That was the challenge to me and I showed it to be false. Now since 08 sure lots of wins. But now the cap has gotten out of control and players that should be paid at one level are making to much pushing talent needed to win out the door.

Weak conf suck by definition. Throw Towson in the SEC and lets see how many wins they have? They were 7-4 this season BTW with a loss to ECU who plays in the American. I would put money down if they did play in the SEC that they don't win a game. Towson is a big fish in a weak sucking conf.

Kinda like MD football in the Big 10

You & I are both high on Treadwell, he is just what the Ravens need. They have speed with the rookie and Givens if he stays. They have quickness is Camp can stay healthy. But Tredwell is that big body, great hands wide out who can run any route well, and muscle for the 50-50 ball They currently don't have that receiver, aside from the emerging Aiken.

As many of solid defensive line man there are in the draft and the Ravens ability to get free agent, low round picks at that position to play very well, using the first round pick on one to me, would not be an option, nor a need.

I would love to get Ramsey, they need a safety as well as corners and he can play both very well. He would be a great first round pick.

Great find.

You & I are both high on Treadwell, he is just what the Ravens need. They have speed with the rookie and Givens if he stays. They have quickness is Camp can stay healthy. But Tredwell is that big body, great hands wide out who can run any route well, and muscle for the 50-50 ball They currently don't have that receiver, aside from the emerging Aiken.

As many of solid defensive line man there are in the draft and the Ravens ability to get free agent, low round picks at that position to play very well, using the first round pick on one to me, would not be an option, nor a need.

I would love to get Ramsey, they need a safety as well as corners and he can play both very well. He would be a great first round pick.

Great find.

Good post, Tim. Yes I agree, Treadwell and Ramsey are my two top targets. Treadwell may be one good 40 away from being in play for us in the 5-10 range. As for Ramsey, I definitely think he's separated himself from Hargreaves (I believe you liked Ramsey better initially anyways). Hargreaves got absolutely owned by Ridley, the redshirt freshmen WR from Alabama. Not what I want to see out of an upperclassman, supposed to be the next Revis.

Tim, what do you think of Dotson from TCU? I see he's been getting a push lately. Awesome production, but they run that spread offense...

While on WRs, what about the kid from Baylor with insane stats as well? Coleman I believe is his name. I know he's a smaller WR. Comparing him to other smaller, Big XII receivers with outstanding production: is he more Brandon Cooks or Mark Clayton?

Really good read Cleet, it was dead on the loss of Suggs and Ngata, we absolutely out no pressure on the qb's and the results are right there, Webby and Smith in negative numbers.

Yea, we definitely missed Suggs and Ngata early on with those narrow losses.

That said, Ngata did't do much in Detroit either. Started the season on injured reserve

there. Bad move by Detroit and Ozzie got Maxx and Z. Smith from them in the trade.

Maxx has 1 TD as a TE and Z has 1 sack.

Good post, Tim. Yes I agree, Treadwell and Ramsey are my two top targets. Treadwell may be one good 40 away from being in play for us in the 5-10 range. As for Ramsey, I definitely think he's separated himself from Hargreaves (I believe you liked Ramsey better initially anyways). Hargreaves got absolutely owned by Ridley, the redshirt freshmen WR from Alabama. Not what I want to see out of an upperclassman, supposed to be the next Revis.

Tim, what do you think of Dotson from TCU? I see he's been getting a push lately. Awesome production, but they run that spread offense...

While on WRs, what about the kid from Baylor with insane stats as well? Coleman I believe is his name. I know he's a smaller WR. Comparing him to other smaller, Big XII receivers with outstanding production: is he more Brandon Cooks or Mark Clayton?

Doctson just might be available when we draft in the 2nd round. He sounds impressive from what I've read about him and would give us the WR we need if we decide on Ramsey for round 1.