ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Where the blame lies

papasmurfbell

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get to where the Ravens are now is one of those "It takes a Village" things.

Ozzie has not been drafting well lately.

The scouts are not scouting as well as previous staffs....but the league has raided the scouting staff to shreds.

Coaching? I'm giving Tresman a pass because of what he's had to work with. Special Teams have been damn good...except for the stupid penalties.

The Defensive coaching is lacking....all the D coaches. To have the same mistakes, lack of focus and execution ....misalignment, mis assignment and technique says change has to happen.

Harbaugh has wrung every drop that he can get out of this roster. They are still playing hard.

Then Success has drained this organization of good coaches.

Success has had the Ravens drafting late. They can't afford to miss and they have.

Success has hit them in the wallet as they try to keep the good talent that they have drafted and developed....and once they have developed that talent to a high level of performance....the CAP prevents them from keeping that talent and other teams reap the rewards.

And we are spoiled. This organization has done so well, for such a long time, that we expect it to never end. So when the bumps in the road hit....and they hit every organization....fans start screaming "Off with their heads!"

And I'm not mad at all at the fans. The NFL has a big share of the blame because the product is watered down and costs us a ton of money to see a game...and....they are trying to rape every cent they can get out of us from concessions, parking, ticket prices, jersey sales etc....they market patriotism......and that pisses me off.

Edited by vmax

But that is the point of what I have been saying for yrs. the Pats do not fall apart. 15 straight yrs of .500 ball. Now I thnk 12 straight of at least 10 wins. They have lost Saban, McDaniel, Weis, Crennel, and I am sure many more. They have cast off talent more than anyone. The issue is they play the cap game better than anyone and it shows on the field. The Ravens and really every FO need to evolve to compete.

No, not 1 player. Brady is a HOFer and multiple SB winner. Joe's a good QB and SB winner. Brady has the ability to will his team to victory; no matter the talent level. Joe, as a good QB, needs to have talent all around to consistently win.

Can't explain the $. I don't pay em; just watch em. Maybe Joe benefitted from better timing or shrewder agent, or both. Maybe $ aren't as big a deal to Brady since his all world model wife has a net worth of $250 M.

No it is Brady is willing to leave money on the table to get more talent. Joe just wants the green.

But the Pats are more willing to let go of players even stars than the Ravens and many times getting compensation for them. They do not allow their cap to get out of hand. This give them the flexibility to make due with injuries and be a deeper team.

The jury is still out on your first point - we'll find out this off season. If he or his agent don't budge, it's time to start preparing for life after Joe.

Maybe we consider this kid Paxton Lynch in the draft although we have myriad of other needs.

Agreed on the second point, especially in recent seasons. Ozzie and Co haven't drafted or managed the cap well and, given the unprecedented injuries to IR, which no one could have predicted or planned for, this team's lack of depth at the skilled positions has been on full display.

We need to draft a QB sometime to groom Joe's replacement for a few years. Now what round that is is up to people smarter than me. Perhaps we skip QB this year and begin shoring up the other weak spots and go for the QB in 2017. Either way it's time to start thinking about life after Joe.

I'm hoping that Joe sees the light and reduces that cap number big time. I'm hoping, but wary of his agent.

And I don't get all the doubting of Joe and his agent on restructuring his contract, we knew 3 years ago it would have to happen. There has been no indication from Joe's side that will not restructure, too many talking heads playing the what if game.

As far as new England goes, yes it is apparent that their scouts have a better eye then our scouts, they totally fill both sides of the ball with good no name talent, same can be said for the Stealers, they lost Ben for 5 games this season, they lost their stud running back, starting center yet somehow they're going to make the playoffs.

The previous contract was an average of 14 mil and change. That was inked at the same time Joe got his. Now what was Joe getting in his deal? Brady could ask for and get what Joe will be making as a cap hit for next yr. HE is that good. Joe isn't even in the same ball park of talent. HE should be making far less. When Joe inked that deal I was saying it should be the 6 yrs but for 105. I now see that he isn't even worth that. Joe to actually be effective with the talent he requires should get 6 yrs maybe 84 mil. A SB of 15 mil would be good.

Joe is guaranteed 3 years 60 MIL, he is in the 3rd year. And as far as Joe being in the same league as Brady, that's on the ownership. Is Joe better then Kapp, Romo, Dalton, Ryan, Tannehill? According to his stats he is. And in 2012 when Joe rolled the dice, yes he was better than Brady.

Bigger still is how BB has organized that FO and how they do business. You notice they didn't colapse when Brady went down with a knee. Then they parleyed Cassel into a 1st round pick. If you do not have the QB you want and or he asks for a insane amount cast him off and get all the parts around him while you search for your guy in the draft. There is no need to reach for a QB like NYJ, Buf, or Bal.

I wouldn't say we reached, he's already produced. And if this would have been last year then Tyrod would have been leading us since Joe's injury. But it was his time and I'm glad he got his shot.

It's not like we moved up 10 spots in the draft to get Joe.

And what I've seen this year in college football the only qb I'd invest in is the kid from navy, and he's committed for 5 years.

And as far as where the blame lies, it lies squarely on the Mrs, she did an absolute no no, thing is she knows better. After the Miami game we spent 4 great days in key west, upon returning, she was still on vacation, I was not. She proceeded to wash my ravens gear. She darn well knows it doesn't get washed til after the season is over!!!!

My story, I'm sticking with it.

I wouldn't say we reached, he's already produced. And if this would have been last year then Tyrod would have been leading us since Joe's injury. But it was his time and I'm glad he got his shot.

It's not like we moved up 10 spots in the draft to get Joe.

And what I've seen this year in college football the only qb I'd invest in is the kid from navy, and he's committed for 5 years.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cfb/players.asp?id=218405

A dude who has thrown for just over 1000 yds in a 12 game season is who you would invest in. Wow you don't know much about the game. You are clueless.