ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Injury Prevention Program

vmax

I like this. I think it will really help.

They should be faster, stronger and have less physical weaknesses.

“Recovery, to me, is whether they can practice tomorrow at as high a level as they did today,” Saunders said. “Can they perform in Week 16 like they did in Week 1? We’re trying to put that whole system in place so we can have a successful year.”

At the end of the day, it’s still a whole lot of hard work, as players have quickly discovered.

The team’s new running program has them doing speed and power work on Mondays and Wednesdays and conditioning on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Smith said there are more burst and quickness exercises, like sprinting 60-yard dashes.

“Before we kind of eased into it,” Smith said. “This year, Coach Harbaugh wanted us to start at the top. There’s no easing into it. The intensity is definitely ramped up.”

The Ravens have also added more competition into the running program. They are charting who crosses the line first and who comes across last on each sprint....http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Altered-Training-Program-To-Prevent-Injuries/ea8aac83-de75-4fc3-8e0d-cbbf684ff195

In 2 weeks Saunders will have them doing this!

tmat10h2.jpg

I like that they're switching back to natural grass @ M&T. Something needed to be changed with the injury problems.

then I hope they do away with anyone using the field besides the Ravens, those Thanksgiving day high school games can tear that field up,