Camp Time

cravnravn

Beads...Check

Vuvuzuela...Check

Water...Forget to refrig it :(

Camera..Charging

Hat...Yup, cant be overly cautious

Camo shorts...Big Check

IM Ready, had my pot of of coffee, went out and checked out Jupiter following the moon around, I see the planets are aligning for the 2010-2011 Ravens!!

sports_steve.jpg

Sorry its late, but I had a hell of a time at camp, the ole back locked up on me today (thanks for the shoulder maniac & max)

1. Pitta will unseat Todd Heap, the kid is huge, fast and has sweet hands.

2. Donte Stallworth, All bow to Oz, cause he did it again..

3. T-Sizzle, WOW he worked Oher like a little b.itch, Sizzle came to camp with a mission, he is game ready, today.

4. Ray is Ray you know hes ready, hell he caught Boldin on an out pattern.

5. Joe Flacco--That is one c.ocky mo'fo you can tell it just by his actions, hes worse than me, cant wait for the season to get here.

6. Our DB's suck...For every decent to good play they make, they give up an untouched 1..Gotta play Ravens D 100% of the time.

7. Wait til you all see Paul Kruger :) that 25 lbs he gained made him into a beast..I can seriously see it Ngata, Cody Suggs & Kruger.

8. Cody---LOL he literally moves the O-Line, teams like the Bengals, Steelers will have to put 2 m-O-Linemen on him, or a lineman and a RB on Cody, HE'S A FREAK!!

I love the look of our team, we are 1 DB away from being the Dream Team. Carr holds his own against Mason & Boldin, Washington was on the field but did not participate, NO ONE will run against us, its impossible, our Defensive tackles will always be fresh, the rotation of Gregg, Ngata, Cody and lets not forget about Pryce will definately get the job done.

Picture001.jpg?

Edited by cravnravn
  • Upvote 1

It was a beautiful ride to Westminster this morning...blue skies, cool air, Sirius satelite NFL radio going. I got there at 7am...guess I couldn't wait...:) rm52 was probably the only one to beat me to camp this morning but crav showed up 20 minutes later in his beads so ER was representing. I missed varav....sorry!

Bring the kids up. The National Guard has this really cool rock wall they can climb. It's very safe because there's safety ropes. Even little kids can do it...I saw this little girl make it to the top. Truthfully...I wanted to do it.

Anyway...

Here's my camp observations from this morning...remember...this is just one practice. I don't want to deep 6 guys based on the second morning of camp. Many are trying tolearn their play books so their reaction time, route running ect will get better each day.

As far as being in shape: the whole team looked liked they could start today if they had to.

Love Flacco's passes...just sweet!

Bulger looked good today...he got in a groove. Troy Smith was throwing inaccurate long balls...just laying them up. He'll work his way off the team if that keeps up.

Marcus Smith was a disappointment....bad hands today. Clayton dropped a couple he should have had. Rodelin Anthony is big and tall...he's like all arms, elbows and feet...I don't know if he can cordinate all that at this level

But...from what I saw the Ravens have 3 quality starters at WR in Bouldin, Mason and Stallworth.

Bouldin is the real deal....great hands, cutting and route running....good size too. He's going to waste a lot of secondaries this year.

Mason hasn't lost a thing...damn he's good. A teenage girl 10 feet away from him yelled "Kill the Steelers Derrick!" and he just laughed.

I paid a lot of attention to Stallworth because he's suspect to me as far as having good hands. Well...he caught everything and tucked the ball away in a flash. He doesn't look like Patrick Johnson(all speed and no hands). This just might be a "resurection" for him. I hope so because he could make a difference and help elevate this offense. He caught a TD today...40 yarder.

Liked what I saw of Pita and Dickson. They are going to be great additions. They have it all...size, speed, power and hands. The Ravens are set at TE for a long time. Poor Joe...he has so many choices to make!

The O line is fit asnd physical but the D came to play. Particularly at getting after the QB. Suggs was all over as well as Johnson. Kruger really got big this off season...he looks like a DE now...in the McCrary mold. The blitz was on.

Ngata....I swear..he's even bigger...HUGE!...he's going to eat centers and guards alive this season.

Mt Cody!?! He's huge but he's atheletic and fast. He was pushing the pocket this morning, almost had a sack...double teams didn't faze him.

Redding just might surprise us and be bbetter than expected. It looks like he's found a new life playing with a winning team.

The "Rays" look great....Lewis and Rice.

McGahee's playing tough...he's ready to go.

So is "Bring the Pain"...while massive, he's fit and fast.

Ed Reed was walking around and joking with the fans.

Webb was also walking around and back peddling some. He doesn't look ready but he looks like 6 weeks at worst IMO.

Zibby and Nakamura had a good morning. Didn't see much of Hamlin...probably because I was watching the corners...Hoping...begging...pleading..."God! Please show me a ray of light!"

I wish I could say something positive. I can't.

Well...I'll say this...they're not as bad as the '96 and '97 lot.

4-18790-961445-643602.JPG

Edited by vmax
  • Upvote 1

Like Max said, what a great day!

I liked what I saw for a 2nd day.

The two rookie TEs look great. Can't wait to see them in a pre-season game. Pitta was in a few packages, a lot of the bunch package, and he seem to be the deep guy often. Dickson seem to be more of a inside guy. BTW if you go out to camp Dickson and Drew have the wrong numbers listed on that camp roster.

Kruger has done some good work with his upper body. Another big at FB Mike McLaughlin. I thought that Mt. Cody would look a lot bigger then what he did, you can tell he has lost some weight. Watching him on the punt return drill, he has some speed for a big. He was alway pulling the guy along who he was holding hands with, McKinney.

Seen Yanda pulling often. Good to see Hale and Reitz still hanging around.

Bulger didn't have a good day, very poor passes. And just when you think that shorty was going to show something at QB, he looked like the same old Smith. Wonder who he is throwing that ball to.

As far Carr having a good day, I won't take it away from him but some of it was due to 2 poor passing days, and you can add some blame to a few WRs not running square, looping the route. When you do this, you give the DB the inside, as in the case of Carr's good day.

Someone flip Suggs off his feet, couldn't see who it was.

• Upvote 1

Webb actually ran with the team yesterday.

55192396.jpg

There are now hints from Harbaugh, Webb and Eisenberg that Webb will be ready by opening day.

I still have my doubts but this is good news.

55225979.jpg

Edited by vmax

It was a beautiful ride to Westminster this morning...blue skies, cool air, Sirius satelite NFL radio going. I got there at 7am...guess I couldn't wait...:) rm52 was probably the only one to beat me to camp this morning but crav showed up 20 minutes later in his beads so ER was representing. I missed varav....sorry!

Max, I get there about 9:00 AM Saturday and looked for you around mid-field but no Max.

Awesome time and venue. Even my son - a diehard skins fan who I took to Skins camp in Ashburn on Friday - said our camp was much nicer. I told him we'd take em on our side !

Bring the kids up. The National Guard has this really cool rock wall they can climb. It's very safe because there's safety ropes. Even little kids can do it...I saw this little girl make it to the top. Truthfully...I wanted to do it.

Anyway...

Here's my camp observations from this morning...remember...this is just one practice. I don't want to deep 6 guys based on the second morning of camp. Many are trying tolearn their play books so their reaction time, route running ect will get better each day.

As far as being in shape: the whole team looked liked they could start today if they had to.

Love Flacco's passes...just sweet!

Bulger looked good today...he got in a groove. Troy Smith was throwing inaccurate long balls...just laying them up. He'll work his way off the team if that keeps up.

Marcus Smith was a disappointment....bad hands today. Clayton dropped a couple he should have had. Rodelin Anthony is big and tall...he's like all arms, elbows and feet...I don't know if he can cordinate all that at this level

But...from what I saw the Ravens have 3 quality starters at WR in Bouldin, Mason and Stallworth.

Bouldin is the real deal....great hands, cutting and route running....good size too. He's going to waste a lot of secondaries this year.

Mason hasn't lost a thing...damn he's good. A teenage girl 10 feet away from him yelled "Kill the Steelers Derrick!" and he just laughed.

I paid a lot of attention to Stallworth because he's suspect to me as far as having good hands. Well...he caught everything and tucked the ball away in a flash. He doesn't look like Patrick Johnson(all speed and no hands). This just might be a "resurection" for him. I hope so because he could make a difference and help elevate this offense. He caught a TD today...40 yarder.

Liked what I saw of Pita and Dickson. They are going to be great additions. They have it all...size, speed, power and hands. The Ravens are set at TE for a long time. Poor Joe...he has so many choices to make!

The O line is fit asnd physical but the D came to play. Particularly at getting after the QB. Suggs was all over as well as Johnson. Kruger really got big this off season...he looks like a DE now...in the McCrary mold. The blitz was on.

Ngata....I swear..he's even bigger...HUGE!...he's going to eat centers and guards alive this season.

Mt Cody!?! He's huge but he's atheletic and fast. He was pushing the pocket this morning, almost had a sack...double teams didn't faze him.

Redding just might surprise us and be bbetter than expected. It looks like he's found a new life playing with a winning team.

The "Rays" look great....Lewis and Rice.

McGahee's playing tough...he's ready to go.

So is "Bring the Pain"...while massive, he's fit and fast.

Ed Reed was walking around and joking with the fans.

Webb was also walking around and back peddling some. He doesn't look ready but he looks like 6 weeks at worst IMO.

Zibby and Nakamura had a good morning. Didn't see much of Hamlin...probably because I was watching the corners...Hoping...begging...pleading..."God! Please show me a ray of light!"

I wish I could say something positive. I can't.

Well...I'll say this...they're not as bad as the '96 and '97 lot.

4-18790-961445-643602.JPG

Max, I agree with many of your observations. I thought Flacco and Bulger looked solid as starter and backup. The entire O looked good. Willis looked very quick and in shape. The 3 WRs look sharp. Demetrious and Clayton looked tentative.

The D looked sharp except for the CBs. Carr, Miller and Travis Fisher are all small. We are in deep doo doo if Washington and Webb arent ready by season opener. Cincys WRs would absolutely embarras our current CBs.

I know Ozzie and Co are working it 24-7 for a CB pickup. Frank Walker scares the crap out of me.

Maybe Ozzie can work his magic again ?!

Overall, the team appears to have a lot of good chemistry in camp. Even Harbaugh and Cam were hamming it up.

If we can get the CB situation fixed (sans Frank Walker) and the O-Line (Gaither, Birk) get healty soon, it could be successful year.

Sorry we didnt hook up, Max. Maybe I can catch you a few home games.

GO RAVENS !!!!

• Upvote 1

The D looked sharp except for the CBs. Carr, Miller and Travis Fisher are all small. We are in deep doo doo if Washington and Webb arent ready by season opener. Cincys WRs would absolutely embarras our current CBs.

No offense against you guys, but I doubt there is a defensive backfield in the NFL that can consistently match up with the current Bengals receiving corps.

I like K J Gerrard but he didn't impress me Saturday...but again, it was only their second practice.

I think Parmele looked real good returning kicks...very fluid and decisive with some good moves and speed...the best of the lot.

I liked what I saw of Harewood and Hale.

Here's a nice video of Ravens camp...definately lets you have a good view and feel for what is happening...

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/media_library/Videos/2010/08/NFL_Network_Inside_Ravens_Training_Camp.aspx?id=09a7ca42bcdb47d38ef3ab6b1403aee1

"You know...Ray might be playing when he's as old as us!"

55364115.jpg