ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens sign Devon Hester

cravnravn

Maybe if this was a legit Super Bowl contender. But he struggles to stay healthy and this team, right now is bbarely a play off team..

You simply cannot trot out someone who is a turnover waiting to happen on special teams. If you don't like Hester, that's fine...but they 100% needed someone.

You simply cannot trot out someone who is a turnover waiting to happen on special teams. If you don't like Hester, that's fine...but they 100% needed someone.

They could develope one, especially with the touch backs starting at the 25. Punt returns, granted, a bit more tricky, but they could have managed. When\if Hester gets hurt, what then?

They could develope one, especially with the touch backs starting at the 25. Punt returns, granted, a bit more tricky, but they could have managed. When\if Hester gets hurt, what then?

No, they couldn't develop one. The time for developing one is over. That's the whole point and reason for the signing of Hester.

I think the team did the right thing signing a vet. The alternative was Camp who was injury and fumble prone which is a really bad combination. IMO that final preseason game absolutely killed his Ravens career.

No, they couldn't develop one. The time for developing one is over. That's the whole point and reason for the signing of Hester.

We cannot know what goes on in practice. I remember back in the Billick days, they drafted Derick Abney to be the punt\kick returner, but also get BJ Sams. All preseason, Abney gets his chances while Sams nurses a bad wheel, & doesnt practice except for work outs fielding kicks and punts on the side, after practice.

Everyone outside of the org thought Abney was a lock dispite his flubs. While those at practiice\camp, knew Sams was the guy.

Now neither worked out in the end.

Today, they have been grooming Moore, who did a pretty good job at fielding and returning in the preseason games. They also had a few running backs who did fine job as well.

Back to my we don't see practices, sure, maybe these guys were not practicing well, and likely, they are still going to work with them,,,

All I know is Hester only played in 5 games last year (4.3 yds a pr-26 kr), , has a bad foot\ toe. Those injuries never heal right, especially with speed guys.

If we go back the last five years, his kick returns have been nothing special, when you factor in the yards now counted from the endzone. Average starting field position, the 26 yard line on his returns.

Punts over that span ( where I think they really want him) have gone down eaxh year, 2011 was great at 16 yds per. But then

8,14,13,4 yds per return.

12 total fumbles over that five year span as well, last year in limited action he had none.

So, you can see why I say this was a panic move, from my point of view, by Ozzie once again... I hope he stays healthy.

• 1 month later...

Hester wants to know, how do you like him now?

What, an usher couldn't waive off punts, pin the offense inside their own 10 yardline multiple times per game?

I'll grant you, the blocking is not always there, but a punt returner's job is to make a few players miss.... So far, all he has really done is make Ozzie swing & miss....

Hester wants to know, how do you like him now?

What, an usher couldn't waive off punts, pin the offense inside their own 10 yardline multiple times per game?

I'll grant you, the blocking is not always there, but a punt returner's job is to make a few players miss.... So far, all he has really done is make Ozzie swing & miss....

I understand your thinking Ozzie but how much do you know that John didn't have his hands into this. I didn't like the signing at all, should had giving the kid from navy to learn on the fly. Couldn't be any worse off then we are now. I say do it now.

I understand your thinking Ozzie but how much do you know that John didn't have his hands into this. I didn't like the signing at all, should had giving the kid from navy to learn on the fly. Couldn't be any worse off then we are now. I say do it now.

Oh I am sure Harbs had a loud voice in the move. I am not sold on Reynolds, no quickness, no real speed. I would think the other rookie could handle it, Moore, some one. Either way, so far Hester is not working out at all.