ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Goodbye Justin Forsett

deeshopper

Quite the turn around in that relationship, hunky dory a few weeks ago, now, goom bye..

They had to see how much speed and quickness he lost in practice, so why this game of keeping him out of the preseason and then again last Sunday?

Why "cut" him, then bring him back?

Does this mean the rookie is ready to return? Are they bringing someone in or staying with 2 active backs on game day?

To me, this move just shows Ozzie has lost it, officially, as far as talent evaluation.

To me, this move just shows Ozzie has lost it, officially, as far as talent evaluation.

Can't say that. I know this of him, he has a big heart. I wonder about some of his moves. Terrence Brooks sticks out a lot to me, guy just fit very good with this team. But you keep Elam yeah yeah 1st round pick but you just putting off what you will have to do next season.

Good luck to Justin and yes I am sure that Rookie is coming back this week

Can't say that. I know this of him, he has a big heart. I wonder about some of his moves. Terrence Brooks sticks out a lot to me, guy just fit very good with this team. But you keep Elam yeah yeah 1st round pick but you just putting off what you will have to do next season.

Good luck to Justin and yes I am sure that Rookie is coming back this week

How many of his moves, draft and free agency, have worked out the past five years? Sure, he won a super bowl, but did that cover over some of the bad moves?

Brooks was not much better than Elam, both were bad draft picks.

Oh I know, but follow me here. The coaches chose to hold him out of the pre-season. Then, after Ozzie brings him back from the 72 man purge, they again sit him for a game. This, after seeing him in practice, then in 3 games (some players play faster in games)... Seeing, knowing he lost his speed & quickness.

So obviously, the coaches either did not want him on the team or, they did but in a limited role.

Had he know this after being cut shortly after the end to the pre-season, do you think he waits to sign back with the team?

To me, clearly Ozzie or Biscutt wanted him back and told him, either directly or through omission, that he would not be a part time player.... Thus, I continue my stance from a few years ago that Ozzie needs to go or there needs to be major changes in the front office, scouting staffs..

How many of his moves, draft and free agency, have worked out the past five years? Sure, he won a super bowl, but did that cover over some of the bad moves?

Brooks was not much better than Elam, both were bad draft picks.

Brooks was a whole lot better Elam. Not sure what you were watching?

All teams make bad moves even ones that win Super Bowls. :)

Mike Wallace

Ben Watson

Eric Weddle

Brooks was a whole lot better Elam. Not sure what you were watching?

All teams make bad moves even ones that win Super Bowls. :)

Mike Wallace

Ben Watson

Eric Weddle

That is not saying much, there are a lot of players better than Elam and some of them are flipping burgers today.

It is too early to say if any of those three moves you mentioned work out. Wallace is likely on his last team, Watson may or may not come back from the injury, and Weddle is solid so far, but how much longer can he play at this level the way he hits?

Sure, a lot of teams mqke mistakes on players, but the reason this team has been in the dumps since the Super Bowl is because of all the bad mistakes Ozzie and his staff have made. Good teams don't stay bad for long, this could be year number 4... Draft picks should be reaching their value by now.. So far, this team's have not.... We shall see as the season unfolds.

It's all rigged for an even playing field of mediocrity.

Parity. Parity.

Salary Cap. Free Agency.

Years of drafting late due to success.

Drafting and developing players so well that you can't afford to keep them when they hit free agency.

Playing in the toughest division in football.

Harder schedules...until this year.

Justin was one great stand up man. Big heart. Honest. Hard worker.

And....the Ravens kept him knowing they might have to part ways but were willing to guaranteei him $3 mill this year. That's $3 mil of "We love and appreciate you Justin!" :gorave:

That is not saying much, there are a lot of players better than Elam and some of them are flipping burgers today.

It is too early to say if any of those three moves you mentioned work out. Wallace is likely on his last team, Watson may or may not come back from the injury, and Weddle is solid so far, but how much longer can he play at this level the way he hits?

Sure, a lot of teams mqke mistakes on players, but the reason this team has been in the dumps since the Super Bowl is because of all the bad mistakes Ozzie and his staff have made. Good teams don't stay bad for long, this could be year number 4... Draft picks should be reaching their value by now.. So far, this team's have not.... We shall see as the season unfolds.

They are 3-1, yeah should have been 4-0 but no one thought we would have won a game by now. We have a top 3 defense that is with Wright and Smith. The offense is getting there. Did you want the season over already and a fake Super Bowl in your hand?

They are 3-1, yeah should have been 4-0 but no one thought we would have won a game by now. We have a top 3 defense that is with Wright and Smith. The offense is getting there. Did you want the season over already and a fake Super Bowl in your hand?

As I said, this season will say a lot about the moves he has made.

Yes, 3-1, could be 4-0 or could be 0-4. I know this is a process, I am just discussing this team, Ozzie and his moves over the past five years...Thus why this team has struggled so much this year especially, despite being 3-1.

What I don't get is after the Boldin fiasco Ozzie said we wouldn't jeopardise the future for the sake of keeping the vets happy then they go around and do the opposite. Crazy the amount of bad decisions made since the superbowl.

To me, clearly Ozzie or Biscutt wanted him back and told him, either directly or through omission, that he would not be a part time player.... Thus, I continue my stance from a few years ago that Ozzie needs to go or there needs to be major changes in the front office, scouting staffs..

Yep, agreed on the Ozzie/FO observation. Aside from the DL or front 7, our pool of young talent has been dwindling over the past 5-6 years, if not longer. Meanwhile, Cincy and Pittsburgh keep loading and reloading.

Pittsburgh must have 6-7 offensive weapons, including oft-suspended, Doobie Brothers - Leveon Bell & Martavis Bryant - that we are no longer capable or adept at drafting . Its sickening to watch Cincy and Pittsburgh put these studs on the field every Sunday..

Even Cleveland, with its woeful FO, is able to draft a decent player or playmaker. Meanwhile, we have the walking wounded or china dolls - Perryman, Max Williams, Elam, etc. The list goes on.....

This is obviously not the same ownership, FO and culture we enjoyed much of last decade. Someone, including the Biscuit, needs to step up, right the ship and re-invent a tough, winning culture. We are losing ground every year.

As I said, this season will say a lot about the moves he has made.

Yes, 3-1, could be 4-0 or could be 0-4. I know this is a process, I am just discussing this team, Ozzie and his moves over the past five years...Thus why this team has struggled so much this year especially, despite being 3-1.

2015) MASH unit

2014) Playoffs

2013) 8-8

2012) We all know

2011) Playoffs

2010) Playoffs

What am I missing here?

Mash unit had little to do with last year, they were bad before the injuries started.

You can say playoffs, but the quality of play on this team has gone down steadily over the past 5-6 years. Maybe the Super Bowl win was the pinochle, and this is the down years trilogy, who knows. No offensive line moves save one, have worked out, the latest one is still unproven with the rookie.

Linebackers have the inconsistent, no matter how some want to pump them, the middle backers, up.

Secondary, what move has worked out? Weddle? Still remains to be seen, I do think he was a good signing though.

Steve Smith was obviously a great signing, that is one. Even Dummervil, to me, has been money wasted, oh he gets his sacks against bad teams, early in games, but he is no where to be found in the 4th quarters...

This team has made the playoffs inspite of bad moves, and I believe because overall play in the NFL is way down because of these new practice rules and penalty rules..

He has found gems on the defensive line, especially the past few years. There is great young talent there, maybe some on the offensive line with Stanley, Lewis and Yanda, possibly Wagner, but they need to prove out.

My point is, Ozzie has been missing more & more and this move (along with the Kenan Reynolds drafting) are just the tip of the iceberg.. Time will tell..

Some of Ozzie's biggest blunders in recent years

Handling of the Ray Rice fiasco

Anyone remember Michael Huff?

Complete and utter bust in Elam/Brooks/ABrown... you can add Upshaw as a mild bust.

Monroe and Zuttah

Time will tell: Should have kept KO over Yanda?, and will Periman ever do anything

The trends are inarguable and aren't encouraging. Maybe this year is a transition and a return to winning is forthcoming.

But the talent level, especially the playmakers and game-changers, isn't what it was.

With the possible exception of the DL, can anyone point to a single home grown/drafted game changer on the roster ?

We keep saying every draft that Ozzie needs to hit a home run. We keep waiting for the HR.

Hope I'm wrong and this team is on the rise and the talent hasn't emerged. Time will tell.

Forsett find a job yet?

People Ray Lewis isn't out there, not at this time. No Ed Reed.

Maybe you all need to be Lions fans or maybe the Bills or Jets?

No one is asking for a hall of fame player. We are simply discussing the team, the front office, their lack of finding \ developing good players instead of the 3rd stringers they keep bringing in & or drafting at most every position save for a few... If that makes us "non-fans" so beit.

Ps, no one said Ozzie made a mistake releasing Justin, quite the opposite, he made another mistake re-signing after the initial cut.