ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

18 Game Season Bad Idea

vmax

2 pre season games are "in the books' and if it was an 18 game season, then the season would start next week. From what I've seen of pre season games on NFL Network, teams are not ready to open up the season with everything counting and on the line after only 2 weeks.

Granted they are not game planning and playing their starters for 4 quarters but would they do that to get ready for an 18 game season?

No.

A lot of sloppy execution and sloppy games.

I think week 1 and perhaps week 2 in an 18 game season would be the same.

When you factor in the attrition an 18 game schedule will induce, then fans will be seeing a very watered down product come playoff time. The best would not be playing the best. The deepest vs the deepest maybe, but not the best.

Parity and expansion have already watered down the product. You can definately see that when the 2's play the 2's in the pre season. Look at the bottom feeders in the NFL and you can see rosters that can't compete because the talent is not there.

There's not enough.

I'm a fan. I can't get enough football because it's good. 32 teams is maybe a few too many, but I can live with that.

18 games will change the quality of the product from the opening weeks to the final weeks to the playoffs.

It's going to piss me off if this goes to 18 games.

44109982.jpg

I'm okay with expanding the regular season and reducing the preseason, as long as they let team rosters expand uniformly, meaning, admit more into training (UFAs or whatever) and cut down to a larger number by end of preseason # 2 game than they are currently allowed at preseason's end now. the regular season roster should expand to complement a lengthened regular season.

With more players on gameday you can make it so no starters will play on special teams. That would elliminate things like Webb's injury.

I would also like to see different kinds of pup lists. Keep the openning 6 game list but add a 10 or 12 game one too. That way a player breaks an arm in camp but will be ready late Nov so he could be activated then. Also if you are hurt week 1 you can be activated late in the season. It would be like the way baseball has it.