ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Clayton Traded

rvnsfan1

Guest BallTMore

Interesting week for the Ravens.

I understand Clayton wasn't going to be here next season, but he would have been a solid 3 or 4.

Stallworth is always injured. Clayton provided great depth.

Numbers game with the Haush signing.

Mark is a great guy and he made some amazing plays and catches, but Mark just disappeared for too many games in a row.

Smith and Reed are not better than him, but Ozzie can't get anything on the market for those 2. So Mark got the axe.

Numbers game with the Haush signing.

Mark is a great guy and he made some amazing plays and catches, but Mark just disappeared for too many games in a row.

Smith and Reed are not better than him, but Ozzie can't get anything on the market for those 2. So Mark got the axe.

Agreed + the contract, I believe we will save money and Reed and Smith will be here next year, Clayton not.

Kind of bittersweet. Like I just said in the Housh thread, I think he would've been a great slot player and deep threat.

He's a good guy and there was definitely no lack of effort, but he couldn't take advantage of Mason's presence on the other side here.

I hope he becomes Bradford's favorite target.

(If you haven't noticed, this whole set of moves has me feeling weird and uneasy. Nothing to do with what's on the field, either.)

Kind of bittersweet. Like I just said in the Housh thread, I think he would've been a great slot player and deep threat.

He's a good guy and there was definitely no lack of effort, but he couldn't take advantage of Mason's presence on the other side here.

I hope he becomes Bradford's favorite target.

(If you haven't noticed, this whole set of moves has me feeling weird and uneasy. Nothing to do with what's on the field, either.)

Are you thinking 2011-12?

If so I am concerned too.

One part is the elderly vets, but mostly it is the young players, who is going to demand new contracts.

Edit: Just read what you wrote in the Housh thread, disagree TJ is nothing like Ward.. If anything hate to say it..Heap.. remember Jamal Lewis when he played for the Clowns in 2007! Sure there is emotions, but icons like Ward or Ray Lewis simply is in another league.

Here is the thing about the whole lack of deep threat on our team, I am not worried at all. Can Mason, Boldin, or TJ get open deep against an opposing team's #1 corner? Maybe on occasion. How about against an opposing team's #2 guy? I'm starting to like my chances! Matching Boldin, Mason, or TJ up against a team's #3 cover guy and I really like my chances of our guy getting downfield and making a play! Like Harbaugh said, playmakers find ways to make plays.

There are going to be plenty of times where we will have Boldin, Mason, or TJ in the slot matched up against a team's #3 corner, safety, or OLB. You better believe that our guy is going to be able to get open down the middle of the field. In other words, Darrelle Revis might be able to cover Boldin, and Cromartie might be able to cover Mason. But can their number three guy really keep up with TJ? Sure, maybe speed wise. But TJ is a vet and will know how to use his body and other tricks of the trade to school a #2/3 corner to make a play downfield. Same with Mason and Boldin. And we are talking about the best secondary in the league, imagine what our receivers will do to #2/3 guys on lesser secondaries. Oh yeah, I haven't even mentioned our tight-ends stretching the field yet either... It's all up to Flacco to identify the mismatches and one-on-one situations to throw the ball to these guys where they can make a play.

I think I am missing something here.

Why has not the team placed Stallworth on the PUP list?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I answered my own question.

From the omniscient Wikipedia:

"The term Physically Unable to Perform is the term for a rule in the National Football League which allows teams to designate players as "Physically Unable to Perform" or "PUP". Once they are designated as such, they are prohibited from practicing with the team. They can, however, rehabilitate and participate in team meetings. If a player begins training camp on the PUP list, they can be moved to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player is not allowed to be placed on the PUP list if they start training camp on the active roster, even if they take part in only the first few minutes of the first practice.

A player who begins the regular season on the PUP list must sit out his team's first six games. After that point, a team has three weeks to start having the player practice; once the player begins practicing, the team has another three weeks to put the player on the active roster. If the player is not activated by that time, or if he does not begin practicing within that three week window, he must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season."

So I guess the short answer is, they did not put him on the PUP because they could not.