ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Can you see something here?

vmax

I'm looking. I want to buy in. I'm drinking the purple Kool Aid..got my trusty glue bag out.......but I'm not quite sure that I see it yet....

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-Ravens-Thinking-Big-Really-Big-With-Offensive-Line/78bfe962-a09c-453e-a185-d4abb5e8da98

One way or another, no matter who plays, the Ravens intend to become more forceful up front, harder to budge, stronger at the point of attack.

“If we are going to improve offensively, I think it starts with the offensive line,” Assistant GM Eric DeCosta told my colleague Ryan Mink at the Senior Bowl. “We have to get more physical as an offensive line.”.....Right now, the only certainties are Stanley at left tackle, Yanda at right guard and Lewis somewhere. A handful of free agents are available, including Mangold, but I get the feeling the Ravens want to gauge their internal possibilities first. With a new line coach, Joe D’Alessandris, and a new run-game guru, Greg Roman, on board, surprises could unfold.

Vinny had a massive O line. Jamal had his road graders. Joe had one for that playoff super bowl run.

But...but...some parts are missing.

Jenson's a big nasty boy...but he commits too many penalties.

Goose is big and I see a road grader there.

Still....this offense needs one big nasty attitude. The kind that guys like Zeus and Wally Williams brought. If it can get it from the O line then so much the better.

Screw finesse.

Stanley is NOT a road grader, he was never known for power blocking. I said this when they drafted him, I said this in the other thread, I will keep saying it until people stop trying to fool us into thinking he is or he becomes one.

The later, I will not hold my breath.

They need a good blocking TE too.

This line, whoever the starters are, has got to be able to dish it back.

There's a lot of small DE's, speed guys who you can wear out. But you have to stay engaged our they will break away and make the tackle. Beat them into the dirt.

Then they will stand a chance of winning the 4th quarter. Strength and conditioning are a big part of this.

Morning girls the blind man said as he past the fish market

What I see is more upside and cheaper options

Anyone on the team at this time is better then Jeremy Zuttah even Chuck Clark could do better. Never seen a center get run over like that so many times. Yeah worse then Mike Flynn.

It is all about money and where and who you spend it on. Raiders have a great Oline but if the QB gets hurts they stink. I don't see the Steelers line or the Packers line being that good they just have QBs that can over come, seen that show too many times. The Cowboys, another good line but I bet they won't make the playoffs this coming season. They will have to score 60 points to win games they will get to far behind to use the run game.

Nick Mangold is on hold till the ankle is good and the money is right, might not happen.

Yeah beating a dead horse. :) This team would have made the playoffs last season if not for a bone-head coach.

Yes Flacco's cap number is way too big and he is 32, really 32.

Morning girls the blind man said as he past the fish market

What I see is more upside and cheaper options

Anyone on the team at this time is better then Jeremy Zuttah even Chuck Clark could do better. Never seen a center get run over like that so many times. Yeah worse then Mike Flynn.

It is all about money and where and who you spend it on. Raiders have a great Oline but if the QB gets hurts they stink. I don't see the Steelers line or the Packers line being that good they just have QBs that can over come, seen that show too many times. The Cowboys, another good line but I bet they won't make the playoffs this coming season. They will have to score 60 points to win games they will get to far behind to use the run game.

Nick Mangold is on hold till the ankle is good and the money is right, might not happen.

Yeah beating a dead horse. :) This team would have made the playoffs last season if not for a bone-head coach.

Yes Flacco's cap number is way too big and he is 32, really 32.

You're scarin' me, man.