ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Shawne Merriman to the Ravens?

cravnravn

Is this guy really the answer? I'm betting the answer is.....ummmmmmm no. I hate being so negative, but honestly it's embarrassing watching such a talented team stink it up like they have. It's a miracle that we're not 2-4. If I'm to see the glass half full perspective I could say that good teams find a way to win despite playing badly. We have two games left before it's midseason. I hope we start playing better soon!

I think he would fit perfectly in our scheme. He would thrive on the other side of Suggs.

Huh? Once he got off the roids he became an average Joe...a gimpy one at that.

Pete agrees...

It's the elephant in the room, but let's face it: Shawne Merriman, essentially cut last week by the Chargers, is going to have the scarlet letter "S'' on his chest unless he has at least one more very good year in the NFL.

In his first two San Diego seasons, Merriman had 27 sacks in 27 games, and missed none due to injury. In that second season, he was suspended four games for violating the league's performance-enhancing drug policy. In the third season, he was still good, with 12.5 sacks, but suffered a knee injury late in the season that plagued him into the next offseason, when he should have had surgery but went against the advice of the Chargers and tried to play the next season with no operation. He couldn't. So in the last three years, he has missed 18 games due to injury and had only four sacks.

Knee, calf, shoulder, Achilles. "He's had these muscle deals,'' coach Norv Turner said the other day.

Fair or unfair, one of the byproducts of some performance-enhancers, obviously, is muscle and soft-tissue injuries. Merriman will be shadowed by the steroid suspension until he puts another good season together.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/10/17/mmqb/4.html#ixzz12lAOdLRL

Edited by vmax