ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Concerns

vmax

The Ravens offense is tied for 22nd in scoring.

Webb got beat like a drum by Branch and Brady played him like a fiddle. I just made my 1st grade English teacher proud...:)

3 down lineman pass rush???? Sure...give Tom a half hour to find an open man.

Where's Mt Cody? They can't get pressure without him...how about trying it with him?

And guess what! The Ravens D is 17th against the run...20th in yards per attempt....and it hurt them Sunday. RB's we have never heard of, look like Ray Rice of 2009 against this 2010 D.

Those stats have not been seen in this town in over a decade!

Bring in Cody. It's the Bills...try it Matty.

Ray Rice 2010 is missing something....bring back the 3 headed monster, in all it's ugly glory. If Ray is all there is to the Ravens running game, then stopping/containing him is all teams need to do to keep this offense from exploding. Take that away from them. Give Big Mouth McLain and Willis more touches...rotate them like you did in 2008.

Find some punt and kick return men...the Ravens look sick at that position.

Cam and Joe....you have to find a way to beat the zone and cover two....hint...the 5 thousand yard stare doesn't work. New plays will. Throw out the ones you have been relying on. Change is the only constant in life...well...trolling ranks right up there.

Cam and Joe...when they stack the box...and that's really not that hard to see...it's ok to throw to one of your 500 career reception receivers....they actually can catch anything near them...in fact, they are better than most guys covering them...they will get the ball and burn the box.

Harbaugh...make this the last big game where your guys show up timid with a timid game plan by you and your staff. That's not Raven football.

Edited by vmax

Suggs is collecting a paycheck. I don't agree with long term contracts and all monies should be tied to performance. Theres no gaurantees how a player performs after a contract. What I will say is that a player with character and pride will put out 100% ie Ed Reed. A player without will pull a suggs.

You know who should be pissed off.

Bichiotti.

Yea.... the Ravens are 4-2...probably will make the playoffs, but Steve bought them a Mazuratti and they are driving it 30 mph.

You know who should be pissed off.

Bichiotti.

Yea.... the Ravens are 4-2...probably will make the playoffs, but Steve bought them a Mazuratti and they are driving it 30 mph.

I wonder how much of this he will take before getting involved. Apparently our drivers {coaches} don't know how to get the most out of the car.

You don't get to and win a Super Bowl by being timid.

It's like Billick said about going into the lions den....that team screamed and fought for 60 minutes and never backed down.

They fought. They wouldn't concede to anybody.

This 2010 team and their coaching staff better listen to the one guy left who knows how to win in this league...

"We are going home and then we are going to the bye week,” Ray said. “It’s going to be rough on Buffalo.”

32601642.jpg

My major concern???

Why Joe isnt utilizing his new toys, 1st quarter hes spreading the ball to Housh, Q, Mason & Heap, with succes,after the first quarter, I never noticed Housh on the field. Then after the half, it was Joe was only looking for the safety valve in Rice.

We dont know if its the playcalling, or if its Joe, but I do know that we drafted Joe in the first round, hes our FRANCHISE QB, you have to let him open it up...Joe has 1400 yards passing for the year. With the weapons we have, thats an insult.

How did Buffalo put 30 points on New England?

My major concern???

Why Joe isnt utilizing his new toys, 1st quarter hes spreading the ball to Housh, Q, Mason & Heap, with succes,after the first quarter, I never noticed Housh on the field. Then after the half, it was Joe was only looking for the safety valve in Rice.

We dont know if its the playcalling, or if its Joe, but I do know that we drafted Joe in the first round, hes our FRANCHISE QB, you have to let him open it up...Joe has 1400 yards passing for the year. With the weapons we have, thats an insult.

How did Buffalo put 30 points on New England?

I could live with these numbers if our runninggame was a top five unit like the last couple of years, but the runninggame has been non existing, ridiculos, and an insult. Our runninggame is 15-16 in yards, but 30 in yards/att. I am not sure this have ever been so pathetic, and this with a RB unit who should be dominating and a great supplement, the runninggame stinks, its worse than in Jamals last years, even worse than 2001 when we had nothing.

With the passrush I thought everyone was with the Suggs signing. I thought we could not live without him.

Rex for yrs was hiding passrush and DB problems with bringing the heat from odd directions. This D is about average and nothing more.

I'm still puzzled as to why we replaced the Blitz happy coordinator with a college coordinator. You would think Harbs would have wanted to bring someone in from the Eagles organization. In any case, we absolutely should be blitzing much more than we do! It's what the mentality of this team is, blitz first, think later haha. Really though, this defense is made up of attackers and risk takers, not cover two disciplinarians. Let em loose!

Its funny how the concerns have become magnified after the NE loss. If we had won, these concerns would have been dismissed and had you brought them (God forbid) you would be perceived as a pessimist.

At any rate, this team has not played consistently well and has not yet played well for four full quarters in any one game. We squeaked by the Jets, we laid an egg in Cincy, pulled one out against Cleveland and Pitts, played our best game against Denver, and played not to lose in NE.

My point: this team is damn lucky to be 4-2; we could easily be 2-4 right now.

My concerns dont relate to personnel; instead, they relate to attitude, approach and philosophy.

This team lacks a killer instinct and doesnt play witha sense of urgency for four quarters. Its easy to look back on the 2000 season, but that is what

I'm talking about. That team was relentless for 60 minutes - fought to the end on every play. This team doesnt do that. You dont see or sense a sense of urgency right now. Maybe it will come later.

The team lacks cohesion on both sides of the ball. The offense is good, then bad , then good, then horrible. Maybe its chemistry, coaching, behind the scenes moaning (Houz, Mason, etc.). Its a disfunctional offense right now. Its not as bad as the Cowboys but its not far off given the talent we have on this team.

Lastly, the crippling of Joe or Cam's holding him back needs to be quickly addressed. The coaching staff just needs to let Joe be Joe. The guys has an arm and, like Brady (2 picks last Sunday), needs to take shots downfield on occasion. He's either afraid to give up a pick six or Cam wont let him be take many chances. I remember last year when Joe had words with Cam during a similar situation. If we are going anywhere this season, they have to let the young man mature, make an occasional mistake, but let him play ball.

This Sundays game vs Buffalo may be the best opportunity to "unleash the beast", regain some of our swagger, and play with a real purpose for 60 whole minutes. This team needs it badly !