ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Fins Game

varaven45

Many folks (fans, media) seem to be taking this one as a likely slam dunk win.

Make no mistake: The Fins are a tough group, balanced, very stout on D, and have played good teams very tough. The only blowout was vs NE.

They are a blown call (Stealers) from being 5-2. They dominated the Steelers and held their running game to 2 ypc. They should have won that game.

In my opinion, this game is a tossup and I dont buy the week off from the bye advantage. Plus, the Fins are very balanced, strong on the road

and have dangerous weapons on offense (Bess and Marshall). If we repeat the Buffalo experience, we will get smoked.

This should be a very tough, low scoring game, probably won by a late 4th FG.

I think this wont be a test, Joe is on track..

Since week 3, The Ravens are 4-1, Joe has the highest passer rating of Any QB in the NFL over that time. 9td's to 1 int also best in the NFL of any QB..

Hey Crav,

I liked your "beached up dolphin" better but you are in denial,dude. Unless Harbs told the team to lay down and sandbag it for the first 7 games, this will be a very, very close game. Book it !

No way Va, Im telling you Bazooka Joe is about to uncork it, each week he is progressing more and more.

If Mattison taught the boys on D the meaning of the word "tackle" during the bye, we'll be OK.

You are snockered on the purple kool-aid today, Crav. I rest my case but hold to my opinion.

I hope yoy are right on Joe. Hes going to need a big game. I'm out !

This is the best Dolphins team that they have faced in awhile. Marshall is right...a defining game for them. Either they can hang with the big boys or go back to the drawing board.

The Ravens will get their best shot...they...in return...will get the Ravens. I expect a close one.

On the other hand...everybodies playing 'must win' games so that doesn't scare me.

I think the Ravens overlooked the Bills, so I don't expect as bad a defensive showing as they had against Buffalo. That said, VA is right - they should be 5-2 save a blown call. They have been having problems finishing off drives - I think their kicker has 10 field goals in their last two games - let's just hope they don't solve their TD problem against us.

This is the best Dolphins team that they have faced in awhile. Marshall is right...a defining game for them. Either they can hang with the big boys or go back to the drawing board.

The Ravens will get their best shot...they...in return...will get the Ravens. I expect a close one.

On the other hand...everybodies playing 'must win' games so that doesn't scare me.

A L here, and then another L four days later in Atlanta, and we are pretty much out of the race, at least it is uphill, so this is a must win for us.

A L here, and then another L four days later in Atlanta, and we are pretty much out of the race, at least it is uphill, so this is a must win for us.

furst.jpg"I think I'll practice Constructive Denial on the possibility of that happening."

I expect the Ravens to take care of business Sunday.

I had the buffalo game as an easy gimmie, i wont make the same mistake this week. Im expecting a winnable game, but the way we played defensively against denver and buffalo, i could see miami blasting us in the passing game.

Our crap deep ball coverage(lately) and even worse tackling, coupled with the fact that Brandon Marshall may be the hardest WR to tackle.... could be a long day if we dont punish miami's QB early and often.

Max and Crav,

I guess you guys were right - we did take care of business. Defensively, we controlled the tempo, esp in the 2nd half.

Offensively, though, we have some serious problems in the Red Zone. Does the Offense, O Line, Cam and Joe collectively all pee in their pants upon entering the Red Zone. We might need to start calling it the Ravens "Yellow Zone". Max or Crav, you got a cartoon for that one ?

Somebody has to explain how a team can go from First and Goal at the 3 to 4th and Goal at the 30. Oh, and then muff a FG attempt.