ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Sending a signal to Joe?

oldno82

They have been sending a message to One Read Check Down Joe through the media.

27th ranked offense.

29th ranked passing offense.

Joe's the main player on offense.

They are saying in a 'round about' way, "This can't continue, we're going to get you all the help we can, but you got to get better Joe."

Yup...that's what I got out of it too. He does need weapons but he's really got to step up his play and dedication. I have to wonder, though, if age is also taking a toll on Joe earlier than many other quarterbacks. He just looks somewhat burned out to me.

That's what I've been saying I'd like to see.

They can't wait too long though because even the good second tier ones will probably be gone by when we draft in the 2nd round. Ideally, we'd trade back a few spots in return for an earlier spot in the second where we could take one like Lauletta.

https://www.denverpost.com/2011/02/01/do-players-really-love-money-more-than-the-game/

About 70 percent of the players in the NFL are “paycheck guys.”

That’s the discouraging word from an anonymous NFL player who wrote a guest column for ESPN The Magazine.

“The majority of the guys — I’d say probably close to 70 percent — are in the game only for the money. They don’t care about winning,” writes the player, who’s identified only as an NFL star.

I think he is with the majority.