ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ed Reed shattered a 17-year old record, only to re-break the new one four years later

papasmurfbell

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2018/6/25/17491116/ed-reed-shattered-a-17-year-old-record-only-to-re-break-the-new-one-four-years-later

In 1987, the NFL’s three-way tie for longest interception return was snapped by San Diego Chargers safety, Vencie Glenn, as he opened the scoring against the Denver Broncos and their MVP-winning quarterback, John Elway. In the end, the Chargers lost to their AFC counterpart, but a record standing 38 years crumbled to the ground. Vencie surpassed the 1942 record set by Bob Smith of 102 yards by a single marker.

Ed Reed was a one-of-a-kind. I miss seeing his play and am looking forward to when he goes to the HOF.

He was one of the most instinctive, natural safeties to ever play the game. I will never forget the Sunday night game about 15 years ago and his trifecta against the Skins when Ed knocked the ball out of QB Mark Brunells hands, scooped it up and ran it in for a TD. He changed the game on that one single play and we snuck a W at Fed Ex field.

Ed did amazing stuff like that.....what a joy to watch !

It is really hard to say. I think Troy was a tad better. More consistent and less injured. But I think Sean Taylor was on his way to being the greatest of all time.

I recently ran into a guy who plays rugby and also YT vids. He will watch players or hits suggested by fans. I said he should watch Ray and Ed as just some of the players he should evaluate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2Ggpdbra2A

This is the vid I sent him.

• 2 weeks later...