ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Is it Cam or Joe?

oldno82

I can only see what's on the TV so its hard for me to tell what is going on downfield. So, I'm asking for your guys opinion. Do you think the inability of the passing game to really take off considering the wealth of talented receivers we have is more on Joe or on Cam? Are receivers really wide open downfield and Joe doesn't see them? Is he limited to going with just his first read and then a dump-off because Cam has him on a leash? Do we have any WRs ever get open over the middle and then fail to get the ball to them or is sideline passes the only way Joe can go? Is our pass protection suspect and why?

Just what the hell is going on out there, guys? Especially, you all that have been to the games.

And why the hell doesn't the media give us some insights into this? Isn't that their job?

It's everybody fault.

You can't pin it on one or two persons.

The O line is not getting the job done in the run game (31st in ypc) and in pass protection. It starts and ends there.

Joe is playing well but conservative...scared to turn it over...and I don't think he moves in the pocket well or sees the whole field. Maybe it's lack of time. Joe is good enough to make more big plays than that offense is producing.

Cam has his share of the blame too...he does not adjust to the game quick enough...sometimes not at all...the play calling is not creating rythmn or momentum...or points. I do think he gets the most out of his players but they are not executing properly.

Harbaugh's fault for not putting his foot down earlier and saying this is not acceptable...maybe he did but we'll never know.

Don't wish for another HC or OC. It could take a decade to find replacements as good as them. Every year 5-8 HC heads roll with no real change in those teams fortunes....maybe 20% end up better off...most search for years...that's years of losing football guys.

It's everybody fault.

You can't pin it on one or two persons.

The O line is not getting the job done in the run game (31st in ypc) and in pass protection. It starts and ends there.

Joe is playing well but conservative...scared to turn it over...and I don't think he moves in the pocket well or sees the whole field. Maybe it's lack of time. Joe is good enough to make more big plays than that offense is producing.

Cam has his share of the blame too...he does not adjust to the game quick enough...sometimes not at all...the play calling is not creating rythmn or momentum...or points. I do think he gets the most out of his players but they are not executing properly.

Harbaugh's fault for not putting his foot down earlier and saying this is not acceptable...maybe he did but we'll never know.

Don't wish for another HC or OC. It could take a decade to find replacements as good as them. Every year 5-8 HC heads roll with no real change in those teams fortunes....maybe 20% end up better off...most search for years...that's years of losing football guys.

Well stated. I do not think I could add to it.

Neither, Joe is 1012 yards away from throwing for 4000 yards, hes also on pace for 23 TD's and single digit INTS....Payaton Manning has 11 picks in 4 games!!!!

If thats not progress on Joes part than I dont know what is.

The run game is our albatross,

And dont look now, but all year our D has been slammed by the media and fans, and there they are sitting at #7 overall, with some great opportunities to be a top 5 D once again.

The D had some great opportunities to pad their stats with week offensive teams. I have never liked the way they rank D's in the NFL. If you play a schedule with a lot weak offenses then you can get that D up there. This yr is someone were decent on D in the AFC or NFC west they would have a great ranking since all of those teams will play each other this yr.

I think Max and Crav are right. This goes just beyond Joe or Cam. Joe seems to have what it takes. I watched some tape of this throws to Boldin last week and they were just beautiful. He is the franchise quarterback we're looking for BUT he's not completely there yet. The last pass that bounced to Dickson was poor and important. He did take the blame for that and his explanation was reasonable. No qb is perfect, not even Manning as the last several games have shown. The play were Joe was sacked/stripped by Polamolu was beyond his control and was due to a foul up in pass protection by the line.

The line has had problems being consistent this year. The running game needs a some more emphasis when Ray Rice is in there. Run blocking seems fine at times and horrible at others. Pass protection is inconsistent and hurts Joe and the passing game. I think we may need a coaching change on the OL as they don't seem to be progressing but this is just a guess. Or perhaps the talent on the OL is overrated??

Cam does a lot of things right and a some things very wrong. Again, consistency is what's missing here. If Boldin is double covered most of the time, and it seems he is, we've got to be able to get the ball to Housh and Stallworth. I'd like to see us try a spread formation as that seems to give teams like both the Pats and Jets fits. We've got the quality receivers to spread out the defenses. It would be neat to see a 3-4 wide receiver set and Joe in the 'gun but Cam hasn't been doing it. Maybe he doesn't trust the pass protection.

Anyway, I appreciate the thoughtful answers.

Lets beat the Texans!!!