ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Time to make some Saints stars

papasmurfbell

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/12/14/cousins-officially-moves-up-depth-chart/

Oniel Cousins’ stint with the starters against the Houston Texans was not an experiment, as his name was officially promoted on the Ravens’ latest depth chart.

Cousins started his first game of the season – and the fourth of his three-year career – at right tackle in the Ravens’ 34-28 overtime victory.

Cousins’ addition to the first team let Marshal Yanda slide down to right guard, his more natural position.

And, it also meant the Ravens could use former starting right guard Chris Chester, one of the Ravens’ most athletic linemen, rove as a blocking tight end in a jumbo package.

It is unknown whether Cousins’ starting role is permanent, but the depth-chart change means Cousins is at least expected to be with the ones this weekend against the New Orleans Saints.

Despite the new offensive line, the Ravens allowed five sacks, one of which came from the right side when Chester set up next to Cousins, and only averaged 2.6 yards on 24 attempts.

Cousins, however, was not called for a single penalty.

“It puts a little more size on the field for us,” Ravens Head Coach John Harbaugh said in his weekly radio show on WBAL. “If you put Oniel Cousins out there at tackle, Marshal out there at guard and Chris Chester out there at tight end, which he played in college, it just gives us a bigger, more physical front to move people around a little bit more. We want to be able to do that and have that as an option.

“We didn’t quite get the production that we wanted, but it was the first week, and I’m really hopeful that that will help us start knocking around a little bit more.

Everyone coming at that rt side is gonna be great. Cousins just doesn't have it.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/12/14/cousins-officially-moves-up-depth-chart/

Everyone coming at that rt side is gonna be great. Cousins just doesn't have it.

Forget the right side, we already have problems on that left side with Oher. That Saints defensive line are going to look like superstars on Sunday. Cam just needs to go four receiver sets and have Flacco in the shotgun the whole game. Unless we are going to change our playbook to a more finesse oriented running game, don't even try and run the ball because it's not going to work.

I don't know why you entirely overlooked what I said. I know he's going to struggle. That's basically even money. But the benefit of moving Yanda inside is worth it, and there's no reason to say that Cousins won't get better, considering as I said that he has played all of four games in his career.

I do thin that Yanda moving to his more comfortable position is a very good thing. It will give someone to throw a little help Birks way. Now one thing I was just thinking of that could make it work OK is bring Chester back out to go heavy on that side. Who knows maybe that is the plan. I just have given up on Cousins.

I do thin that Yanda moving to his more comfortable position is a very good thing. It will give someone to throw a little help Birks way. Now one thing I was just thinking of that could make it work OK is bring Chester back out to go heavy on that side. Who knows maybe that is the plan. I just have given up on Cousins.

While I don't think he's quite toast yet, Cousins is very close to being a complete bust if he doesn't show a great deal of improvement in these last 3 weeks.

Another guy not getting it done in the run game is Birk.

The Ravens have Pita and Dickson who can run and catch...why use Chester as a TE. That just telegraphs it's going to be a run and then when Pita and Dickson are in, "it's a pass".