ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens serve notice to fellow contenders

cravnravn

BALTIMORE – For all they had accomplished in 2010, the Baltimore Ravens went into Sunday’s showdown with the defending Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints as a team widely defined by its shortcomings.

Halfback Ray Rice(notes), to the chagrin of fantasy players with high draft picks everywhere, hadn’t enjoyed the breakout season many had predicted, something largely attributed to lackluster line play. Defensively, Ray Lewis(notes) and friends had experienced some conspicuous breakdowns, narrowly surviving a Monday night meltdown in Houston in the team’s most recent outing.

1292836464.jpg?&sig=UR_cU24C9FJkj5Z4d.tHVA-- Rice had his most productive outing of the season against the Saints.

(Mitch Stringer/US Presswire) To much of the outside world, it looked as though Baltimore had hit a wall.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApdfUkIqPomVixQPvCdF1F1DubYF?slug=ms-morningrush122010

Crav,

It was just 1 game but it was a huge win. I did not get to watch; just the ESPN/NFL Highlights. Do you know if its going to be shown on NFL Replay this week ?

Lets see if we can build on this one. I am very curious to see how we respond in Cleveland against the upstart Browns (McCoy, Hillis, etc). The Browns may have lost to the Bengals but may be playing for Mnagini's job. It will be a hard fought game.

:gorave:

You didnt see the game?? Thats not good...

It hasnt been released yet which games they will show, but bank on Iggles-G-men being one of the games.

Crav,

Indeed. You can bet on Eagles-GMen. I am hoping our game (being one of the marquee games) makes it on NFL Replay.

I had other committments yesterday.

You and Max had the Saints game called. Now dammit, keep up the good work this Sunday !!!! :gorave:

Im more worried about the Browns than Iam of the Saints.

Crav,

Are you suddenly becoming a realist or pessimist ? :tongue:

Seriously, I really expect the Browns to be pumped at home/play a helluva game. They would love nothing better to knock off two playoff teams (us, then Steelers) to close out the season and give them something going into 2011 season.

McCoy has looked excpetional, the Cleveland O line & Hillis ran over us at home, and the D has been pretty solid all year.

Plus, they did knock off NE and NO; they will be formidable on Sunday, even with a rookie QB.

Guest BallTMore

I think if we hit the Browns in the mouth early they'll pack it in a bit.

Maybe their offense will put up a fight, but the matchup I like is our O vs. their D. I think we win that all day, especially if we let Ray Rice lead the way.

Honestly though, we may not want a Ravens blow-out. If we whip their ass you can bet they won't put up a fight against Pittsburgh. They'll be ready to call it a season.

Oh, and right now it seems like the Jet/Steelers, Gmen/Eagles, NE/GB are the replay games this week. The only way I see the Ravens being on is if tonight's game is a blowout, even then they may show if because of the weather conditions. If Favre plays...forget it. All games will be canceled to replay it on a loop.

Funny, all is well in Ravenland and there's no posts or topics lol. In any case, I'm here to say, wow what a game, and here's to finishing the season strong! Hopefully Cleveland will play hard regardless of how we beat em! They loathe the Steelers as much as we do. If they can knock em out, they'll get up and try to do it.

The Bunguls are toast, they have one receiver. We'll tear through them this time, Joe is ready. The force is strong with that one.

Crav,

It was just 1 game but it was a huge win. I did not get to watch; just the ESPN/NFL Highlights. Do you know if its going to be shown on NFL Replay this week ?

va...$30...https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/registerform....I love it.

The Bunguls are toast, they have one receiver. We'll tear through them this time

Tell yourself whatever makes you feel better yagermeister. Cincy and more importantly Carson Palmer has owned the Ravens for several years, and will continue to do so even without one of our diva WR's. In Baltimore no less.

Next week is Clevelands Super Bowl, yes Im concerned..The Browns finish with us and Pittsburgh, that could be some serious feathers in their hat for next season.

I totally agree, especially how the ravens barely took care of them at home, and how we haven't been so great on the road. On the other hand, rookie QB right? should be enough to get over, and then come back to avenge the Bengals debacle (which apparently on our end guaranteed Pittsburgh's playoff clinch, UGGHHH!!)

Tell yourself whatever makes you feel better yagermeister. Cincy and more importantly Carson Palmer has owned the Ravens for several years, and will continue to do so even without one of our diva WR's. In Baltimore no less.

Billy...I actually think the Bengal passing game will be better without Batman and Slobbin but you got less than 2 weeks to enjoy the Bengals streak over the Ravens. I don't know what else will be left to look forward to with that franchise.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

I've always been impressed at the lack of homerism from BengalBilly, but dear god, anyone who seriously believes they have a shot at beating us at the state that team is at right now and without Owens should be checked into a mental institution.

I cannot deny history and the stats, however last year was last year. The Bunguls are no longer that team. They're not even a shell of the team they were earlier this year. Carson will not be enough for ya'll to win. Also, take notice, the rest of the league has. Flacco can beat the cover two now. That's evidenced by his 7th ranked rating in the league. These tqo franchises are heading in opposite directions.

I've always been impressed at the lack of homerism from BengalBilly, but dear god, anyone who seriously believes they have a shot at beating us at the state that team is at right now and without Owens should be checked into a mental institution.

Well the I'm off the meds now. The running game is finally back on track, and Carson Palmer has begun to see the point of only throwing to teams wearing the same jersey as he wears.

Trouble awaits...

Well the I'm off the meds now. The running game is finally back on track, and Carson Palmer has begun to see the point of only throwing to teams wearing the same jersey as he wears.

Trouble awaits...

Cmon, the Bengals have played 1 maybe 2 decent games since week 2. I agree your team has talent, however your team also has divas and mutiny. Ya'll got back on track against the Browns, let's stay realistic.

To the Bunguls credit, they're easily the most talented team drafting at the top of the draft. The right player or two could make them very scary. But that's a topic for after the playoffs!

Were you laughing after week 2 when we handed your Ravens their asses? You feel it coming as much as I do force.

And were you laughing at your team after weeks 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, or 14? Because you lost each of those weeks.

I'm very confident that your team will be pounded into oblivion this weekend. That's what I "feel".

And were you laughing at your team after weeks 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, or 14? Because you lost each of those weeks.

I'm very confident that your team will be pounded into oblivion this weekend. That's what I "feel".

It will certainly be tough against the Chargers this weekend for the Bengals. I equally feel that your beloved Ravens will not be having a walk in the park in the battle of the Browns 1.0 vs the Browns 2.0. The point of my post was about the last game of the season when Cincinnati returns to Baltimore.

Your playoffs will likely ride on it, don't you think?

It will certainly be tough against the Chargers this weekend for the Bengals. I equally feel that your beloved Ravens will not be having a walk in the park in the battle of the Browns 1.0 vs the Browns 2.0. The point of my post was about the last game of the season when Cincinnati returns to Baltimore.

Your playoffs will likely ride on it, don't you think?

I'm very confident that your team will be pounded into oblivion next weekend, too, if that's what you're asking.