ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Drew called up

cravnravn

I heard Heap will be ready.

“I was just talking to [Head Trainer] Bill [Tessendorf] right now, and he’s fairly optimistic he’s going to play this week,” Harbaugh said.

Harbaugh said he’s “certain” Heap will play some time before the end of the season, meaning he’s not a candidate for Injured Reserve

“I think Todd needs two or three good days of practice, realistically,” Harbaugh said. “If that tips our hand a little bit, so be it. We’re going to try to get him ready for this game because we think we’re going to need him.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/12/20/heap-could-play-against-browns/

Not to take anything away from Dickson but the O misses Heap. He's having an outstanding season.

Speaking of Dickson...that TD play was a perfect call against the blitz. Exactly how you burn the box. The kind of play I've been waiting years to see.

With all the receiving weapons the Ravens have, I see no way teams should stack the box and not pay. The Ravens should want a stacked box.

58360848.jpg

Edited by vmax

I heard another team was talking about him and they wanted to save him. Heap has at least 2 more weeks before he can go. Many times hammys take 6 weeks.

Yeah, the Ravens said that they called him up in order to keep him from another team. However, they are saying Heap has a good chance to go. I'm fine with it, Drew likely won't be active, and even if he is, there are a lot of things TE's can do on Special Teams to make them worth the roster spot.

Drew who? I'm assuming he's a TE, why do we need so many TEs? I do like Dickson, I'm not sure that Heap could have scored on that play, Heap's not so good running after the catch.

Devon Drew,TE from East Carolina, I think we got him in the 4th round 09 draft, high expectations, total flop in camp, came in a bit overweight, and just faltered all camp long, Came to camp this year, slimmed down and after a year of studying the play book, re claimed "it".

Devon Drew,TE from East Carolina, I think we got him in the 4th round 09 draft, high expectations, total flop in camp, came in a bit overweight, and just faltered all camp long, Came to camp this year, slimmed down and after a year of studying the play book, re claimed "it".

Thanks Crav. So we drafted three TEs in two years.....hmmmm a corner, saftey, or LB probably could have helped. Who knows, they could have flopped too, however drafting that many TEs in two years is Matt Millenish, only difference is it wasn't done in the first round.

Thanks Crav. So we drafted three TEs in two years.....hmmmm a corner, saftey, or LB probably could have helped. Who knows, they could have flopped too, however drafting that many TEs in two years is Matt Millenish, only difference is it wasn't done in the first round.

They badly needed a backup, + a potential starter in the future, and if we got a starter and a backup from that group, I take that any day.

Btw Pitta or Dickson migth have the potential to be WRs.

I'm one of those guys who doesn't think you can have enough TE's. Especially with the way we run our offense and the success we can have off of play-action, it helps to have a lot of athletic big guys who not only can catch down the field but also block effectively in the running game. Guys who are 6'5 and 250 yet can run are pretty much crucial to all forms of special teams as well...that should not be overlooked.

I'm one of those guys who doesn't think you can have enough TE's. Especially with the way we run our offense and the success we can have off of play-action, it helps to have a lot of athletic big guys who not only can catch down the field but also block effectively in the running game. Guys who are 6'5 and 250 yet can run are pretty much crucial to all forms of special teams as well...that should not be overlooked.

Very good point, I didn't consider their value to special teams.