ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Kindle could miss 2011 as well

OutsideRzAcE

If that is the case, that is very disappointing. He will more than likely not pan out. How many guys really come back and play well missing their first two two years after college? I imagine it will be nearly impossible for this guy to get into game shape and get used to takig hits at an NFL level. Very, very disappointing.

If that is the case, that is very disappointing. He will more than likely not pan out. How many guys really come back and play well missing their first two two years after college? I imagine it will be nearly impossible for this guy to get into game shape and get used to takig hits at an NFL level. Very, very disappointing.

Is there any time of exemption or reimbursement the Ravens can receive for a player suffering a career-ending off the field injury like this?

This is a sad development on many levels. Most importantly, a talented kid may lose out on his God-given ability to make a great living and have a super career. After that, its true he could have really been a plus for our defense. I'm holding out hope that maybe he'll still play in 2011.

Oh...it was here...

Ravens rookie Sergio Kindle's troubled first season took another hit Sunday morning when he was arrested and charged with drunken driving in Howard County, an incident the player called a "mistake."

According to court records and police, Kindle was pulled over at 4:09 a.m. after an officer observed his vehicle weaving as he drove northbound on Route 1 near Route 32 in Savage.

The former University of Texas star, who was driving a vehicle with Texas plates, was ticketed for speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol and failure to obey traffic control devices.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-kindle-arrest-20101226,0,7215987.story

Edited by vmax

He won't be resigned. Especially if this DUI comes with any jailtime or suspension... it will almost certainly come with a league suspension (he's signed, so he's eligible, right?) and should come with jail time. 2 DUIs and an accident from 'texting' (sure).

It is just hard to get rid of Kindle so quickly being he was our first pick and we don't even know what we have yet. I know hindsight is 20-20, but Cody has been a complete waste of a pick so far too. Instead of Kindle, imagine how much we could have used Devon McCourty (Pro-Bowler CB for the Pats who went 27th). Nevertheless, a lot of the picks in that area of the late first round/early second round have been disappointing as well. Might as well keep the guy, just keep him on a short leash. We really need pass rush help.

I see your point, but if we can't count on him, why waste any further time? If he kept himself in check, that would be one thing. A history and trend has definitely developed. Notice I stated developed, not developing. We should concentrate on people taking themselves seriously.

On the flip side, the guy probably is depressed and I'm sure he doesn't have a solid support system around him, ie family and friends. They're probably more interested in taking from him rather than giving to him and helping him. As Vick is displaying and hopefully will continue to display, second chances can be very productive. Even Ray has proven that although we sometimes forget how badly Ray's future could have turned out.

I'm at an impasse.

But it's not a matter of cutting him. He's not signed for next season. He signed a one year deal so we could retain his rights. So it's not a matter of a penalty for letting him go... or even that the money is already invested so might as well try. We'd have to go out of our way to sign him and GIVE him money.

And you're going to do that not only to a guy who will probably be facing a suspension from the league and perhaps other penalties from, you know, the real criminal court system. But also to a guy who may not actually be physically allowed to play?

But it's not a matter of cutting him. He's not signed for next season. He signed a one year deal so we could retain his rights. So it's not a matter of a penalty for letting him go... or even that the money is already invested so might as well try. We'd have to go out of our way to sign him and GIVE him money.

We'd be able to offer Kindle a EFA offer sheet, so it would be very cheap to keep him. We are going to keep him for next season.

You're going to give any kind of money to a guy who has a double chance of not being able to play... both physically through injury and legally through criminal action or suspension?

I was pissed when we signed Samari Rolle for last year... knowing we had to PUP him and then it turned into a season. Do that again?

Ugh.

Kindle's light in the head to begin with. Then he cracks that head and I believe he was drunk when he did that.

Now he's added alcohol to a cracked light head.

No shot he can bring anything positive to this team.

Unless he gets help and changes fast, the guy's is serious trouble. He's probably out of football with no money and all he knows is to drink.

Tragic really.

He fucked over Ozzie and the team. Ozzie didn't have to offer him a contract and pay him great money to try and get healthy. He pays Ozzie back by drinking and driving!

His priorities are...party.

Of course now he's very remorsefull and sorry. Give him a new contract and I bet he celebrates that by getting drunk.

As you can see...I'm very pissed with this jackass.

You're going to give any kind of money to a guy who has a double chance of not being able to play... both physically through injury and legally through criminal action or suspension?

I was pissed when we signed Samari Rolle for last year... knowing we had to PUP him and then it turned into a season. Do that again?

Ugh.

If that was the case why did we sign him to a one-year deal this season? There's a big difference between giving a guy a 4-year, $10 million contract (Rolle in 2009) and giving a guy a $350K or so minimum offer. There is a really low risk with keeping a guy as talented as Kindle. If he messes up again or can't play, cut him, there is no guaranteed money involved.