ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

5 Ravens All Pro

vmax

Billy Cundiff's magical season reached another high Tuesday when the Ravens' journeyman kicker was named to the AFC's 2010 Pro Bowl team.

Cundiff, who had spent time with eight other NFL teams before coming to Baltimore, was one of five Ravens selected for the Pro Bowl, to be played in Hawaii after the Super Bowl. He is joined by perennial selectees Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, and also by Haloti Ngata and Terrell Suggs.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-ravens-pro-bowl-selection-1228,0,411923.story

Could be more Ravens on it...

Cundiff's kicking mate, punter Sam Koch, was named a first alternate for the AFC along with left guard Ben Grubbs and fullback Le'Ron McClain. They would go to Hawaii if a player selected ahead of them is unable to go.

Quarterback Joe Flacco and left tackle Michael Oher were named third alternates. Running back Ray Rice, wide receiver Anquan Boldin and strong safety Dawan Landry are fourth alternates.

The Ravens will send at least five players to the Pro Bowl for the third straight year.

Could be more Ravens on it...

SOMEONE on our offense should be there... Koch deserves it but Lechler is also so great it's going to be tough for him to crack it in the near future.

Landry and McClain should not be anywhere NEAR Hawai'i if you ask me. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the selections, though I might argue that Ed shouldn't be there.

Guest BallTMore

SOMEONE on our offense should be there... Koch deserves it but Lechler is also so great it's going to be tough for him to crack it in the near future.

Landry and McClain should not be anywhere NEAR Hawai'i if you ask me. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the selections, though I might argue that Ed shouldn't be there.

Why would you argue against Ed? He's one INT away from the league leader, and that's after missing 6 games.

I think all the Ravens that made it this season are well-deserving. Sam Koch should have been the starting punter. That's my only complaint.

:gorave:

I am thrilled that Cundiff made it. His leg on kickoffs has been a true weapon for us, and he has been very accurate this season. The guy has worked hard to be where he is and I am glad that the fans, players, and coaches gave him the proper recognition. Give the guy a long-term deal NOW.

Sam Koch is another guy that probably should be in the Pro Bowl. However, when you are being pitted against one of the greatest punters of all-time in Shane Lechler, there is nothing you can do.

Suggs, Ray, Reed, and Ngata all deserve to go. Sure, Ray hasn't had as good a season as we are used to, but he is still better than what else is out there in the AFC. You can ask the same question with Ed Reed, the guy has 6 INTs in nine games, can you really make an arguement that there is anyone better out there than Reed or Polamalu in the AFC?

McClain is a good choice for a first alternate. We saw in the Pittsburgh game how much we missed him. Pass protection suffered and we had no power run game. Leach has done a great job blocking for Foster in Houston and Leach deserves to go.

I'm a huge Reed fan, but even though he has made some picks, he hasn't been himself this year. His first few games back he made a bunch of awful plays and then in Houston he was downright terrible. He was a HUGE part of that 4th quarter collapse. Ray also has definitely lost a step but he's still damn good and his impact as a leader alone earns him a spot.

Guest BallTMore

Really? Landry? He has been on the wrong end of some crucial opponent scores this yearri.

Players that make it to the pro bowl want to relax and have a good time. They don't want to worry about being hit. The players know if they vote Landry in they won't have to worry about being tackled.

• Upvote 2

I tell ya, we should be moving Ray to outside backer this offseason. He would be able to be very very good at that spot for about 2 more years. I bet he has twice the impact at the outside spot that he has at the inside spot. We should draft a middle backer if someone becomes available while Ray could still give the guy pointers. I hope a Vilma type guy drops in the draft this year. It would be perfect timing. Do you really think WRs or RBs want to see Ray on the outside unblocked! Yikes. The move was made with Seau and awesome results the first couple of years that he played the position. Ray is IMHO much better and faster than Seau was which makes Ray even more suited to transition to the outside backer.

Sorry off topic some but someone brought up that Ray hasn't had seasons we're used to but he's still better than anyone else in the AFC at that position. Just got me thinkin.