ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Congratulations from a Steelers Fan

Preacher

Once again, real football prevailed. Congratulations on making the playoffs.

My wish now? You all win, go play the Pats* and win, then come to Pittsburgh for another AFCCG.

Why? Not because I think it would an easy game. Just the opposite. Rather, as I said on my homeboard, it would be just the "Slap your mother kick your father throw the dog over the fence backyard brawl" that football should be--and Good-deal hates seeing played.

Here's to seeing you all in three weeks. For the first time in my life, I will be rooting for the Ravens in the playoffs (least for the first two games).

OK. What's up Preacher?

Steeler fans don't talk like this. They don't have enough brain power to be conflicted. This has been verified by countless psychological studies from the United States Department of Social Services too numerous to mention.

You're married to a Ravens fan...right? :)

That would explain your good manners and taste....explain this 'dark night of the soul' you are going through by wishing the Ravens well.

While I really want to see the Ravens play the Steelers in the playoffs, I would love to see them lose anytime.

So let me guess....the Pats scare you and you need us to do your dirty work.

Do I hit the mark? :)

PS: dee...please don't ban me for talking to this guy. I am not conflicted. My mind remains sound.

I think.

Max,

There's no angle or hitch here. Its simple - all Steeler fans loathe the Ravens and they simply want us to knock off the Pats for them. I get the same treatment in the gym from local Steeler fans. They know Brady and the Pats own them, we were the last team that beat the Pats in Foxboro, and hence we are their only chance of paving the way for the Steelers. Whatever will give them the AFC championship game at Heinz Field.

Thats it. All due respect to Preacher man, Steeler fans dont give a rip about Ravens unless we can pave their way.

:kool:

OK. What's up Preacher?

Steeler fans don't talk like this. They don't have enough brain power to be conflicted. This has been verified by countless psychological studies from the United States Department of Social Services too numerous to mention.

Yikes, both my older bros are Steelers fans, and they do respect the Ravens, not just because of me either, but because they do smack the crap out of people, including big ben. Genuine steelers fans are about as morose and critical of their own team as we ever are about the Ravens, so they understand our frustrations. But yeah Preach was coming on a bit sticky. Careful with the psych and SS comments, both of my bros are within an anonymous accusation of getting themselves or their spawn taken away (those are the WV variety of stillers fans :) )

Hey Preach,

My wish now? You all win, go play the Pats* and win, then come to Pittsburgh for another AFCCG.

what's up with the orphaned asterisk? Not willing to put in the note that hey, you're also suggesting you'd rather play the colts than ravens first? Why's that? Hm... And anyway shouldn't it be "youn's guys" and not "you all"? And I agree, another AFCN AFCCG would be intriguing, but honestly I don't give a crap whether or when we play you guys; but if we do, the winner BETTER go to the SB and win it.

Hilarious. Ok, to answer your questions,

That is your first problem. Never trust a government study!

You're married to a Ravens fan...right? :)
Worse, I married a Jersey Girl. **really hope she doesn't read this forum. :cryin:

So let me guess....the Pats scare you and you need us to do your dirty work.

Do I hit the mark? :)

Am I worried about the Pats*? Yes (I'll get to the asterisk in a little bit). I would be foolish not to with their record against us. This year however, they seemed to peek about the middle of the year. Their defense is pretty horrid as well. Our offense and defense is peaking right about now, plus we are getting healthy players back (we were missing both DE's in that game, Keisel is back now, and Smith may actually make it back for the playoffs, not to mention losing Kemo who is our go to guy for Guard Pull runs, the staple of our run offense). Our two WR rookies are really starting to understand the game at this level and Wallace is beginning to know most of the route tree (not bad for a second year player). All of that to say, It won't be the same game it was in November against the Pats*.

However, it is a more of a respect for the way the Ravens play the game, the properway the game is supposed to be played. An AFCCG between our two teams represents, IMO, a throwback to an era where men who didn't care about their stats, newest PR scheme, or getting on ESPN played the game right (and the league was still about football, not ONLY the dollar). That is why, when the Ravens and Steelers play in the AFCCG, the second biggest stage football has, I think Good-deal cries himself to sleep at night asking the football gods why Manning or Brady or both aren't playing. After all, those pretty-boys (moving to Good-deal's inner monologue)make it all exciting with those touchdown thingies so I can squeeze another dollar out of next contracts

Thats it. All due respect to Preacher man, Steeler fans dont give a rip about Ravens unless we can pave their way.

Not quite. Ever hear of the phrase, "familiarity breeds contempt?" When the familiarity is due to the method of playing football employed by both teams, another phrase is extant, "Grudging respect."

you're also suggesting you'd rather play the colts than ravens first? Why's that? Hm...
Simple. Bigger stage to rub Good-deals nose in the game!

And anyway shouldn't it be "youn's guys" and not "you all"?
LOL no. I did not grow up in Pittsburgh, though I grew up a Steelers fan. Became one due to my father. Long story short, while I can speak Yinzerese, It's not my native tongue. :thumbup:

And I agree, another AFCN AFCCG would be intriguing, but honestly I don't give a crap whether or when we play you guys; but if we do, the winner BETTER go to the SB and win it.

My thoughts exactly. A few years ago, I remember commentators talking about how weak the AFCN was. I got so sick of it that I actually started rooting for the Browns (choke) Bengals (puke) and Rave.... well, I didn't go THAT far :laugh: I just believe that the AFC and NFC North teams usually represent football the way it was supposed to be played.

And for the *: The Pats* knowingly violated rules to get an advantage. Opposing players have said that before they were even set, the defense was calling out of their set and shifting to what the Offense was intending to do. There are rules that get broke all the time, and are part of the game to break (holding, PI to stop a TD, etc.). Then there are rules which are meant to keep fair play. The Pats* violated the latter, when a well established rule was already written concerning the issue. For that reason, I cannot legitimize what the team did, or does. I don't want to clog this thread as to why, since this is a Raven's thread. But if anyone is interested in pursuing the discussion, I'll give my reasons in the general NFL forum.

Steeler fans don't talk like this.

Actually, quite a few do. Its the idiots that derive personal legitimacy from a sports team they have no actual connection to other than "my favorite team" that spew smack. I don't mind kidding around, but in the end, its just football. No one's life is at stake, my future isn't affected by the game, and I don't play for either team, so I can be honest about both.

Fair 'nuff preach; so how's about that orphaned ** after 'jersey girl'? :) wait, maybe I don't wanna know. Keep that to yinzelf. anyway yeah I'd love to see round three, gives me and my bros more to talk about than Rex Ryan's toe fetish or Brady's' hairdo. I do appreciate how hard the Steel Curtain has been this year, and they have been worthy of that moniker IMO. I lived in the Burgh from '77 to '79 so I remember those teams well, and it took me a good number of years (and moves to various states) to lose my kid-size Bradshaw jersey, even while moving through Bills, cardinals, colts, back to steelers, and finally Ravens territory. Only the Cannonball Run would spoil my view of #12, and the memories of Stallwarth and Swann and Harris and Lambert blah blah you get the point; my schooling in football was totally black-n-gold. Now as a Ravens fan I have an urgent desire to put the Stillers down like a sick dog, but I know they'll be back every year for the forseeable future. Hopefully so will we.

Good deal. I always say... its one thing to battle a common enemy, one you know like your brother. But when someone else comes in and messes with the both of you, its easier to find an alley in a common enemy then.

anyways lol welcome precher. :gorave: I can dig a Ravens @ Steelers for the AFC title v.2 .

What is all this talk about the Steelers in the AFC Title game. We are going to be playing them in the next round after Rex gets his Payton Manning jinx sorted and the Jets go up to Foxboro.

Ideal scenario, we get the Jets at home for the AFC Title game with an offense that has just put up 70 points in 2 road playoff games! :biggrin: