ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

AFC Divisional Playoffs: Ravens at Steelers

thundercleetz

AFC Divisional Playoffs: Ravens at Steelers  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was really encouraged by the KC game, but KC is a JV team compared to the Steelers. Nevertheless, I liked some of the little things we did against KC that I think would translate to the Steelers game. We attacked the middle of the field with crossing routes designed to pick up YAC, as we had our receivers setting pics to get the primary receiver open. We haven't done this all season and this is the perfect way to counter Pittsburgh's bltizes, as they love to slam the A and B gaps with stunts, twists, and delayed blitzes. I also saw Flacco going through his reads and hitting secondary receivers. I see Heap as a huge key to this game. We made a concerted effort to get Heap the ball last week, Heap is a mismatch for that Steelers defense.

The pass defense has played very well the past few weeks. Ben did not have a throw for over 14 yards in the last meeting. Suggs is a huge mismatch for the Steelers and he and Ngata were practically unblockable as we got to Ben often in the last meeting. Pass rush will be key once again. I think the run game on both sides will be ineffective again like it was the last meeting.

As I was 100% confident we would beat the Chiefs, I am only about 40% for this game. I really want to say the Ravens will win, but I just cannot. I have no confidence in our line to keep Flacco standing. We did a good job of containing Woodley and Harrison in the pass rush last meeting, but you can only keep these guys at bay for so long. Oher has been playing poorly and had his lunch handed to him by Tamba Hali last week, we are not strong up the middle, and while Yanda is a Pro Bowl-calibur guard, he is just out of place at tackle. I just do not see how we can win this game if we cannot run the ball and are constantly facing 3rd & 6-9 yards. If we can protect Flacco, I like our chances a lot more.

If we can keep Flacco standing and stop the run and get to Ben on defense, I love our chances of winning. Flacco has had success throwing the ball against Pittsburgh this weekend. We need big games from Rice and Boldin to have a chance to score on offense. We have so many potential mismatches for the Steelers defense, we just need to use them. When it comes down to it I just think the Steelers pass rush, Ben's big play ability, and the home field advantage are too much to overcome.

My prediction: 17-13 Steelers

I would love to be proved wrong though. This would be an enormous win for us and would shift the momentum of the rivarly in my opinion, as I still do not believe we have the complete respect of the Steelers fans (and I feel they are justified as well, we have not beaten ben since 2006).

12-10 Ravens, Jamal Charles is a premiere back in the league, WE SHUT HIM DOWN, we adjusted because we had not seen him before. We know Mendenhall, we ended his season 2 years ago, we've held him to 3.1 yards a carry in 94 attempts..With the way Suggs is playing, I dont know Cleet I think you will be shocked..

I have a feeling this team is finally peaking at the right time. We're playing lights out right now and let's not forget, we absolutely controlled the majority of the game the last time we played. I know it was in Bmore, but cmon, we're used to playing in Pitt by now, our guys are NOT (should always proof read lol) scared. The same goes with them, they're not afraid of Bmore. Whatever assistance either home field provides I feel is very negligible as both teams know each other and come ready to play.

I feel the crowds would come into effect and have an impact if a couple of crazy plays happen and one team begins to roll away. The crowd would help put the game away. In a close game, I don't think the crowd will have a huge impact, only because each team knows the other so well.

Guest BallTMore

My nerves are already shot. I can't place a vote. :scared:

The only thing I'm confident about it this will be another nail-biter, and I can't stand it already. One of these teams needs to save the fans some health problems and just whip the shit out of the other. I doubt it will happen, though.

A win tomorrow would make this season a success, in my eyes. A loss would send me into a deep depression until the Steelers get knocked out, and if they win it all, I may jump off the Key Bridge.

PLEASE win this game Ravens!

I voted Ravens but that is just the homer in me. At home I like our chances, on the road if I had to put money on one team, it'd be the Steelers. Good news is I already talked so much shit this week that I've already made up for all the shit i'll probably take next week.

Wow. Just me and cleetz voted for a Stealers win?

Nope, I did too. I'd rather see Baltimore win, but I just don't see it happening. The Steelers pass rush against your boy Joey is going to be horrendous.

Guest BallTMore
Oh I definately say so, Im confident as hell, that you wont see the Human Hairball coming in untouched.

Eh...

Wouldn't shock me to see him come free again. I remember Cam saying he "fixed" that problem. A week later, Bernard Pollard came through untouched three times.

You can bet the Steelers will line him up at the LOS again. He may not actually rush, but he'll do it to get in Joe and the O-line's head. Should be interesting to see how they respond.

Nobody will run...Push.

The Steeler LB's and corners can't cover all the high caliber receivers the Ravens will send out. Ravens have, by far, the better Special Teams unit. The Ravens are monsters on the road and with

A win at Pittsburgh on Saturday and Flacco will be the winningest road playoff quarterback in NFL history, with a career mark of 5-2.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/01/13/ravens-steelers/index.html#ixzz1B3uHCoNe

The Ravens have the better team. Both teams will go 'all out'. Ravens will win.

107144600-09164637.jpg

The Steelers are what they were. Question is are the Ravens gonna be the team they were. If the Ravens play like their regular season the game will be close as expected probably the Steelers win. If they can build off the KC game. The Ravens will win. My gut says the Ravens have things to prove to the fans,NFL and most importantly themselves. Do this and the Ravens win easier then antisipated. Ravens 24 Steelers 17

The Steelers are what they were. Question is are the Ravens gonna be the team they were.
I like that pete, and have thought about this since the Ravens beat down KC. I recall as a kid hear hank stram talking about the playoffs and how a team just has to be who thay are. That is the one thing I like, we know who the Steelers are, as you said but do we really know the Ravens, do they have that thing on the O side of the ball that says this is what we are?

Nope, I did too. I'd rather see Baltimore win, but I just don't see it happening.

Sometimes I hate being right. Boldin and Houshmandzadeh let you guys down tonight. Flacco and Rice didn't help either.