ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Our Needs

cravnravn

Mike Pouncey has been awful as a C but he would be a great G in the NFL. Florida has had a lot of trouble with Shotgun snaps and QB/C exchanges this season so the last thing we need is more trouble for Flacco handling the snap.

I still want Gabe Carimi to man our RT spot and stick with Oher at LT that is if Gaither is definitely done in Baltimore and then pick up a C a little later in the draft.

There are also going to be a lot of versatile DEs available at our pick. Guys like Cameron Heyward, JJ Watt and Adrian Clayborne that could play LE in a 4-3 or DE in a 3-4 are very interesting picks that could provide a pass rush upgrade for us. There are also a few pass rushing DE/OLB types that our touted to be available around where we pick like Cam Jordan from Cal or Justin Houston from Georgia that could really upgrade our team.

There are also going to be a lot of versatile DEs available at our pick. Guys like Cameron Heyward, JJ Watt and Adrian Clayborne that could play LE in a 4-3 or DE in a 3-4 are very interesting picks that could provide a pass rush upgrade for us. There are also a few pass rushing DE/OLB types that our touted to be available around where we pick like Cam Jordan from Cal or Justin Houston from Georgia that could really upgrade our team.

Von Miller, led the nation in sacks last year, hes a hybrid DE/LB has the speed and size to compliment Suggs...Out of Texas A&M

• 1 month later...

Crav, I think Von Miller is going to be a top 10 pick.

The guys I am looking at for our 1st pick are Justin Houston or 1 of JJ Watt, Adrian Clayborn or Cameron Heyward. My dream pick right now is JJ Watt but I think he will be gone by the time we pick.

I like Baldwin the big WR but I just think there is better value on D in this draft and that is where we should stock up on unless 1 of the 2nd tier WRs fall to us in the 2nd round like a Titus Young or Hankerson from Miami.

Smith has big-play speed and enough size to develop into a starting NFL receiver who can stretch a defense. Shows great burst off the line and the top-end speed to consistently get behind the secondary but is susceptible to press coverage and is still improving his ability to make over-the-shoulder grabs and come down with jump balls. Not a refined underneath route-runner. Loses speed in transition and doesn't have a real natural feel for finding creases in zones. Has leadership qualities, is a hard-worker, and is a physical run blocker. Smith's speed, upside and mentality make him an early second round prospect.

We are picking 26th they got him projected as an early 2nd rounder.

I said elsewhere that about 10 picks later Smith is perfect. If Ozzie trades back again into that area go for it.

I am not yet sold on Ozzie picking players in the 2nd round. For whatever reason, a lot of them just don't seem to perform on the level you would expect from someone picked in the 2nd round.

I would expect a regular starter, but not a superstar. Other than Rice (too early to tell for Cody), almost all seem to be backups/spot starters instead.