ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Chandler Jones to Baltimore???

vmax

I doubt the Ravens can afford him.........

Ravens players begin recruiting Chandler Jones to Baltimore (msn.com)

After the news of Jones’ situation broke, many NFL players began to recruit the star on social media. That included multiple Ravens players such as Marlon Humphrey, Lamar Jackson, and DeShon Elliott. Humphrey posed a simple question, while Jackson and Elliott responded with an answers that got many excited.

If everything falls into place and Jones is acquired by the team, there’s no doubt that the veteran would be a phenomenal addition to Baltimore’s defense. He would be a perfect compliment to what the Ravens already have at the edge rusher position, and would give them a top pass rushing threat to go along with an elite secondary and excellent front-seven talent.

Jones has posted 97 sacks through nine NFL seasons, including 49 in a three-year span from 2017-2019. He was limited to just five games and accumulated just one sack in 2020 due to a serious biceps injury....Ravens players begin recruiting Chandler Jones to Baltimore (msn.com)

Edited by vmax

23 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

Can they afford him?

That's the big question. If he's not happy with the money there then what about here? What will they have to give up? 

There are rumors that Lamar reported early to sign a new contract. that would eat up the money.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/could-chandler-jones-trade-browns-214447039.html

Could a Chandler Jones trade to the Browns make sense?

While the Browns could construct that contract in a variety of ways to make it work best for them, their salary cap constrictions in the next couple of years would make that difficult. Even trading McKinley or Clowney, which the Cardinals may want, would only save the Browns about $3 million in cap space.

If they pull this off it could be trouble trying to beat them this yr for everyone.

19 hours ago, tsylvester said:

No way they can afford him with all of the young talent they have to pay soon...

Yeah, but for Cleveland to win the big one in football?  Worth it to the fan base.  I'm excited for Cleveland...I'll show myself out...