ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

LOLTinki Barber

vmax

The dudes delusional...

Former New York Giants running back Tiki Barber has filed papers to come out of retirement and try to revive his NFL career, his agent Mark Lepselter confirmed to ESPN on Tuesday.

Barber, who turns 36 in April, hasn't played since the 2006 season with the Giants,....

"After seeing my brother still have fun at our age, it reignited the fire," Tiki Barber said, according to FOXSports.com. "I'm really looking forward to the challenge of seeing if I can get back to the level of where I was. I started working out again recently. It kind of shocked myself. I still had a lot of the strength I had before. I'm really looking forward to making a return."

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=6193850

Show me the team that signs him and I'll show you a loser.

I saw it on SC this eve. It is sad that he has ruined his rep. I wonder if he blew through his money.

Yes on both the money and the rep parts...

There are questions about Barber's motives. When he retired, he made a bunch of smug comments about how he had interests outside of football. Then his broadcasting career with NBC bombed, he cheated on his wife with a 23-year-old intern and he claimed he was too broke to pay the divorce settlement to his former wife. It's pretty clear why Barber is trying to come out of retirement, and it's not to get that elusive Super Bowl ring.

There are questions about Barber's character. Ex-teammate Antonio Pierce slammed Barber on Tuesday for criticizing Giants coach Tom Coughlin and quarterback Eli Manning on his way out the door in 2007. "Tiki Barber, the leader, the person in that locker room?" Pierce said. "He is not going to do anything for your team."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-sportsblitz-ravens-barber0309,0,2452688.story

I saw it on SC this eve. It is sad that he has ruined his rep. I wonder if he blew through his money.

The majority of NFL player do. Posses aren't cheap you know.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/tiki_mulls_pitt_stop_OAOqUObX0EIQMFKMM170YM#ixzz1GDJLeoyM

There could be something down the line with Barber and the Steelers, according to two sources who stated that Barber would certainly be interested in restarting his career in Pittsburgh, playing for a player-friendly head coach in Mike Tomlin and a franchise that annually is a Super Bowl contender.

This will make it easy to not like him.

• 2 months later...

He'd make a great Steeler...

Jesus, take the wheel and while you’re at it please bless Tiki Barber with a really good publicist.

Tiki Barber’s legacy as a solid NFL running back is quickly being replaced with his affinity for making really ridiculous comments. In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Tiki Barber told SI writer Jon Wertheim that he and his girlfriend Traci Johnson hid from the media scrutiny of their affair by moving into the attic of his agent, Mark Lepselter. And then, he proceeded to make, arguably, one of the dumbest comparisons ever.

“Lep’s Jewish,” Wertheim quotes Barber, “and it was like a reverse Anne Frank thing.”

That’s right. As in Anne Frank, the Holocaust victim.

Tiki Barber took some heat from the media and the general public after he left his pregnant wife, Ginny, for his then 23-year old girlfriend. She also happened to be a former co-worker at NBC.

Since losing his job as a Today Show correspondent, he’s been attempting a return to the NFL.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports-sentinel-sports-now/2011/05/26/tiki-barber-compares-living-in-agents-attic-to-anne-frank/