ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/ Panthers Pre Season Thread

vmax

Friday Dancing GIF by Robert E BlackmonThursday GIF by MOODMANTrue Detective Drinking GIF

Proche keeps stacking outstanding practices. The Ravens might have the most depth at WR since the days of Jackson and Alexander....if you can remember that....

.:bow:.......Proche seemed to catch a pass at every level of the defense, and in every third of the field. There were the routine-looking completions over the middle, against zone and man-to-man coverage. There was the approximately 30-yard catch down the right sideline over Hartsfield. And there was maybe the longest completion of the practice, a down-the-middle throw from Huntley that covered about 40 yards in the air and found Proche well behind the defense near Carolina’s 10-yard line. He cruised in easily for the touchdown....Ravens vs. Panthers practice observations on James Proche’s big day, offensive line struggles, a dark-horse RB and more - Baltimore Sun

The only good news on the Oline is that Bozeman, Zeiler are back and Stanley is very close to practicing. Villanueva???? Not so good....

right tackle Alejandro Villanueva struggled against the Panthers’ edge rushers in one-on-ones and team drills, and was called for a holding penalty midway through the practice. :nono:

O line?????

Even against a Carolina defense unfamiliar with the Ravens’ roster, the offensive line played like it was still ironing out the finer points of how to defend against blitzes and defensive line stunts. At one point, the Ravens allowed sacks on back-to-back drop-backs.......Ravens vs. Panthers practice observations on James Proche’s big day, offensive line struggles, a dark-horse RB and more - Baltimore Sun

Roman said the starters need to get on the field now if this is going to be a cohesive unit. I think our anxiety level will subside once we see the starters on the field. Until then??? I'm somewhere in here....Image result for Funny Light at End Tunnel

Reports are encouraging on Lamar. I hear he' has taken a step up in mechanics and accuracy. Looking good.

Lamar Jackson has been sling the ball around the practice field over the past week. The Ravens quarterback has shown better accuracy and is throwing the ball with more pace since missing the first week of practice because of COVID-19.

Jackson has found tight end Mark Andrews numerous times for big gains downfield. 

"It’s incredible," Andrews said. "Just the way that Lamar [Jackson] is throwing outside the numbers, throwing those go-balls, ‘Pro’ [James Proche II] is making those plays down the middle … To be able to have those weapons, obviously, it takes a ton of pressure off of me, [and] there can’t be as many eyes on me. Ravens Training Camp: Lamar Jackson Coming on Strong (msn.com)

Andrews was dusting everybody the Panthers threw at him yesterday.

Good camp update from the Sun....

Ravens vs. Panthers practice observations on James Proche’s big day, offensive line struggles, a dark-horse RB and more - Baltimore Sun

More what to watch stuff....

Ravens-Panthers Joint Practice: What to Watch - Sports Illustrated Baltimore Ravens News, Analysis and More

If you're not into football....

Hinduism Fast Facts (msn.com)

The Chesapeake Bay Is Awash in Drugs (msn.com)

Fabio reveals his secret to ‘reversing the aging process’ (msn.com)

6 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

This receiving corps could be better than those early yrs.  Everyone is sleeping on div and Porche. 

It looks vey possible...IF...they stay healthy.

Camp scare today....

A scary moment occurred at Baltimore Ravens practice on Thursday morning, as tight end Mark Andrews had to be taken away in an ambulance.

Andrews was dealing with major cramping and was seen limping around the field. He received an IV, but then collapsed shortly thereafter, resulting in him leaving practice by way of an ambulance. 

As for if Andrews will play in the Ravens' second preseason game on Saturday, let's not count on it. Baltimore will have to travel to Charlotte to take on the Panthers. While this is still two days away, it is hard to justify playing a star player in a meaningless preseason game when he left practice in an ambulance 48 hours prior. Andrews should be fine, but he needs time to recover.

While it was a scary moment at Ravens practice, Baltimore believes Andrews will be all right.....

Lamar Wired...Wired: Lamar Jackson in Ravens-Panthers Joint Practice (baltimoreravens.com)

Edited by vmax

More updates from the Ravens website.....Baltimore Ravens, Carolina Panthers, Preseason, Practice, NFL, AFC

• :bow:....Ronnie Stanley looked like an All-Pro left tackle while getting his most extended work since returning from ankle surgery. After individual drills, Stanley squared off against several Panthers defensive ends during team drills and had his way. Nobody that Stanley lined up against come close to getting to the quarterback. Seeing Stanley in action Thursday after sitting out Wednesday was a positive development for an offensive line group trying to build chemistry prior to the season.

...:nono:....... five of the Ravens' top wide receivers did not practice – Marquise "Hollywood" Brown, Rashod Bateman, Sammy Watkins, Devin Duvernay and Miles Boykin. Wide receiver Deon Cain was also absent. There were not many throwing windows for Baltimore's quarterbacks and they paid for throwing into tight coverage.

AsbO0wRi_normal.jpg

Ravens' Kevin Zeitler: "This is the biggest line I've ever been on. In this league, you need big people who can do crazy, cool athletic things." The projected line: LT Stanley (6-6, 315) LG Cleveland (6-6, 357) C Bozeman (6-5, 325) RG Zeitler (6-4, 315) RT Villanueva (6-9, 320)

Edited by vmax

I read this....

Lamar Jackson goes through the motions on drop-backs, he targets a wide receiver group missing almost all of its top options.

Rookie Rashod Bateman is absent,Sammy Watkins isn’t here. Marquise “Hollywood” Brown, Miles Boykin and Deon Cain are in street clothes again. Even wide receiver Devin Duvernay has the day off; he’ll spend the early part of practice helping the wide receivers in drill work. th?id=OIP.WrgI6biLsOF8CmQMFEjspQAAAA&pid=1.7&w=162&h=186&c=8&dpr=1..At one point, cornerback Marcus Peters will step in to run a route and catch a pass during wide receiver drills......

It is that bad. 

th?id=OIP.OnMYd5H_dzbGw1zI2Cs84wHaFh&pid=1.7&w=240&h=198&c=8&dpr=1..Think about this......it's 8/19, camp is over any day now and the bulk of the Ravens starting offense has not played one snap together! 

There is no way we get an upgraded passing attack this season. None of the parts have practiced together. The parts are there, but they won't be installed properly. 

They'll have to run for the same amount as last year.

Edited by vmax

13 hours ago, vmax said:

I read this....

It is that bad. 

th?id=OIP.OnMYd5H_dzbGw1zI2Cs84wHaFh&pid=1.7&w=240&h=198&c=8&dpr=1..Think about this......it's 8/19, camp is over any day now and the bulk of the Ravens starting offense has not played one snap together! 

There is no way we get an upgraded passing attack this season. None of the parts have practiced together. The parts are there, but they won't be installed properly. 

They'll have to run for the same amount as last year.

Don't tell this idiot on th that.  She seems to think Bateman can just walk on the field and the chemistry is just there. 

Clark, Elliott and Averet played great, Looks like they took the next step from last year.

Queen too. Harrison and Hayes looked strong. The linebacking corp is now a strength.

McCrary and Williams ran well while Gus got his usual 7.0 ypc. Man among boys.

Huntley went 14 for 16 after starting 0-4. He looked n command. And Benji Took 2 kneel downs!:fishin:

Ravens basically dominated. TOP 38:43 to 21:17

Strong defensive effort.

Anybody think the Panthers HC looked lost in the 2nd half?

Hated the Panthers broadcast.

19 in a row!!!!:gorave:

:nono: He's so valuable.

A knee injury to inside linebacker L.J. Fort could be serious, according to Head Coach John Harbaugh.

Fort limped off the field in the second quarter and did not return to Baltimore's 19th straight preseason victory, 20-3, over the Carolina Panthers.

"I haven't heard a final thing yet; I have to say unfortunately it does not look good from what I was told during the game," Harbaugh said. "I think it got stuck in that Astroturf out there unfortunately.Baltimore Ravens at Carolina Panthers, 2021, Preseason 2, Bank of America Stadium

The Ravens can go a long way if the defense contines to operate like this.......

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“Ravens defense was suffocating in the second half in Carolina:

Points allowed: 0
First downs: 0
Total yards: 18 (on 15 plays)
Rushing yards: 10
Passing: 8
Comp-att: 1-of-9”

image.jpeg.ba45ea83f3b026c6cc4105a8b449f476.jpeg  I am still waiting to see the Proche that I hear about in camp.

They ran the ball well considering the state of the O line. 42 carries for 167 yards and a 4,0 ypc. 2 TD's. Not the crazy 5-5 ypc that we are used to seeing, yet to hit a 4.0 NFL average behind that line tells me they have some runners in Williams and McCrary. 

So where does that leave Hill? I thought this would be his break out year.  Keep him for depth due to experience? Trade or let him go, only to see him become the next Priest Hol;mes in KC? :scared: