ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The best regular season home win?

tsylvester

If you haven't seen it, the Ravens home page is making that claim about the Kc game. While it was a fabulous game, I must insist to disagree and remind them, you of an improbable come from behind win against the SeaHawks back in 2003. If memory serves me correctly they not only came back from a 19 pt deficit with 6 or 7 minutes left and won in over time. To add to that, Anthony always wrong Wright completed a pass on 4th and 29 to keep the hopes of a win in tact.

More than half of the full stadium emptied out in the 4th q, I was there, I stayed.

But by the 2 min warning, everyone was trying desperately to get back in. That place was rocking louder than I have ever heard even when full, even louder than the playoff game a few years earlier...

Sorry Baltimore Ravens, that was the best home regular season win.

Agreed.   That game was fantastic.  Other than meaning for Lamar I dont see Sunday nights game as the greatest home win ever.  Other games were much more meaningful to the team.

The Jax game from 2000 ending the losing streak against them.   It was so important to get that win.  It finally got the monkey off our back and started the run towards an eventual title.

It was a route but the first playoff game in bmore since 1977.  Also the Sharpe tip ball for the TD.  It really showed we were very good and could do damage.

The inaugural game of the Ravens in 96.  Sloppy game but it was the first.

The first trip back to bmore for the Colts.  Manning's rookie yr.  The D was getting better but not elite yet.

Finally these 3 games while not the greatest were fun as hell to watch.

Jamal Lewis breaks the record breaker.  The game was a devastation to Cle.  I wonder if they still make excuses about that game.  T remember Hoss?

The 2002 MNF against Denver.  The team of kids.  Not the most exciting game but fun just pouring it on them.  Cmac with the record TD and the greatest decleating of all time.

The Vikings snow game.  The season was crap.  The Vikes were nothing but man those last 2 minutes were insane.  

21 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

Agreed.   That game was fantastic.  Other than meaning for Lamar I dont see Sunday nights game as the greatest home win ever.  Other games were much more meaningful to the team.

The Jax game from 2000 ending the losing streak against them.   It was so important to get that win.  It finally got the monkey off our back and started the run towards an eventual title.

It was a route but the first playoff game in bmore since 1977.  Also the Sharpe tip ball for the TD.  It really showed we were very good and could do damage.

The inaugural game of the Ravens in 96.  Sloppy game but it was the first.

The first trip back to bmore for the Colts.  Manning's rookie yr.  The D was getting better but not elite yet.

Finally these 3 games while not the greatest were fun as hell to watch.

Jamal Lewis breaks the record breaker.  The game was a devastation to Cle.  I wonder if they still make excuses about that game.  T remember Hoss?

The 2002 MNF against Denver.  The team of kids.  Not the most exciting game but fun just pouring it on them.  Cmac with the record TD and the greatest decleating of all time.

The Vikings snow game.  The season was crap.  The Vikes were nothing but man those last 2 minutes were insane.  

Agree on all of them. Great games. 

I'll put Sunday night in the top 5 but not the greatest. One good thing about this topic was a trip down Memory Lane....there were so many great games. How about ED Reed vs the Indigenous Persons? Punt block for TD. Int for TD. Fumble recovery for a TD. Insane. Then there's the classic Ravens/Steelers games. Just a ton of them. You can watch the top 25 Ravens games on their website.

It's looking like we are getting a new generation of younger fans which is great. However the older Ravens games are too far in the past for them to remember. This game blew them away so that's why I think it's coming up as the best game.

Yea...they are young and enthusiastic....

image.thumb.png.4f7264be23d7f68d676c3fdfa11f6b31.png

Come on...out with the old...in with the new! 👻