ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Asomugha to Ravens talk

vmax

We can dream but this would go a long way to maintain the Ravens status as an Elite defense during the transition years ahead.

If, as expected, Oakland Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha becomes an unrestricted free agent, the Ravens will have an interest. The Ravens might not be able to pay the price for Asomugha, regarded as one of the best cover corners in the league, but they will at least pursue him when or if the free-agent market opens.

The Ravens would like to have Asomugha start opposite of rookie cornerback Jimmy Smith because they would give the Ravens one of the best combinations in the NFL.

Most teams in the NFL don't have one good cover cornerback, and it would be a luxury to have two. The New York Jets have two, and it makes their pass rush a lot better than it really is.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2011/06/oaklands_nnamdi_asomugha_on_hit_list.html

2 reasons they might cough up the money:

1 To win a Super Bowl now.

2 To remain an Elite D after Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.

Its a nice thought but I don't see it happening because the dollar cost would be too great. Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

Agreed. The smart teams don't go for these high priced FA. Unless Nnamdi decides he wants to value winning over another big contract, he will end up on a crap team that is dumb enough to think that throwing a treasure chest at him will solve all their defensive problems.....Houston maybe?

I say go for it, and backload the contract..Ya dangle the carrot up front with a decent bonus then backload it, if he pans out you then rework it..

The possibilities are endless..Its a dream team!!! Reed, Osi, Jimmy Smith in the back field, Cody, Ngata, Suggs, Kindle bringing the heat..Brother Ray anchoring the middle..Goodgooglymoogly!!

• 1 month later...

I say go for it, and backload the contract..Ya dangle the carrot up front with a decent bonus then backload it, if he pans out you then rework it..

The possibilities are endless..Its a dream team!!! Reed, Osi, Jimmy Smith in the back field, Cody, Ngata, Suggs, Kindle bringing the heat..Brother Ray anchoring the middle..Goodgooglymoogly!!

[/quote

Crav,

Goodgoogly moogly ? Next you will be pooping your pants ! There are two chances of Namdi coming here: slim and none !

Houston or the Skins will throw stupd Haynesworth $ at him. We arent doing that.

For what its worth, I am sure we are signing 1-2 key new FAs.