ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Who Goes?

vmax

Here's a list of 16 potential free agents for the Ravens.

Marc Bulger, QB

Le’Ron McClain, FB

Jalen Parmele, RB

T.J. Houshmandzadeh, WR

Donte' Stallworth, WR

Jared Gaither, OT

Marshal Yanda, G

Chris Chester, C

Jameel McClain, ILB

Prescott Burgess, OLB

Fabian Washington, CB

Chris Carr, CB

Josh Wilson, CB

Dawan Landry, SS

Tom Zbikowski, S

Haruki Nakamura, S

With a new CBA it looks like there will be a lower CAP so the Ravens will have to let some of these guys walk.

If you could only keep half of them, which 8 would it be?

Here's a list of 16 potential free agents for the Ravens.

Marc Bulger, QB

Le’Ron McClain, FB

Jalen Parmele, RB

T.J. Houshmandzadeh, WR

Donte' Stallworth, WR

Jared Gaither, OT

Marshal Yanda, G

Chris Chester, C

Jameel McClain, ILB

Prescott Burgess, OLB

Fabian Washington, CB

Chris Carr, CB

Josh Wilson, CB

Dawan Landry, SS

Tom Zbikowski, S

Haruki Nakamura, S

With a new CBA it looks like there will be a lower CAP so the Ravens will have to let some of these guys walk.

If you could only keep half of them, which 8 would it be?

Both McClain's, Yanda, Chester, Wilson, Zibby, Nakamura, and (gulp!) Gaither.

The 8 I wish to keep and what I think we will realistically keep are a lot different so I will go with who I think we will keep.

Le’Ron McClain, FB

Jalen Parmele, RB

Marshal Yanda, G

Chris Chester, C

Jameel McClain, ILB

Chris Carr, CB

Tom Zbikowski, S

Haruki Nakamura, S

I think Carr will be cheaper than Wilson which means Wilson is likely gone even though I thought he did really well for us last season. Unfortunately we keep Chester as I don't think there will be much interior O-Line help in free agency. I could see Parmele being kept and then cut in training camp if the rookie impresses.

You cant keep Bulger, dont read too much into he wants to play in Baltimore, he got paid 3 million last year because it was an uncapped season, when this new CBA goes into effect he will be lucky to get vet min of 750,000..Now if he agrees to that than OK I'd keep him as back-up..

I'm not countimg Bulger out. He doesn't want to be a starter...loves being the back up. He might go for less money...certainly not vet minimum.

Joe hasn't been seriously hurt yet. If Joe goes down, then so does the season. Even a game or 2 is huge....for that reason the Ravens will work out a deal and pay Bulger enough to keep him here. He's critical, vital insurance for the whole team and franchise....they are playing to get to and win a Super Bowl. Ozzie will not be short sighted in this area.

I'm not countimg Bulger out. He doesn't want to be a starter...loves being the back up. He might go for less money...certainly not vet minimum.

Joe hasn't been seriously hurt yet. If Joe goes down, then so does the season. Even a game or 2 is huge....for that reason the Ravens will work out a deal and pay Bulger enough to keep him here. He's critical, vital insurance for the whole team and franchise....they are playing to get to and win a Super Bowl. Ozzie will not be short sighted in this area.

Max,

I wholeheartedly agree. Unfortunately, somebody's going to be left out. Hopefully, its not Bulger.

Honestly, the only must re-sign free agent I see is Yanda (outside of signing Ngata long-term of course). Outside of that maybe re-signing one of Carr or Wilson, Jameel McClain, and maybe Chris Chester as a back-up. Remember this, there are going to be A LOT of young free agents available (four and five year guys). Re-sign Yanda and Ngata (Ozzie already re-upped Koch and Cundiff before the lockout which was HUGE) and I believe in Ozzie's magic to find sleepers in free agency.

We have got to and I mean got to have our OL in tact. Our lack of an effective OL killed our O and Joe last season . Cant have it again.

Message to Oz: do what you will but have Oher, Yanda, Birk, Grubbs and Gaither in camp, healthy and ready to go, and be 2 deep in every OL position. :thumbup: