ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The Fall Of The Ravens Empire

papasmurfbell

https://russellstreetreport.com/2018/01/12/lombardis-way/ravens-empire/

It was a happy ending that evening, but the Super Bowl 47 win, set in motion a gradual decaying of a winning franchise. It was then that the Ravens empire began to fall.

I wish I had read this yrs ago.  It christalizes what I have thought if the ravens for yrs. 

• Upvote 1

Fall? What fall? Ok, so they haven't won a Super Bowl since then, but they did fall one game winning touchdown pass in the final seconds, that should have been caught, &or a game tying field goal on the same drive, away from going to back to back Super Bowls.

Oh yes, then 11-5, 14-2, 10-6 (twice) 4 playoff appearences since then.

Yes, some down years, some bad drafts, bad free agent signings, but fall?

That terminology would imply the Ravens have missed the playoffs, had nothing but losing seasons since the Super Bowl win in 2012; completely wrong.

Even this current season, while a losing one, saw 5 games lost by 4 pts or less, 6 lost by a combined less than 15 pts!

That, with all of the injuries to KEY players.

That article is crappola....

2 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Fall? What fall? Ok, so they haven't won a Super Bowl since then, but they did fall one game winning touchdown pass in the final seconds, that should have been caught, &or a game tying field goal on the same drive, away from going to back to back Super Bowls.

Oh yes, then 11-5, 14-2, 10-6 (twice) 4 playoff appearences since then.

Yes, some down years, some bad drafts, bad free agent signings, but fall?

That terminology would imply the Ravens have missed the playoffs, had nothing but losing seasons since the Super Bowl win in 2012; completely wrong.

Even this current season, while a losing one, saw 5 games lost by 4 pts or less, 6 lost by a combined less than 15 pts!

That, with all of the injuries to KEY players.

That article is crappola....

Look when it was written.  2018.  Without an injury to Joe harbs is gone.  Even with his dynamic qb things were regressing.  I have not liked the locker room leadership since 2012.  Even now some of the drafting has been suspect. So the article has some merit. 

Max you realize things can change and fast.

57 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

Look when it was written.  2018.  Without an injury to Joe harbs is gone.  Even with his dynamic qb things were regressing.  I have not liked the locker room leadership since 2012.  Even now some of the drafting has been suspect. So the article has some merit. 

Max you realize things can change and fast.

Again, so it was written in 18, the same holds true. One catch from returning to the Super Bowl. Then what?

If his premise were true, the Ravens would not, NOT have gone 11-5, 14-2, 10-6 (twice) and made the playoffs in consecutive years.

They would have been sub 500 in each of the years. He was trying to be predictive and thus, failed.

Thus why it is a garbage article

True papa, but every team has a down year or two. He was calling for a fall as if this team, this org is the Browns or Bengals, Raiders or Lions. A preposterous article.

We have talked about the failures in the draft from Ozzie, especially when it came to Bama players. Free agent flops like Houston etc, time is still out on how Eric will do, but nonetheless, when you win the super bowl, come one catch away from returning the next year, then book end the losimg seasons with the abovementioned 11-5, 14-2, etc, it's impossible to call that a fall. A slip, maybe losing a balance but staying on your feet, but not a fall..

The Lamar yrs I can't add in exactly. He is able to do things that body has seen. But he has not evolved and gotten better going back to a coaching issue.  

Basically a supe fell in harbs lap.  He rode it to win a ton of games and then other teams found the kryptonite and harbs never helped his supe make it useless.