ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Courage and Patriotism

vmax

Inspiring....He knows that he is going to die....and maybe his family....

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has turned down an offer from the United States of evacuation from the capital city Kyiv, the Ukraine embassy in Britain said Saturday on Twitter.

"The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride," Zelensky told the US, according to the embassy.
"Ukrainians are proud of their President," the tweet adds.
In a video posted on Saturday morning entitled "do not believe the fakes," Zelensky revealed that he is still in Kyiv.
"I am here. We are not putting down arms. We will be defending our country, because our weapon is truth, and our truth is that this is our land, our country, our children, and we will defend all of this," he said.
"That is it. That's all I wanted to tell you. Glory to Ukraine," he added........Zelensky defiant: Ukrainian president refuses US offer to evacuate, saying 'I need ammunition, not a ride' - CNN

Russia's in over their head....

“We’re not going anywhere. I was born in Kyiv and I will die here,” said Valeria Voytenko, a 23-year-old post-office worker whose husband is fighting on the front lines of Kharkiv.

“If they had given us weapons, I would also go shoot them up and defend my home,” chimed in her friend Yana Kamun, a 20-year-old manicurist. “We will fight to the last one. And we have faith that Ukraine will win.”.........Kyiv and Moscow Hold Talks as Ukrainian Troops Repel Russian Attacks (msn.com)

22 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

They have a president that I need guns not a ride and we had captain bonespirs.   We have become a good damned disgrace.  

None of our elected officials would be on the lines with their soldiers, who are you kidding?  All our officials are sad representatives.  I'm not an anarchist by any means, by I have no faith in our system.

On 3/2/2022 at 7:10 AM, GrubberRaven said:

The SOTU was energizing enough, but Biden looks so old and tired.  

Yes. He is old and tired, but he is not defeated. He is running at an amazing pace every day, non-stop. It would put most people to shame. And he's never had a problem calling Putin out. Even to his face. There is a ton of fight left in Joe. He knows he can die any minute at the pace he's going. He never expected to live out his term. He loves our country and democracy. He could have retired. Faded off into the sunset. Look at how hard he has run the last 2+ years. 

Nice shot! :thumbup:

Edited by vmax

Here's a good read.......

The Ukrainians are teaching Americans two lessons about democracy that many of us have forgotten.
Lesson 1: The most ferocious defenders of democracy are those who have been denied it.
Lesson 2: Ordinary people are the true heroes of democracy

Ukrainians are giving Americans two lessons about democracy we've forgotten - CNNPolitics

I don't want to raise a false hope, yet it looks like the Ukrainians are winning. The cost is horrible yet they endure.

"We never wanted this war, but it was brought to us," Zelensky said in an impassioned speech posted to his Facebook page. "We never dreamed of killing, but we have to knock out the enemy — from our land and from our lives."

He added, "We have to endure what no other European nation has seen in 80 years. And it is on our land that it is decided whether someone else in Europe will fall victim to the same aggression."

Russian President Vladimir Putin launched Russia's invasion of Ukraine in the early hours of February 24, and Zelensky said that in recent days, "The enemy is tired. Demoralized."

"They came to our land to look for something that has never been here: cowardice, consent to slavery," Zelensky said. 

The former-comedian-turned-wartime-leader said that Ukraine will take "victory" in the war with Russia. 

"The government of Ukraine is already working on how to restore our state after the victory," he said.

And he announced that a "special" economic tax break package has already been created to aid Ukrainian businesses and employees amid the war with Russia. 

"We and terror are different universes," Zelensky said. "That is why there is no blood on our flag."

"There are no and will never be black spots on it," he said. "There are no and will never be any swastikas on it. The Ukrainian flag is the land. Peaceful, fertile, golden and without tanks. This is the sky. Peaceful, clear, blue and without missiles. So it was. And so it will be." Zelensky says Russian forces are 'tired' and 'demoralized' as he spoke about the future of Ukraine after its 'victory' in war (msn.com)

Zelensky is truly inspiring and full of fight. Who would have expected that from a TV actor turned President? Certainly not the 'Apprentice' guy who only seeks to divide us while making more and more money.

12 hours ago, GrubberRaven said:

Curious where you guys go for news as there is bias on both sides.

What do you mean by bias?

I go everywhere for news. ABC, CNN, MSN, CBS, BBC, USAToday, Sun.....