ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Is Building Through the Draft Obsolete?

oldno82

It's behind a pay wall for me so I can't read it.. But knowing Mikey, it's his knee jerk reaction theory... Didn't he write one like that shortly after the Rams won it all after going all in?

The "odds", statistics, over history show that the team that does this, ie wins the offseason free agent rhelm, usually fails and miserably.

Will the Broncos follow the rams or, follow history in this league

. Frankly, it mostly depends on how one looks at it. Yes, the Rams won it all, how long is that "good enough" for the fans, the org?

The Rams are cap strapped and have no draft picks. Denver will be the same in a year. What does that mean?

Time will tell, but to sustain winning, you have to have draft picks-cheap good labor- and be right about them.

Denver got Manning via free agency same with the Bucs, so there was no all in ala the Rams and the now Broncos.

The Pats, the Ravens, the Steelers, Kc, and even the Bengals who appear to have landed on top draft talent, along with several other teams have shown, draft well, draft often, take care of your cap & you will have a winning team for years...

'Buying' a championship is short-sighted emphasis on win now and screw the future. Perhaps some teams do it to generate interest in a dissatisfied fan base, but it will only work for a year or two and then what? It should come around to bite them in the ass.

They'll probably drop down to last place then begin to recoup their losses but it will take quite a while to recover.

On another note...I would really like to see the Ravens make an attempt to get Von Miller. Any ideas on that?

Some ppl were talking fa tes.   That is a silly idea so I looked at the prospects and these are the guys I like.

I like Charlie Kolar.  He can be had day 2 or 3.  
Cade Otton is also a day 2 or 3 pick.  He got covid and sidelined his season so he could be a steal.  He is also a good blocker.
Jake Ferguson could be had outside of our picks in the first 4 rounds.  He can block being in a run heavy system.
Daniel Barker as a late pick he could add some real value.

We need someone who blocks well and these guys can.

If a team doesn't draft well then they will never get close enough to where a few FA signings puts them over the top as a SB contender/favorite.

See the source image

Edited by vmax

17 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

Some ppl were talking fa tes.   That is a silly idea so I looked at the prospects and these are the guys I like.

I like Charlie Kolar.  He can be had day 2 or 3.  
Cade Otton is also a day 2 or 3 pick.  He got covid and sidelined his season so he could be a steal.  He is also a good blocker.
Jake Ferguson could be had outside of our picks in the first 4 rounds.  He can block being in a run heavy system.
Daniel Barker as a late pick he could add some real value.

We need someone who blocks well and these guys can.

The tight end out of UVA, Jelani Woods. A bit raw, but big, quick & fast, great blocker by using his size. 4th round, maybe 5th

5 hours ago, vmax said:

If a team doesn't draft well then they will never get close enough to where a few FA signings puts them over the top as a SB contender/favorite.

See the source imageIf a team doesn't draft well then they will never get close enough to where a few FA signings puts them over the top as a SB contender/favorite.

Bingo!