Panthers W

Jags W

Broncos L

Steelers W

Browns L

Falcons W

Steelers L

Bengals L

Spit balling it right off the bat I have a 10-7 record.  I have not looked at who our opponents play the week before.  One trap game I do see is week 1. Playing in NY on 9/11 is not enviable.  Also just assuming the win bc they are the Jets.  Interesting how we roll through the east in the first 4 weeks.

Then Jets were 4-13 last year. Their defense gave up a league worst 39.6 points per game. We'll be OK. 

October...4 B's...Bills Bengals, Browns, Bucs...tough stretch.

Then 3 AFC road games in Dec and Jan...3 on the road. Not fair!

Right now...until I know that Stanley, Boyle, Dobbins, Peters, Gus and Humphrey will be ready and 100% opening day I see a 9-8 Ravens team. Get them back healthy and...

image.jpeg.d92fdaa9f64c265cb3d59abdbbafbdc9.jpeg Eye see 11-6.

IF they can get everybody back healthy by week 2, and I mean as healthy as they were when they got hurt, they could win 12 games. If not it will still depend on how many come back, how football healthy they are, and in what order who comes back. Right now the fog of war is impenetrable.

10 hours ago, vmax said:

Then Jets were 4-13 last year. Their defense gave up a league worst 39.6 points per game. We'll be OK. 

That is why it could be a trap game.  There is no tape.  They made a lot of good fixes.  Wilson with a full yr to learn could be very different.

They picked up a good CB and OL.  They picked up a couple good TEs.  Last I saw TEs gouged our D.

As for the draft they got Sauce Gardner.  So they have really good to good coverage on both sides.  Garrett Wilson is now their #1 WR.  They stole Jermain Johnson who I really wanted the Ravens to draft.  They Have the RB from Iowa St plus the good RB from last yr.  They have the OSU TE.  There will be a lot of 2 and 3 TE alignments.  

This is a very different Jets team than we are used to.  If we sleep on them we can pull the L.

18 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

That is why it could be a trap game.  There is no tape.  They made a lot of good fixes. This is a very different Jets team than we are used to.  If we sleep on them we can pull the L.

It was a good draft for the Jets. Good off season moves.. How and why? Joe Douglas. Scout for the Ravens is now their GM. I expect another "Ravens North" situation just like when the Eagles raided the Ravens coaches, scouts and FO. 

All that aside, Wilson and all his help will not suddenly turn good in his 1st week. He has a ways to go from 3-10. Peters, Humphrey, Williams, Hamilton and Ohweh will feast.

The Ravens spend all of camp getting ready for week 1. After last years loss to the Raiders and all the adversity that followed they will be on fire.

ason will not be a trap game for the Ravens. They prepare for opening day all off season. Harbaugh will have them ready.

Remember the ravens getting humiliated by a horrid Jax team in London?  Remember when they got humiliated by a horrific Rams team in STL?  Both teams were so bad.  Both those games happened weeks into the season when tape was out there.  It looks like the Jets are ging to totally revamp that offense and defense and we have no tape.  The ravens have the ability to stomp them out but they have a history of playing down and will not be totally prepared for what they will see.

Not that Brown was a true deep threat, but he was... Now what? Thus early, teams will be able to play down in their coverage which will make running the ball, including Lamar running, very difficult. It will also make the short- intermediate passing game this team relies on, much harder over the middle where safeties will be able to hunt.

So, does Lamar finally learn how to timely, accurately throw outside the numbers, down field?

I'm not too worried about the defense, so many secondary players were out last year, I expect a healthy defense to be in the top 12 or better.

But this offense, yes I know they also had injuries, is what worries me most, that and man I have to cut back on soda, my gut is getting bigger....

48 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Not that Brown was a true deep threat, but he was... Now what? Thus early, teams will be able to play down in their coverage which will make running the ball, including Lamar running, very difficult. It will also make the short- intermediate passing game this team relies on, much harder over the middle where safeties will be able to hunt.

So, does Lamar finally learn how to timely, accurately throw outside the numbers, down field?

I'm not too worried about the defense, so many secondary players were out last year, I expect a healthy defense to be in the top 12 or better.

But this offense, yes I know they also had injuries, is what worries me most, that and man I have to cut back on soda, my gut is getting bigger....

this is some good food for thought. They stack the box every game and the Ravens haven't been able to burn them even with Brown. There is no replacement for Brown and his procution this year. The FA WR market has no options. Therefore the Ravens have to build a passing game with the players they have signed. 

I see 50/50 run pass ratio. It was 60/40 in 2019. They will use 2-3 TE's, passing and running, to beat up the LB's and safeties. Bateman is the possession chain mover. Duverney occasional deep threat. Split receptions among Proche, Dobbind and Ricard.

Something like that and my gut is getting bigger....:gorave:

16 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

Wallace was given almost no shot at pt.  Duv and Prochet need to have more.  With healthy TEs I expect 13 personnel much more often.  They are fine at WR.

I agree. Go ahead. Stack the box. Let's play Bully Ball.

Boy do we need a healthy Stanley back. That is the key to this whole offense. Yeah we shoulda had a plan in place to replace Brown before letting him go. Blame that on DeCosta and my rather large gut that is getting bigger every week.

On 5/13/2022 at 5:23 PM, tsylvester said:

Maybe the Ravens could engineer a trade (Gee, there's an original thought, Eric). Shit, I'd be willing to give up a 2nd round pick for a true young-ish fast WR if we could get one for that.

Not sure there are many teams out there willing to give one up, that is affordable. They would know the Ravens are "desperate", plus we really don't know what the 3 young guys can do, Procter, Duv, Wallace.

The problem is the system and to some extent Lamar. Yes Brown had 1,000 + yards last year, but big deal, those are few & far between in this system.

So even a traded player, will he give 100 percent? Will he resign here? Will he gripe during the year when Lamar looks past him on a double move, and throws instead to Andrews over the middle into double coverage?

If you watch the routes closely on the all 22, you will be shocked to see how often that happened with Lamar.

It isn't just the system it is his ability to read quickly, trust, throw, accurately.

If Stanley is not ready then this season will be a disaster and that only sits on the fo.   Someone needs to pay for it  before 23.  Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

They are fine with Brown gone.  Stop putting vets in the way of the young guys who stand up pretty well when they actually are given a shot.

3 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Not sure there are many teams out there willing to give one up, that is affordable. They would know the Ravens are "desperate", plus we really don't know what the 3 young guys can do, Procter, Duv, Wallace.

The problem is the system and to some extent Lamar. Yes Brown had 1,000 + yards last year, but big deal, those are few & far between in this system.

So even a traded player, will he give 100 percent? Will he resign here? Will he gripe during the year when Lamar looks past him on a double move, and throws instead to Andrews over the middle into double coverage?

If you watch the routes closely on the all 22, you will be shocked to see how often that happened with Lamar.

It isn't just the system it is his ability to read quickly, trust, throw, accurately.

Lots of good points in here. I guess we just wait and see unless a WR who's really fast and likes our system (fat chance) comes here. We certainly will have a lot of TE talent available this year.

2 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

If Stanley is not ready then this season will be a disaster and that only sits on the fo.   Someone needs to pay for it  before 23.  Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

They are fine with Brown gone.  Stop putting vets in the way of the young guys who stand up pretty well when they actually are given a shot.

Agree with you on the FO responsibility. Not so sure about what you say regarding our young WR talent.