ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

So did Koch decide to retire...

papasmurfbell

He decided, if you watched closely last season he lost some height and distance on his punts, consistently speaking. Good for him, good for the team,  if they put punters in the hall, he would be a shoe in, punter intended....

More.proof that it was a mutual decision, he is now on the coaching staff...

Just judging from his appearance at the presser, it looked to me that Sam didn't really want to go. But, time marches on and the Ravens have made it as painless as possible.

From what I"ve seen, he was the best holder I've ever.

Sam.  We want you to know we are going cheaper at punter.  You can be cut and go out looking for a new opportunity or we can bring you onto the coaching staff.  If you stay with us you don't have to disturb your family. 

If thatis how it was presented it really wasn't his call.

Even if it went down that way, so what? It is a smart business, team decision. Saves a ton of cap space, brings a fresh leg, one of the best in college, and now allows Sam to teach him the how to get the most out of punts, how to male different punts.

It's a win- win

3 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Even if it went down that way, so what? It is a smart business, team decision. Saves a ton of cap space, brings a fresh leg, one of the best in college, and now allows Sam to teach him the how to get the most out of punts, how to male different punts.

It's a win- win

Papa likes misery and when he can't find any, he makes his own

4 hours ago, tsylvester said:

It's a win- win

You hit the nail on the head.

3 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

I always liked Sam and wanted him right now to walk out on his own.

Not all players are willing to give up, willing to see that they have, lost a step or two. Better to go out early than to stay longer and hurt the team later.

Cap issues, maybe he hits a wall in week 17 costing the team a game, who knows...

• Like 1