ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Mandatory OTA

vmax

Lamar Jackson’s first throw in Tuesday’s full-team phase at Ravens mandatory minicamp was a touchdown to Rashod Bateman in a red-zone drill. His most and prettiest completions went to tight end Mark Andrews. In seven-on-seven work, Jackson spread the ball around and had completions on all of his attempts.:gorave: Ravens QB Lamar Jackson returns: ‘Having No. 8 back, everything is elevated’ - The Athletic

You can subscribe to Jeff and The Athletic for $1 a month. Well worth it.

We should get a lot of news today through Thursday and Friday then we have that long wait until the end of July for Training camp. I'm soaking up as much as I can.

Lamar has bulked up. I don't know how this affects his running. I hear he shows no signs of the foot injury.

The Ravens got a look at five other players on a tryout basis: wide receiver Mustaqeem Williams, outside linebacker Steven Means, offensive linemen T.J. Storment and David Steinmetz, and long snapper Alex Matheson. Williams was a decorated track athlete at the University of Tennessee. Means has played parts of eight seasons in the NFL and spent part of 2014 with the Ravens. Steinmetz was with Washington the past two years. Storment and Matheson participated in the Ravens rookie minicamp.

• With Bowser and Ojabo still not practicing and Odafe Oweh not participating in full-team drills after he had offseason shoulder surgery, the Ravens’ young edge rushers are getting the lion’s share of reps. Jeremiah Moon, an undrafted rookie out of Florida, made the most of them, touching down Jackson for a sack on one play. That prompted his defensive teammates to say “Moooooooon” in unison.

Edited by vmax

A screen!?

The Ravens completed a screen for about 20 yards in practice, which should have drawn a standing ovation.

The Ravens are one of the worst screen teams in the NFL, but on Tuesday, they faked a quick pass to the left and completed a dump-off to running back Justice Hill.

Here’s the best part: The Ravens had offensive linemen out in front blocking.

Amazing.😂 Mike Preston’s Ravens observations on DL Michael Pierce’s absence, QB Lamar Jackson’s return and a few surprises at minicamp practice | COMMENTARY – Baltimore Sun

OskHmVXc=

This offense has never, as a franchise, been able to run a screen. Some of that is on the game day play calling/timing. Some is on the coaching practices..  Weird, no matter the coach, like trying to develope a wide out, it eludes us..

The only thing that matters is do they come out injury free... Jefferson getting two picks is just comic relief...

Lamar's added 12 pounds of muscle. He's up from 208 to 220. He said he feels great. Urban said he looks great. "Physically, he looks imposing," Quarterbacks Coach James Urban said. "This is a game built for big, strong, fast men. I think he's checking three of those boxes right now." Here he is training. 

SpenceFit on Instagram: “Speed kills💨💨 @new_era8 Work ethic has been on a different level 🆙⬆️ #SpenceFit 🤝 “I don’t own rights to this music””

"Isaiah Likely extended every inch of his 6-foot-4 frame and, with one hand, snatched the football out of the air just before it hit the ground. Likely doesn’t look or move like a traditional tight end, but if he keeps making eye-popping plays downfield and in the red zone — he caught multiple touchdown passes Thursday in addition to the spectacular near-miss — he will see the field come September....https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-minicamp-observations-day-three-20220616-5qbabyqftfgjdaagyqrerfs2me-story.html

Harbaugh was vague about JK and Gus when saying, "They all have a chance (to return by camp.)" Faalele's conditioning is not holding up to the grind, speed and tempo of Ravens practices. He is the biggest player in the NFL and he went right from playing to getting ready for the draft. He's got 6 weeks to get in better condition. He's developmental player at this stage. He was getting beat like a drum in practice from what I hear. I also hear that he's very athletic for his size and it shows. He could be as good as Brown.

:bow: “Rashod Bateman and James Proche. Bateman says, “We’re all tired of the Lamar slander.” Proche called the media disrespect of Jackson “barbaric.” “There’s only been one of him in this league,” Proche said.” :gorave:

Edited by vmax

Not sure I agree with Proche, which media is killing Lamar?

Facts are facts; he has not been able to complete a high percentage of passes outside the numbers nor down field.

What is it with players of today? If you don't just talk about the good play, you are a barbarian.....🤔

Lamar was in the MVP conversation before he got hurt last year. He has a .755 career winning percentage. He's really damn good yet it's hard to find him in the TOP QB rankings. 

Namath is a HOF QB who has more career INT's than TD's. The Morons call him great. Completion percentage of 50% and 62-63 record! He stunk! 

Edited by vmax

Namath is proof that the HOF (for all sports) is a joke.

Lamar has proved that he can play well in the regular season but falters in the playoffs. He has shown accuracy in the middle of the field, 15 -20  yards, but not deep and certainly not along the sidelines.

Those who are honest about evaluating see this and say this. It is not hating on him.

The majority of these talking heads are only blowing sunshine because it sells, because they want to get the next interview.

The only time they are critical of players is when those players screw up or are obviously not very good.