ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Desperate for a pass rusher, JPP

tsylvester

Back in the house today..

Veteran pass rusher Jason Pierre-Paul became a free agent in March. He has received little interest since.

He visited with the Ravens in early June, but they did not sign him.

Pierre-Paul is back in Baltimore today, Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports.

Pierre-Paul, 33, spent the past four seasons with the Buccaneers after eight seasons with the Giants. He’s a three-time Pro Bowler with two Super Bowl rings.

In 2021, Pierre-Paul played through a shoulder injury for most of the year, appearing in 12 games and making 2.5 sacks. He had shoulder surgery in February.

11 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

With incentives he can get that high.

This is good.  From what I've gathered these guys that are getting hurt were supposed to be stop gaps until it backfired in management's faces.  They gambled and it didn't work out for us.

Fingers crossed we have a good game this weekend.

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Yep, they have been whiffing on a lot of players over the past few years, especially at linebacker and edge rusher. Positions they normally would nail...

It's possible that Oweh and Ojabo will be the 2 best or in the top 3 pass rushing tandems next year.

He had surgery in February. Probably wasn't ready until now. He'll rotate in and give guys a rest. Yea he's old in football years coming off an injury. Pierce likes it.

Sure Max, it is possible. It is equally possible, maybe even likely that they will be busts, as one of them is leaning right now.

No sacks in college, no real pass rush moves, not very strong at the point of attack, can't hold an edge. At to this, one of them is also dealing with a season ending injury that happened at a pro day.

Sure, take a chance on a player, I have no issue with that..

Except, you don't take that big risk on a player who will not be able to pay until the following season, when you already have no depth nor real threat at said position.

That is the crux of the matter.

This defense has struggled up the middle and off of the edge for the past few years. Why?

Linebackers, outside, inside, they have missed on drafting & or developing them, a for cry to how it used to be. They never used to miss on those positions, perhaps this is just the cycle. But they let a potentially great middle backer pass by them in the draft only to take a chance on an injured, not even showing flashes of potential edge rusher.

Thus, now they are desperate and have to over pay for an aged, hurt vet.

5 hours ago, vmax said:

tenor.gif

It's possible that Oweh and Ojabo will be the 2 best or in the top 3 pass rushing tandems next year.

He had surgery in February. Probably wasn't ready until now. He'll rotate in and give guys a rest. Yea he's old in football years coming off an injury. Pierce likes it.

this is the SB or bust yr.  LAmar will eat up major cap space after this yr and the window is closed for a while.  So they need ppl to stand up now.

They had a Super Bowl roster last year before the injuries. Thank You Eric.

It's a Super Bowl roster this year if they can survive waiting for their injured players to return. 

It will be a Super Bowl roster next year no matter what they pay Lamar. 

No matter how much you want to shit on this team they are so much fun to watch.

The negativity is for papa. He can't pass up an opportunity to bash this team and organization. 

It's necessary to point out a team's shortcomings We all do it. How else can we focus on what the Ravens need to do to improve? 

We have to know the Ravens weakness's when we look at match ups with their opponents. All teams have weaknesses in this age of Parity. 

I have no problem with the topic on this posts and I agree with it 100%. 

The missing in the draft stuff and blowing 2 1st's is unnecessary negativity to me. There were so many weaknesses and holes to fill this off season that it was not possible to address all of them adequately. 

However, you still have to play the game with what you have....and win.

Here's the whole picture:

They drafted Oweh the year Judon left (A pick they hit on...like Smith). Also Ngakoue and Ward left that year. They had to replace the entire outside LB position that year. Not Oweh's fault....and he will be good. Jaylon Ferguson dies. Yea...they are desperate. Houston and Oweh can't keep up with the snap counts they are getting and you can bet that on last Sundays hot afternoon they ran out of gas in the 4th quarter. 

2 hours ago, vmax said:

They had a Super Bowl roster last year before the injuries. Thank You Eric.

It's a Super Bowl roster this year if they can survive waiting for their injured players to return. 

It will be a Super Bowl roster next year no matter what they pay Lamar. 

No matter how much you want to shit on this team they are so much fun to watch.

With a qb being paid a ton the cap casualties will begin making the team less capable.  

After this drivel I know what head of state you would be.  Putin.  Only accepting good news even when the truth is needed.  Then when your forces are called on they get their asses kicked.  

On 9/24/2022 at 11:02 AM, papasmurfbell said:

With a qb being paid a ton the cap casualties will begin making the team less capable.  

After this drivel I know what head of state you would be.  Putin.  Only accepting good news even when the truth is needed.  Then when your forces are called on they get their asses kicked.  

somethings-wrong-with-you-man-michael-ch

Copeland came in, got a sack, several pressures, a tackle for a loss. JUSTIN MADUBUIKE also had a sack and numerous pressures in the 4th quarter.

So, I noticed McD went with more stunts, twists this game and the blitzes he called in the 4th combined with those moves really were the catalyst for the 3 picks. Mac Jones was hearing footsteps almost the entire 2nd half.

So in lue of a true edge rusher/pass sack master, McD is getting creative with how he gets pressure and finally adjusted as the game went along. Nicely done

15 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

You dont see the metaphor?  You only want good news just like him.  

Wrong area to live to be a Ravens fan and I'm not on social media anymore, so I had to follow the game on reddit of all places.  The NFL app is horrendous now, but that's another story... Imagine a place where nothing but Papa's exist...that's reddit...you would have thought we were losing by 60.  You can't block Papa on here because he posts all the time and the threads would be incoherent to follow,  so you try to tolerate his negativity and it gets exhausting. 

Tsy, you're negative, but you tend to explain yourself, so its tolerable.  You're a fan.  Papa is a negative 24/7.  Maybe you think you're funny, but you're toxic.

Like Max, what the hell is the point to live in negativity and feed off it.  It helps no one.  We're not blind to the inconsistencies, but at the same time, Papa offers NOTHING but childish names and memes.  Yay for you...

7 hours ago, GrubberRaven said:

Wrong area to live to be a Ravens fan and I'm not on social media anymore, so I had to follow the game on reddit of all places.  The NFL app is horrendous now, but that's another story... Imagine a place where nothing but Papa's exist...that's reddit...you would have thought we were losing by 60.  You can't block Papa on here because he posts all the time and the threads would be incoherent to follow,  so you try to tolerate his negativity and it gets exhausting. 

Tsy, you're negative, but you tend to explain yourself, so its tolerable.  You're a fan.  Papa is a negative 24/7.  Maybe you think you're funny, but you're toxic.

Like Max, what the hell is the point to live in negativity and feed off it.  It helps no one.  We're not blind to the inconsistencies, but at the same time, Papa offers NOTHING but childish names and memes.  Yay for you...

Well I guess you didn't read the game thread yesterday.  

Yes...they are desperate....

The Ravens signed veteran outside linebacker Jeremiah Attaochu to their practice squad Tuesday, further bolstering their depth at an injury-laden position.

Baltimore also added guard Zack Johnson to its practice squad and released veteran cornerback Daryl Worley, who was on the 53-man roster.

Attaochu, 29, is entering his ninth NFL season. He was with the Chicago Bears last year but tore his pectoral in Week 5 and was released in June.

A former second-round pick of the Chargers in 2014, Attaochu has 20.5 sacks in his eight seasons. His best season was in 2015, but he recently had a strong campaign in 2020 with the Denver Broncos, logging 5.0 sacks, 31 tackles and nine quarterback hits in 13 games (five starts).Ravens Sign Jeremiah Attaochu and Zack Johnson to Practice Squad (baltimoreravens.com)